What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

CladyRasmussen

CladyRasmussen

Audiophyte
I bought a pair of Kali IN-8 v2 a couple weeks ago. Just added a Sabaj A20d 2022 today :D

Wow, Nice set-up. I like how its so clean and at the same time it's so minimalist. hehehe

Yesterday I bought new graphics card a 3060 ti. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Recently updated my household Bar Tools with A Bar Above gear:
New Boston Shaker Set
Julep Strainer
Bar Spoons
Diamond Cut Mixing Glass
Bell Jigger

Also an Oxo Hawthorne Strainer.

Solid gear. :)
Just added a set of their Dropper/Atomizer 2oz Bottles, too:
1674050216590.jpeg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Planning to make some bitters?
Probably not making my own... My old Bar Manager and I played around with some infusions... That was fun, but getting something like a House Bitter is pretty insane. I would say though, if you enjoy playing around and can get a very high proof clean alcohol like Everclear or at least a high proof Vodka, making little extractions of herbs and spices is pretty entertaining. I don't remember them all, but some that stood out were Szechuan Pepper, Apricot Kernels (like Bitter Almond), Black Peppercorn... We did some obvious stuff, too... Orange Peel, Cinchona Bark, Cherry Bark, Lemon Verbena... I made 12 total before I left.

Nah... I'm going to use one with the atomizer for Absinthe, and then the others will be droppers for dosing bitters.

Some of the Bitters I like have real lousy dosing caps. Scrappy's is one such... But their Bitters are really good and worth using. Their Aromatic is a little more "Warm Spice" than Ango, for example, and works really well in an Old Fashioned along with some Ango. But one dash sometimes yields a drop, then the next a wild squirt. Every cocktail tastes different. *shrugs

On the other hand, with Droppers and the knowledge that 10 is a "Dash," you can make very consistent drinks.

A bit obsessive, certainly. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Probably not making my own... My old Bar Manager and I played around with some infusions... That was fun, but getting something like a House Bitter is pretty insane. I would say though, if you enjoy playing around and can get a very high proof clean alcohol like Everclear or at least a high proof Vodka, making little extractions of herbs and spices is pretty entertaining. I don't remember them all, but some that stood out were Szechuan Pepper, Apricot Kernels (like Bitter Almond), Black Peppercorn... We did some obvious stuff, too... Orange Peel, Cinchona Bark, Cherry Bark, Lemon Verbena... I made 12 total before I left.

Nah... I'm going to use one with the atomizer for Absinthe, and then the others will be droppers for dosing bitters.

Some of the Bitters I like have real lousy dosing caps. Scrappy's is one such... But their Bitters are really good and worth using. Their Aromatic is a little more "Warm Spice" than Ango, for example, and works really well in an Old Fashioned along with some Ango. But one dash sometimes yields a drop, then the next a wild squirt. Every cocktail tastes different. *shrugs

On the other hand, with Droppers and the knowledge that 10 is a "Dash," you can make very consistent drinks.

A bit obsessive, certainly. :D
I hear you on the Agno stuff. Sometimes you get how much you want, sometimes too much.

I still like it though. Got any recommendations for an alternative? I use mine exclusively for old fashions.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I wouldn't "replace" Ango. It is what it is in the Cocktail World for a reason. ;) Rather look at augmenting it.

Scrappy's
Bitter Truth
Bitter Cube

Regan's Orange
Peychaud's

All make really good stuff and it's natural to the best of my knowledge. Another popular company is Fee Brothers... but sadly I've found too many of their products using artificial flavorings so they get a HARD NO from me.
I don't actually use Bitter Truth at home, but cocktails I've had at good bars using their product are solid, including the bar I was at.

Scrappy's has their Aromatic, Orleans, and Grapefruit that are high on my list. They also have an Orange and a Cardomom Bitter that are real good. (And a Celery Bitter too!)
Bitter Truth, I will name the one I don't like: Jerry Thomas Decanter... It just tastes burnt to me and I've seldom enjoyed a cocktail that has it. Their Grapefruit and Orange I have used and are good, as are some others.

Bitter Cube is a darling of mine. :) They have some unique stuff that is truly delicious. Cherry Bark-Vanila is a staple in my Manhattans along with some Ango. They also have a Blackstrap Bitter that is simply stunning and goes well in anything like an Old Fashioned or other drink that may enjoy a warm-spice richness. Two different Jamaican Bitters are both really nice too.

Like Ango, Regan's and Paychaud's are staples that you really can't quite replace.

For me it comes down to a dash of Ango... a dash of Scrappy's Aromatic, and a dash of something else, maybe? :) Just depends on the cocktail and the liquor I'm using. A leather-and-tobacco Rye will want something different than a spicy American Rye... A good Rum Old Fashioned may like that Jamaican Bitter with some Ango, but not a Maker's O.F.

I like a dash of Orange Bitters in my Martinis and will soon have two more to play with other than Regan's. But not every Gin necessarily wants that citrus bump.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Nreal Air AR Glasses, Smart Glasses with Massive 201" Micro-OLED Virtual Theater, Augmented Reality Glasses

I work for an incredible company who's CEO loves Tech. Was able to expense a pair of these to try out!

One of my council members showed me these when I was at an event, will do a review once I have had a chance to play with these on my Ipad. Now I have a an excuse to buy a Steam Deck

G2.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I ran out of space on the old Dell optiplex running Ubuntu and Roon Server. Purchased a cheap NUCi3 and a 2TB storage drive. Running their Roon ROCK OS. Newer CPU and this OS does make for a snappier experience.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Went to the thrift store yesterday and all the vinyl were gone:(, so I bought these like new (2) 4Ks/ (2) Blu-rays/(1) Blu-ray in 3D. All for $16! :eek: :D:cool:
IMG_20230121_183521.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
More new movies!
"The Bat" 1959, starring Vincent Price, Agnes Moorehead
"Antz" 1998, replaces VHS tape
"South Park Post Covid" 2021
"The Whistle Blower" 1987, starring Michel Caine, James Fox, Nigel Havers, Felicity Dean, John Gielgud. Replaces VHS tape
"The Narrow Margin" 1952, starring Chrles McGraw, Marie Windsor
"D.O.A." 1949, starring Edmond O'Brien, Pamela Britton, Luther Adler
IMG_4626.JPG

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Arrived today. Haven't tried it out as I am now at work lol. Really didn't need a hard case or a braided cable, but the additional, swappable, assignable bottom buttons are something I had for my PS4 controller and I loved them and lost them when I moved to the PS5.

rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
I'm going to blame Gene for this purchase :D (since I learned about Kimber Kable through some older videos). The only piece of audio jewelry I will own. Since the rear surrounds will now be on stands (and not wall mounted), I wanted some better looking connectors. The speakers will be angled and thus the back of the speaker and connectors will be partially visible from our dining area.

kimber.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm going to blame Gene for this purchase :D (since I learned about Kimber Kable through some older videos). The only piece of audio jewelry I will own. Since the rear surrounds will now be on stands (and not wall mounted), I wanted some better looking connectors. The speakers will be angled and thus the back of the speaker and connectors will be partially visible from our dining area.

View attachment 59837
They don't do much for sound, but they sure are nice to look at. Super duty strain relief :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 59837
Them are damn nice. Solid connections. Worth the cost, IMO.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
They don't do much for sound, but they sure are nice to look at. Super duty strain relief :)
I remember seeing Gene mention somewhere that he had not purchased the Kimber speaker cables. They came with the RBH speakers when he bought them, so there was no obvious reason to part with them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis