Robb elementary shooting in TX

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hope and prayers? :D
Demographics are changing. Lot of new people have moved into our state. Roe vs Wade and states like Oklahoma Nebraska Texas showing there true colors about it. Talking about all these new abortion laws they are going to put into place.

Now this this is like the 3rd incident just this month. And my states Republican response is more police at the schools? No decision to look at gun laws at all?

Most Americans Democratic or Republican, Conservative or Liberal, gun owners or not, we all see the need for something to get done about this. This will have a huge impact on Texas at the voting booth.

Enough to change things yeah I think so. People talk about how they dont want gender and identity politics in our kids classrooms. Parents are rightfully protective of what's taught to they're kids. We see how worked up parents are about these issues. Well how worked up do you think they are going to be about there babies getting blown apart at theyre school?

This is a real game changer. If Abbot and Cruz want to die on this hill of gun laws to secure Trumpicans votes that's very well what could happen. They end up dying politically. I don't think Abbot will lose yet but I very well think Cruz could.

This is the last straw for me. Roe vs Wade and now this. This is not my Republican party I grew up with. Trump killed what I used to cherish and support. I don't know this party anymore. I can't vote for them anymore not on issues like these.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Today, my anger is exhausted. The recent mass murders in Buffalo and Uvalde have left me numb. The only thing left is humor – especially if its in bad taste – my favorite.

In response to the Uvalde shootings, Texas governor Gregg Abbot had suggested arming teachers … until his staff reminded him that newly armed teachers would probably come directly after him.

Upon hearing that, Ted Cruz took off for Cancun, again. If armed & angry teachers are on the loose in Texas, Mexico is the only safe place to go.

The National Rifle Association (NRA), with exquisite timing, opened its national convention … in Houston, Texas. First on the agenda is a proposal to rename the organization. Wayne LaPierre wants today’s impatient young firebrands to see the more than 100-year old organization as keeping up with the times. Instead of NRA, it will become the NRPGA, the National Rocket Propelled Grenade Association.

In a generous offer, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy volunteered to host Texas police while they undergo live-fire training in the Donbas region.

Now, I’m out of ideas, so I went to see The Onion. https://www.theonion.com/

Today, The Onion’s first 21 articles all had the same title:

'No Way to Prevent This', Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens​

Each of those articles had the same headline with 21 different locations and dates. Finally, scrolling down far enough, some articles appear with new & different titles:
  • NRA Convention Applauds As Gunman Massacres Entire Crowd
  • The Pros And Cons Of Letting Children Die
  • Entire U.S. Police Force Flees Country After Hearing Gunman Inside Nation
  • Wayne LaPierre States Mass Shootings Can Be Perfectly Safe When Carried Out By A Trained, Responsible Gun Owner
  • Bad Time For Gregg Abbott to Reveal New Machine Gun Legs
  • Tearful Uvalde Residents Thank Police For Protecting Parking Lot From Gunman
  • Report: Uvalde Gunman Had Accomplices As Far As Washington, DC

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Demographics are changing. Lot of new people have moved into our state. Roe vs Wade and states like Oklahoma Nebraska Texas showing there true colors about it. Talking about all these new abortion laws they are going to put into place.

Now this this is like the 3rd incident just this month. And my states Republican response is more police at the schools? No decision to look at gun laws at all?

Most Americans Democratic or Republican, Conservative or Liberal, gun owners or not, we all see the need for something to get done about this. This will have a huge impact on Texas at the voting booth.

Enough to change things yeah I think so. People talk about how they dont want gender and identity politics in our kids classrooms. Parents are rightfully protective of what's taught to they're kids. We see how worked up parents are about these issues. Well how worked up do you think they are going to be about there babies getting blown apart at theyre school?

This is a real game changer. If Abbot and Cruz want to die on this hill of gun laws to secure Trumpicans votes that's very well what could happen. They end up dying politically. I don't think Abbot will lose yet but I very well think Cruz could.

This is the last straw for me. Roe vs Wade and now this. This is not my Republican party I grew up with. Trump killed what I used to cherish and support. I don't know this party anymore. I can't vote for them anymore not on issues like these.
Well, the answer is more thoughts and prayers. ;) :eek:

That very high % of folks want gun reform/background check must include a boatload of Republicans. Yet, we see who is elected each 2 year cycle. This didn't come about
day before yesterday.
Let's hope action will be reality this time around as election cycle is here.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And, what does this killer's mother had to say today? "Don't judge my son, he must have had a reason" or something close.

I see from mother why this happened, must have had a great upbringing.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

'j', you couldn't be more wrong. I have loaded and hunted with the .223 for 30 years and killed many a 'whistle pig' at over 300 yards. Now granted it is 'game dependent'. Beyond that my .243 Ackley rules supreme.
Did you really take a tape out there to measure?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
After an afternoon nap, I found new reserves of anger. These aren’t jokes – they’re real. To quote Dave Barry, "I swear, you can’t make this stuff up."

From the Washington Post (excerpts from a longer article):
Maker of Rifle in Texas Massacre is Deep-Pocketed GOP Donor
The owners of Daniel Defense, the manufacturer of the rifle apparently used in the massacre of 21 people at an elementary school in Uvalde, Tex., are deep-pocketed Republican donors, giving to candidates and committees at the federal and state level aligned against limits on access to assault rifles and other semiautomatic weapons.

The owners of the Georgia-based company have donated more than $70,000 directly to GOP candidates for federal office this election cycle, according to a review of filings with the Federal Election Commission. Daniel Defense itself gave $100,000 last year to a PAC backing incumbent Republican senators.
Daniel Defense manufactured about 52,000 firearms in 2020, compared to about 32,000 in 2019, according to data compiled by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Recent recipients of spending by Marvin C. Daniel and his wife Cindy D. Daniel also include Republican Sens. Joni Ernst (Iowa), Tim Scott (S.C.) and John Neely Kennedy (La.), as well as Eric Schmitt, the attorney general of Missouri and Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in that state.

The arms maker, based in Black Creek, Ga., near the South Carolina state line, with a second facility across the border in Ridgeland, S.C., put $100,000 into a super PAC that backed the Republican incumbents in last year’s Georgia runoff elections. And the Daniels have put $20,000 this cycle into the National Shooting Sports Foundation PAC, whose largest beneficiaries are Reps. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Steve Scalise (R-La.), the No. 1 and No. 2 House Republicans.
From CNN Business
The maker of a gun used in the Texas shooting pulls out of the NRA convention
The manufacturer of a firearm used in the Robb Elementary School shooting said it will not attend the National Rifle Association convention Friday.

"Daniel Defense is not attending the NRA meeting due to the horrifying tragedy in Uvalde, Texas, where one of our products was criminally misused," said Steve Reed, vice president of marketing for Daniel Defense, in a statement. "We believe this week is not the appropriate time to be promoting our products in Texas at the NRA meeting."
That last sentence puts them into the lead for the Understatement of the Week Award.

And one more from the Washington Post:
Police slow to engage with gunman because ‘they could’ve been shot,’ official says
Police were reluctant to immediately engage with the gunman who spent an hour inside the elementary school in Uvalde, Tex., where he killed 19 children and two adults because “they could’ve been shot,” a lieutenant with the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a CNN interview.
That speaks for itself. No further excerpts needed.

One has to wonder if the police prefer shooting at unarmed suspects.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

And, what does this killer's mother had to say today? "Don't judge my son, he must have had a reason" or something close.

Too bad she wasn't there at the beginning. What a POS.

highfigh

highfigh

Wondering where father was. If abused, why take it out on school kids?
The kids bullied him for having a stutter and lisp.

AFAIK, all schools have access to a speech pathologist- why did his mom NOT try to get help for her little dear? I mean, aside from the fact that she was a drugged out piece of crap.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The kids bullied him for having a stutter and lisp.

AFAIK, all schools have access to a speech pathologist- why did his mom NOT try to get help for her little dear? I mean, aside from the fact that she was a drugged out piece of crap.
That grade school now or when he was in that grade a long time ago? :eek:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

After an afternoon nap, I found new reserves of anger. These aren’t jokes – they’re real. To quote Dave Barry: I swear, you can’t make this stuff up.

From the Washington Post (excerpts from a longer article):
Maker of Rifle in Texas Massacre is Deep-Pocketed GOP Donor

From CNN Business
The maker of a gun used in the Texas shooting pulls out of the NRA convention
That last sentence puts them into the lead for the Understatement of the Week Award.

And one more from the Washington Post:
Police slow to engage with gunman because ‘they could’ve been shot,’ official says
That speaks for itself. No further excerpts needed.

One has to wonder if the police prefer shooting at unarmed suspects.
Money talks. My dollar is silenced.

I blame the courts. And others

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

She's probably taking drugs like he used to!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Have you noticed that a lot of good people get assassinated. Relatives and close friends report them as being friendly and always ready to help others.

Is the percentage of good people on this planet reducing? It damn looks like it! Our planet is really sick! I was born at the right time and I believe that, unfortunately worse times will come but I will be gone then.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think USA is going to regularly have mass shootings unless Republican voters decide to make this a priority issue. There is support among a majority of Republican voters for some gun control after all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis