Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw S01E03 of House of the Dragon. What an awesome episode. Absolutely love it. Definitely in the spirit of GoT.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like the new LOTR-ROP series. But it’s not really in the same league as House of the Dragon.

IMO, nothing is in the same league as GOT and House of the Dragon when it comes to fantasy series.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I like it a lot my only misgivings is sometimes it seems rushed with the the time jumps but there’s plenty of action . Excellent picture and soundtrack very well done . Don’t know what it was shot in but even the dark scenes are just so good looking don’t have Atmos but on my older Yamaha in 11.2 it’s very immersive .

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like it a lot my only misgivings is sometimes it seems rushed with the the time jumps but there’s plenty of action . Excellent picture and soundtrack very well done . Don’t know what it was shot in but even the dark scenes are just so good looking don’t have Atmos but on my older Yamaha in 11.2 it’s very immersive .
House of the Dragon was shot using the Arri Alexa 65, which is a 6.5K resolution digital camera.

Every video these days should be shot using one of these 4K-8K Digital cameras. Analog cameras should be retired for good. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It does look good, but it doesn't compare to Rings of Power in appearance. Despite that, HotD is more engaging so far. E1 was slow, but 2 and 3 were pretty solid.

They learned from the battle scene and know not to do super dark scenes now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It does look good, but it doesn't compare to Rings of Power in appearance. Despite that, HotD is more engaging so far. E1 was slow, but 2 and 3 were pretty solid.

Brighter scenes are definitely much better than dark scenes. :D

In addition, most of the GoT were probably shot using older analog cameras, which tend to suck especially for dark scenes.

Now the new House of the Dragon was shot using the much better 6.5K Arri Alexa Digital cameras, so even the dark scenes will look much better than they did with GoT.

Rings of Power was shot using the 4.5K Arri Alexa Digital cameras. But the budget was so high and it has more awesome CGI.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

I’ve yet to start rings of power it looks to be good I’ve read good things . Iam likening the looks of the new Star Wars too .

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am having trouble getting into it. Milly Alcock are very one dimensional as a character. It has it's moments, like the planned out battle scene, but I am finding it challenging to like some of the characters. I am sure it will get better. Thought it was a bit early for a time jump.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw Episode 4. Still loving it. There was one gross/sick scene that reminds me of GoT, but other than that, I am loving it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The only problem I have is that there is not a single HoD character that I like. GoT had Ned, Jon Snow, etc. All we have in House of Dragons is deception and stupid people. Still watching.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The only problem I have is that there is not a single HoD character that I like. GoT had Ned, Jon Snow, etc. All we have in House of Dragons is deception and stupid people. Still watching.
Characters is definitely a weak point on House of the Dragon, whereas GoT had a lot of good characters - probably the best I've ever seen.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Characters is definitely a weak point on House of the Dragon, whereas GoT had a lot of good characters - probably the best I've ever seen.
I like Rhaenyra. Since she's been named Princess, she's definitely starting to figure the game out. I hope they continue to build upon that. King Visery's is a solid King, he's more about peace than going full bore into war everywhere. But clearly he's not over the death of his wife and that's taking a toll on his decision making. We can also see in each episode that his wounds on his body are getting worse. Will be interesting to see how far he makes it. Will this series continue with the 9th episode being the most "shocker" episode in the season???... :D

majorloser

majorloser

So far the jury is still out in my mind. Definitely not the same caliber as GoT but hopefully will find it's on grove in coming episodes.

They need another "Hound" character. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It will take some getting used to with them swapping out 1/3 of the cast. Good episode, but too many time jumps. They're definitely setting up some bad blood and things to come. The preview for the next episode looks pretty action-y :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am officially "checked out" of this series, there is not a single character I can root for, they are all shallow wanna be bad guys lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
WAY too many time jumps. I am still interested where it is going, but I agree there is too much back and forth while they try to setup the story. Only 3 more episodes.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I am officially "checked out" of this series, there is not a single character I can root for, they are all shallow wanna be bad guys lol
I thought Sunday's episode was really good. I've enjoyed this series a lot. I'm not sure if most people know, but this first season is basically setting up what is to become what we should see going forward. As in the current cast of actors. So I can understand the time jumps. I think we got used to GoT's having so many different characters, families, areas of the map involved. And now with HoTD, it's just centered on one family dynasty. That ruled the seven kingdoms for hundreds of years. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I thought Sunday's episode was really good. I've enjoyed this series a lot. I'm not sure if most people know, but this first season is basically setting up what is to become what we should see going forward. As in the current cast of actors. So I can understand the time jumps. I think we got used to GoT's having so many different characters, families, areas of the map involved. And now with HoTD, it's just centered on one family dynasty. That ruled the seven kingdoms for hundreds of years. :D
  1. And there is not one character you root for, they are all evil!.
  2. Its supposed to be house of Dragons, we barely see the Dragons
  3. Apparently Rhaenys and Daemon Targaryen do not age...even though the rest of the cast does during the time jumps
An entire season of setting up the next season is just not a good idea if you are trying to get people invested in the series. I rank this at or below Andor on Disney, its trying to do the same thing, only it does it much worse job of it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It still delivers shock and awe, but it lacks in the story department compared to the first series. Even with time jumps, it feels like it moves slow.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis