Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I wasn't that off about actress age.
Saw both episodes last night. Was a slow bake until the end of 2nd episode. Nothing against the actress, more the part as written with the "precocious" child character, but I found myself rooting for the kidnappers at some points.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
LOL. I just think for someone who has some running scenes to run better, tho. I just have my usual complaints with most of the Star Wars stuff....it's just a weird cartoony universe in general. Plus I wish I could just binge the whole thing at once...
Be happy. Two episodes are out at once, like the new Bosch. It could be one a week like Outlander. The days of all episodes are out is almost history. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Be happy. Two episodes are out at once, like the new Bosch. It could be one a week like Outlander. The days of all episodes are out is almost history. :)
Some services and some series/seasons are still made available all at once tho....and when its raining/snowing/coviding out just treat it as a long movie.....when I was working I often avoided such type shows altogether as I couldn't watch much, would lose track of who did what to who and all that....but also lived in California then and weather (nor covid) was keeping me indoors for longer periods back then either :) Then again sometimes I just wait until all the episodes are available....in any case beats hell out of old network tv with commercials :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Some services and some series/seasons are still made available all at once tho....and when its raining/snowing/coviding out just treat it as a long movie.....when I was working I often avoided such type shows altogether as I couldn't watch much, would lose track of who did what to who and all that....but also lived in California then and weather (nor covid) was keeping me indoors for longer periods back then either :) Then again sometimes I just wait until all the episodes are available....in any case beats hell out of old network tv with commercials :)
Tivo takes care of network tv and their commercials ;) :D
Some shows, Outlander we both like but one show at a time and now there is a break for 2 or 3 weeks plus wifey doesn't want to wait to the end to binge.:eek:
Others I can convince her to wait as we have other programs backing up.
Bosche used to be all at once. Now, two every week. They have us over a barrel.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tivo takes care of network tv and their commercials ;) :D
Some shows, Outlander we both like but one show at a time and now there is a break for 2 or 3 weeks plus wifey doesn't want to wait to the end to binge.:eek:
Others I can convince her to wait as we have other programs backing up.
Bosche used to be all at once. Now, two every week. They have us over a barrel.
Did Tivo ever get to the point of seamlessly leaving the commercials out of it? I've used dvrs but still had to deal with the commercials from network content....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Did Tivo ever get to the point of seamlessly leaving the commercials out of it? I've used dvrs but still had to deal with the commercials from network content....
Well, not totally seamless but it can auto skip with the new ones, Edge, but it too has issues. It has or supposed to have an AC 4x4 wi-fi card but it doesn't auto connect to wi-fi if that goes off and back on, like having it off overnight when family is asleep.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure if I should even start watching this series after seeing so my negative reviews. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Not sure if I should even start watching this series after seeing so my negative reviews. :D
But some expectations may not have been met hence the bad review? :eek:
If you are subscribing, give it a shot.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
"I can feel your hate" the dark side flows with these reviews :D

I guess I am on the polar opposite of these reviews, I agree that the 1st episode was very slow and uneventful, but they have a big story to set up and given the fact that McGregor Obi-Wan movies are like 17-20 years old, they have to do a lot of exposition to explain the backstory to a much younger audience they are trying to attract.

They had to release 2 episodes, because 1 seemed incomplete. I thought the young actress did an admirable job, I liked her performance. Yes, I agree with posters that she may be a bit over the top a geared to gain a younger audience, but I thought she played her part well.

Loved the cameo's Flea from Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Nanjiani as the Jedi imposter. I also liked that they didn't make Obi-Wan OP and he has been away from the force for a long time and will need to build his skill set back up.

I will leave it as they did not come out of the gates running, but I think it will gain it's footing as the story progresses.

Having seen some of the screening for ANDOR and The Bad Batch Season 2, I anticipate some quality SW properties for 2022/23.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Andor trailer does look very good and for the Force's sake, finally isn't on the freaking Tatooine.
I hope that all new faces/places can do more than milk it, but actually introduce something new and fresh.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw the Andor trailer....looks different at least. Bet the writing still is juvenile....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Andor trailer does look very good and for the Force's sake, finally isn't on the freaking Tatooine.
I hope that all new faces/places can do more than milk it, but actually introduce something new and fresh.
Thanks. Looks great. Will have to stream it to the big screen. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Reading Wiki about Andor. It looks like 2 episodes on release day and one a week thereafter for 12 episodes total.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Reading Wiki about Andor. It looks like 2 episodes on release day and one a week thereafter for 12 episodes total.
minor correction. 12 episodes in season 1 and another 12 in season 2. After that, I guess it would be down to the show's popularity and ratings.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought episode 1 was pretty good.

Episode 2 was kind of stupid mainly because of 2 things:

1. That Leia girl is annoying as hell and stupid. Are 10 year old girls that stupid?
2. That Darth Vader wannabe girl is a joke and annoying as hell

So hopefully the rest of the season will have less of those 2 characters.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought episode 1 was pretty good.

Episode 2 was kind of stupid mainly because of 2 things:

1. That Leia girl is annoying as hell and stupid. Are 10 year old girls that stupid?
2. That Darth Vader wannabe girl is a joke and annoying as hell

So hopefully the rest of the season will have less of those 2 characters.
LOL now you're offended? :) She can't run is my major complaint....third sister is alright but will never be as accurate/effective as she should be capable of....it's a stupid script (like Lucas originals...he's a maroon)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL now you're offended? :) She can't run is my major complaint....third sister is alright but will never be as accurate/effective as she should be capable of....it's a stupid script (like Lucas originals...he's a maroon)
Not offended. Just annoyed. Could be worse, I guess. But good enough for me to continue watching. So at least it got me interested.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis