j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got back this weekend from a week long conference. On Friday, my flight back, I started to have that scratchy throat (I was masked) and sure enough, as soon as I got home I felt tired and started having congestion. Two covid tests, one came back inconclusive and the other was negative so I don't think that's what it is, but today I started coughing up blood. Heading to urgent care because I couldn't get an appointment right away.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Got back this weekend from a week long conference. On Friday, my flight back, I started to have that scratchy throat (I was masked) and sure enough, as soon as I got home I felt tired and started having congestion. Two covid tests, one came back inconclusive and the other was negative so I don't think that's what it is, but today I started coughing up blood. Heading to urgent care because I couldn't get an appointment right away.
:eek:
get well.

...Your conference wasn't in the Congo, was it. :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
:eek:
get well.

...Your conference wasn't in the Congo, was it. :p
Just tested positive for Coivd. Conference was in LA. They prescribed Paxlovid.

I am yet another statistic. I held out all this time though :)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
damnit, that means I have to quarantine which means I get to miss Roger Waters this weekend!:eek::confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, after just one dose of Paxlovid, which is no small dose lol, I already feel significantly better. It really does work and it is also still free from the government. I am still pretty wiped out and ache all over, but no longer feel like I got run over by a truck.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You guys are newbies to COVID. I had it before it was cool. In Dec 2019. There were no test so my doctor was basically saying "you probably have it, but we don't have a way to test". So I just got to have a fever, breathing issues, and headaches for two weeks then cough constantly for 4 months. That was neat.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You guys are newbies to COVID. I had it before it was cool. In Dec 2019. There were no test so my doctor was basically saying "you probably have it, but we don't have a way to test". So I just got to have a fever, breathing issues, and headaches for two weeks then cough constantly for 4 months. That was neat.
So, Patient Zero, it was all your fault. ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Just tested positive for Coivd. Conference was in LA. They prescribed Paxlovid.

I am yet another statistic. I held out all this time though :)
Hope you're feeling better !

here is but one example of the confusion with regards to vaccines .......

so many of my liberal friends follow her closely, like Hannity, I can't stand either one ....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to the club.

I'm sure every case is different, but I was surprised at how quickly the symptoms progressed when I had it. Fortunately the fever subsided quickly.

My wife an I had started on Paxlovid but I didn't complete the full course because the sides were bothering me. I suspect it may have helped, but it's hard to say for sure.

FWIW my pace while running is still about a minute per mile slower than it was before I got COVID (with the same BPM). I'm not sure if that's a lingering effect of COVID itself, or if it's due to not running regularly for about 2-3 weeks and I'm still not completely back in shape relative to where I was before. If you don't mind posting, I'd be curious what your experience is once you do get over it.

My last piece of unsolicited advice: Try to not think about Trump in church as it may contribute to feeling nauseous!
Well, I've put in a few runs since recovery and I can't say that I've noticed much difference. I've been running my normal pace and I don't see a pattern of increased HR. The first 2-3 times it kinda felt like when you run in frosty temps - that kinda burning feeling in the air passages. I ran yesterday and it was fine.

Everyone is affected differently. I hope you're getting back to your normal conditioning.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I've put in a few runs since recovery and I can't say that I've noticed much difference. I've been running my normal pace and I don't see a pattern of increased HR. The first 2-3 times it kinda felt like when you run in frosty temps - that kinda burning feeling in the air passages. I ran yesterday and it was fine.

Everyone is affected differently. I hope you're getting back to your normal conditioning.
Interesting. Thanks for the update. Good to hear you're not experiencing significant issues.

My pace while running is still a bit slower than it was before COVID, but I'm continuing to run. I'm running a 5K for a charity next weekend but I'll run at a very modest pace.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You're such a trend-setter.....can we be like you?????? :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting. Thanks for the update. Good to hear you're not experiencing significant issues.

My pace while running is still a bit slower than it was before COVID, but I'm continuing to run. I'm running a 5K for a charity next weekend but I'll run at a very modest pace.
I did a 10K race on August 21st. All through the summer, I told my friends and family, "If any of you gives me COVID right before my race, I'm gonna be pi$$ed!". Well, I avoided it long enough to run it and get a personal best time. Three weeks later, I get COVID. Good timing.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Got my bivalent booster about a week ago. Side effects were much much milder than any of my previous covid jabs and only lasted a day.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have mixed opinions about Paxlovid. I took a 5-day course when I first became infected with Covid-19. It worked well enough to leave me symptom-free and negative for viral antigens – for 2 or 3 days. Then I tested positive again for another 7 days, or so. The symptoms were less, but I tested positive for that long after Paxlovid. No 2nd course of Paxlovid was available for me until 2 weeks after I finished the first one.

I am partially immune suppressed due to taking 2 drugs (Humira & methotrexate) that block inflammation. That's probably why I rebounded, but I can't be certain about that. If I could have taken Paxlovid longer, say for 7 or 10 days, it might have worked better. In my internist's practice, 2 other patients had similar experience as I did. All 3 of us were partially immune suppressed or immune compromised for various different reasons.

Paxlovid worked well for my wife.
Taken from Dr. Williams' book entitled "Nutrition Against Disease":
Dr. Roger J Williams, in the early 1970's was perhaps responsible for more original work in the field of vitamin research than any other living scientist. He was the first to identify, isolate and synthesize pantothenic acid, one of the important B vitamins, vitamin B5. He also did pioneer work on folic acid, and gave it its name.

He was also one of the pioneers who became interested in biochemical individuality. In his research, he used inbred animals which are supposed to have a very similar heredity. He and his coworkers observed many disparities among those supposedly uniform animals. As an example, they took advantage of the fact that female armadillos commonly give birth to a set of so-called identical quadruplets, all males or all females. These four all arise from one fertilized egg cell, an hence from identical nuclear genes.

By studying sixteen sets of these quadruplets at birth, they found that individual armadillos within the sets were not identical at all. The weights of the hearts within one set varied in some cases nearly two-fold, as did their adrenal weights. Their brains, kidneys and livers sometimes varied 50 percent or more. Biochemical measurements of hormone levels and amino acids in the brain often showed variations within a set of three-fold or more. And there were more discrepancies found and mentioned in the book.

This type of inheritance is, of course, not limited to armadillos, but must take place in all mammals. That would IMO explain why we humans don't all react equally to what we consume, whether it's food, medication or vaccine.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've had 2 boosters. This still once every 6 months?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis