The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app users thread (with facts and tips)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello all, I run into a weird issue with the MultEQ app (Android phone). I run Audussey measurements several times and every time the results were that my subwoofer level was set to -12. This happened even if I lowered the level way down and it was also shown in the app's subwoofer level indicator before the measurements are started. As a last resort, I run the measurements using the AVR (X3600H) and then the subwoofer level was set as expected. Have any of you noticed this behavior from your MultEQ app? Is this a known issue? Thank you for any info!
If this happened even with the sub's volume turned way down, such as near the minimum or at minimum position then something is wrong for sure. Have you tried uninstall and reinstall the app? Or try using another device?

R

Ruato

Audiophyte
If this happened even with the sub's volume turned way down, such as near the minimum or at minimum position then something is wrong for sure. Have you tried uninstall and reinstall the app? Or try using another device?
Yes, sub's volume was turned way down to near minimum. I didn't do an uninstall and reinstall. Will do it later, a good idea. Previously the app has worked OK, it has been ~5 months since my last measurements.

R

Ruato

Audiophyte
Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Same erroneous results, that is, the subwoofer level was set to -12 every time. Audyssey measurements done using AVR still worked as it should (i.e. differently from the app).

R

Ruato

Audiophyte
I have the same problem. It looks like a bug.....
Thank you for the information. I sent a message to the support email address over a month ago, no response. There was a firmware update for the AVR last week, I plan to test the app again later this week.

R

Ruato

Audiophyte
Is here anyone whose app works OK? It would be interesting to compare the configs.

Btw, my AVR is Denon X3600H.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I’ve the 4200W that did not get the Audyssey app firmware support. :mad:
My 1300 doesn't have it either. It's acting up too. If a factory reset doesn't fix it, it will get replaced. With what? No idea.

Ying

Ying

Audiophyte
Hello,
New member and reading about Audessy and room correction, but to be honest i still don, t seem to understand everything. So this is my first post, and hope some of you would take a look at my Multieq app graphs and can tell me if everything look out of the ordinary.

My receiver , Marantz sr7012
Front left center , Arendal 1961 monitors
Surround speakers Eltax monitor 3
Subwoofer, Klipsch SR-115W

The only thing i changed are the crossover settings to 100hz as advised by Arendal sounds

And bumped the subwoofer level to -1db
And disabeled midrange compensation

Everything sounds good to my ears, but maybe someone sees these graphs and see that there needs to improve something.

Thanks.
Screenshot_20230106_005901_MultEQ.jpg
Screenshot_20230106_005335_MultEQ.jpg
Screenshot_20230106_005331_MultEQ.jpg
Screenshot_20230106_005323_MultEQ.jpg
Screenshot_20230106_005307_MultEQ.jpg
Screenshot_20230106_005302_MultEQ.jpg
Screenshot_20230106_005314_MultEQ.jpg

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello,
New member and reading about Audessy and room correction, but to be honest i still don, t seem to understand everything. So this is my first post, and hope some of you would take a look at my Multieq app graphs and can tell me if everything look out of the ordinary.

My receiver , Marantz sr7012
Front left center , Arendal 1961 monitors
Surround speakers Eltax monitor 3
Subwoofer, Klipsch SR-115W

The only thing i changed are the crossover settings to 100hz as advised by Arendal sounds

And bumped the subwoofer level to -1db
And disabeled midrange compensation

Everything sounds good to my ears, but maybe someone sees these graphs and see that there needs to improve something.th

Thanks. View attachment 59403View attachment 59404View attachment 59405View attachment 59406View attachment 59407View attachment 59408View attachment 59409
Graphs look good, though they are not actual results, but predicted ones only.

If they sound good to you now, leave them alone and enjoy your system.

C

CBdicX

Audiophyte
Hi, is it adviced to lower the frequentie range to say 500hz, no matter the kind of speakers used ?
Denon says keep it at fullrange.......o_O

Why does MultEQ XT correct beyond 300 Hz?
There is a belief that room correction should only be applied to frequencies below 300 Hz because that is the frequency range in which most of the room problems occur. This belief is based on an inherent assumption that a properly designed loudspeaker will perform as desired at higher frequencies and thus require no correction. This is not at all contradictory to MultEQ XT.
If the loudspeaker is in fact properly designed then no correction will be applied to it. One simple fact that the proponents of this theory seem to overlook is that even the best designed loudspeakers will suffer from artifacts at high frequencies produced by reflections from nearby flat surfaces such as display screens, furniture or cabinets. MultEQ XT performs this kind of correction when it is needed to allow the loudspeaker to achieve the performance it was designed to have.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi, is it adviced to lower the frequentie range to say 500hz, no matter the kind of speakers used ?
Denon says keep it at fullrange.......o_O

Why does MultEQ XT correct beyond 300 Hz?
There is a belief that room correction should only be applied to frequencies below 300 Hz because that is the frequency range in which most of the room problems occur. This belief is based on an inherent assumption that a properly designed loudspeaker will perform as desired at higher frequencies and thus require no correction. This is not at all contradictory to MultEQ XT.
If the loudspeaker is in fact properly designed then no correction will be applied to it. One simple fact that the proponents of this theory seem to overlook is that even the best designed loudspeakers will suffer from artifacts at high frequencies produced by reflections from nearby flat surfaces such as display screens, furniture or cabinets. MultEQ XT performs this kind of correction when it is needed to allow the loudspeaker to achieve the performance it was designed to have.
It is not a fixed rule at all. You obviously have the app, so why not try both and decide for yourself.
Those who believe on not to apply room correction above 300 Hz is likely because they believe in Dr. Toole's explanation. To understand what he's talking about, it is best for you to read his book "Sound reproduction" yourself, or just read the following article, it probably cover 90% of what he had in the book on this topic:

Maximizing Loudspeaker Performance in Rooms (cieri.net)

Keep in mind, with advance in technology, Dr. Tooler may not say exactly the same thing he did before if he is up to date with the latest development in RC, especially Dirac Live and Trinnov, and possibly others. Most of what he covered in the book that are grounded in well understood theories will mostly still apply.

B

bearr48

Audiophyte
This may not be the proper forum for my inquiry, so apologies! A couple of days ago I decided to try running the Audyssey App again, having learned a few new things to try. Unfortunately, things aren't working properly anymore: The Audyssey microphone OR the Marantz SR7011 receiver cannot hear the test tones properly, it's gone deaf, or close to it. I tried running Audyssey direct from the receiver with similar results. Tried unplugging the receiver's power cord for an hour or so, no improvement. ?would I be better off buying a new mic, vs. doing a hard reset on the receiver? Thanks for any advice, and for redirecting me to another web site if appropriate.

Jack

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This may not be the proper forum for my inquiry, so apologies! A couple of days ago I decided to try running the Audyssey App again, having learned a few new things to try. Unfortunately, things aren't working properly anymore: The Audyssey microphone OR the Marantz SR7011 receiver cannot hear the test tones properly, it's gone deaf, or close to it. I tried running Audyssey direct from the receiver with similar results. Tried unplugging the receiver's power cord for an hour or so, no improvement. ?would I be better off buying a new mic, vs. doing a hard reset on the receiver? Thanks for any advice, and for redirecting me to another web site if appropriate.

Jack
I'd do a factory reset before trying to get a new mic.

If that doesn't work, then a new mic would be next on the list.

B

bearr48

Audiophyte
God news! I found the mic that goes with my older Marantz receiver, and, Voila, it works! I may do a reset on the SR7011 anyway, but for now the pressure's off and Audyssey is back on-line. Thanks.

R

remanus

Audiophyte
New user here and trying to work with Ratbuddyssey, but when i save a file from Ratbuddyssey and open it in the app everything works fine. But in the avr-3800h my subwoofers are removed. When i enable the subwoofers audessey is disabled.

This also happens if i dont edit in the Ratbuddyssey app, and just open a file and save as it, the original file that i open works fine when written to the avr

F

f16h71n6sp1r1t

Audiophyte
I'm totally blind and I need help making the house curve because multeq, rew, and ratbudyssey are not completely accessible. ratbudyssey Seems to be the most accessible, followed by multeq. Rew is not accessible at all. I can put in the information on ratbudyssey and load it to the Denon 6700h reciever with multeq.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis