Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Sometimes @M Code knows the likely overall plans of these companies. Or has an educated guess. If you search his posts I think he said no more annual releases of AVRs from Yamaha or Denon. Think possibly every 3 years? Can’t remember.
BAH!
That would be fine if they were working! :mad:
:p

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I still think the HDMI 2.1 delay is due to HDMI org not releasing a test specification. Yamaha has said they don't release until they are certified. They've already demonstrated the features working.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I still think the HDMI 2.1 delay is due to HDMI org not releasing a test specification. Yamaha has said they don't release until they are certified. They've already demonstrated the features working.
HDMI org, has been the main issue. But than again, 2.1 only effects gamers. If I needed 2.1 I wouldn't run the video source through my AVR anyways. I'd run it straight to my tv, and audio only to my AVR. I really don't want my AVR to have anything to do with my video source.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It’s not just about 2.1.
It’s about moving forward!
Never hustle backwards. That is G 101.
The MoFos don't seem to get it. :p
You must have money burning a hole in your pocket. :D

So as soon as somebody has everything working perfectly (HDMI 2.1, etc.), you're going to buy a new AVP?

Remind us why (since you have the SR6012)? :D

Because you have owned AVR all your life. No more AVR for your main system. Now you just want a high-end AVP that has everything working without any glitches? :D

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Yes, HDMI Org is heavily delayed with certification process. Yamaha decided to wait for it, which is good. Other companies did not wait. This can go both ways, such as problems with Denon chips and no problems on Onkyo.
But than again, 2.1 only effects gamers. If I needed 2.1 I wouldn't run the video source through my AVR anyways. I'd run it straight to my tv, and audio only to my AVR. I really don't want my AVR to have anything to do with my video source.
Not for gamers only. I mentioned the other day that PC desktop image of 4K/60 10-bit RGB needs 20 Gbps, which is already beyond old 2.0b bandwidth limit of 18 Gbps. Anyone who wants a high quality PC desktop image on 4K TV needs HDMI 2.1, not just gamers.

Many people do not have eARC function on TV or AVR, so direct connection to TV will lose them lossless audio. AVR is designed to pass through video, and properly. That's why it has 6 or 7 input ports. If you say you do not want your AVR to have anything to do with video source, it would mean they could equally get rid off entire HDMI board all together, which is not going to happen.

AVR companies simply need to test the gear properly before release and iron out major bugs before the release, so that people can buy fully functional products. It cannot be more simple than that. The fact thay several vendors do not want to do that is another problem for customers to deal with.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, HDMI Org is heavily delayed with certification process. Yamaha decided to wait for it, which is good. Other companies did not wait. This can go both ways, such as problems with Denon chips and no problems on Onkyo.

Not for gamers only. I mentioned the other day that PC desktop image of 4K/60 10-bit RGB needs 20 Gbps, which is already beyond old 2.0b bandwidth limit of 18 Gbps. Anyone who wants a high quality PC desktop image on 4K TV needs HDMI 2.1, not just gamers.

Many people do not have eARC function on TV or AVR, so direct connection to TV will lose them lossless audio. AVR is designed to pass through video, and properly. That's why it has 6 or 7 input ports. If you say you do not want your AVR to have anything to do with video source, it would mean they could equally get rid off entire HDMI board all together, which is not going to happen.

AVR companies simply need to test the gear properly before release and iron out major bugs before the release, so that people can buy fully functional products. It cannot be more simple than that. The fact thay several vendors do not want to do that is another problem for customers to deal with.
I used (gamers) as one example. @OldAndSlowDev he is a PC gamer. This HDMI thing has been out for year's. It's been plagued with issues since it's inception.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

So as soon as somebody has everything working perfectly (HDMI 2.1, etc.), you're going to buy a new AVP?

Because you have owned AVR all your life. No more AVR for your main system. Now you just want a high-end AVP that has everything working without any glitches? :D
It depends on what the product is. I would like to try Dirac, and I would like to have the ability to expand to 13.4 discrete channels.
I do not have money burning a hole in my pocket, but I do know what I want to attempt achieving.
I also will have almost all my channels covered by Amps and am interested in running balanced connections to my Hypex Amps (you can do rca-xlr, but they are designed to perform off XLRs per Hypex themselves.)

When the time is right, I will see what is available and hope for something that aligns with my goals. If nothing, I will readjust. :)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It depends on what the product is. I would like to try Dirac, and I would like to have the ability to expand to 13.4 discrete channels.
I do not have money burning a hole in my pocket, but I do know what I want to attempt achieving.
I also will have almost all my channels covered by Amps and am interested in running balanced connections to my Hypex Amps (you can do rca-xlr, but they are designed to perform off XLRs per Hypex themselves.)

When the time is right, I will see what is available and hope for something that aligns with my goals. If nothing, I will readjust. :)
@ryanosaur You big money grip! Most of us are, Small change Leroy's.;):)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Andrew,You think @ryanosaur saxophone is made by Yamaha. Whether it is or not bet it cost more than his audio system or close to it those things can be very pricey.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@ryanosaur You big money grip! Most of us are, Small change Leroy's.;):)
I cannot afford it, Mike. Telling you. I can only afford the Yamaha CX-A5100. :D

My wife is trying to buy the 4th house (rental property) in Costa Mesa, California, but I am secretly hoping the loan doesn't get approved since I don't like having a mortgage. I just want to enjoy my HT system and have peace and quiet, not a damn mortgage. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I cannot afford it, Mike. Telling you. I can only afford the Yamaha CX-A5100. :D

My wife is trying to buy the 4th house (rental property) in Costa Mesa, California, but I am secretly hoping the loan doesn't get approved since I don't like having a mortgage. I just want to enjoy my HT system and have peace and quiet, not a damn mortgage. :D
When are we gonna see a 5300? Or an 8807, perhaps? :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When are we gonna see a 5300? Or an 8807, perhaps? :)
Safe to say the CX-A5300 isn't coming out until every HDMI 2.1-related bug has been squashed. :D

Lucky for many of us who already have our AVP or AVR, we can wait a few years - just ENJOYING our systems every day without a care in the world. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Safe to say the CX-A5300 isn't coming out until every HDMI 2.1-related bug has been squashed. :D

Lucky for many of us who already have our AVP or AVR, we can wait a few years - just ENJOYING our systems every day without a care in the world. :D
I have been stoked, thus far, with my 6012. Zero complaints. There are associated aspects that trigger some WTF moments, like my Marantz App going into Pure Mode. I get I may have done that by accident, but then why can't I get it out of Pure Mode?! :mad: When I'm listening to something with Gobs of infrasonic content.

I was really planning on the HTP-1, but that hound ain't hunting right now. The only reason I would even consider the JBL or Anthem units is if I can find a good discount, AND I knew they were working. Oh... AND, I found TWO sacks of cash on the roadside.
;)

I've fully considered the 8805, and would be interested if they pushed their fix just a little further. If I recall correctly, there is a way to run 15.2 from it, but two channels are just copied somehow(?). If they decided to make this an AVM-90 killer and allow for assignable Sub channels up to 13.4, I'd be knockin on your inbox in a hot minute. :)
If Yamaha gets things worked out and puts out an intriguing processor... it may be the same. ;)

In the grand scheme, I think the dice have been cast, and there is a lot of interest in flexible processors. The HTP-1 showed you can do it without having to break the bank. These are just computers, after all, with some specialized equipment thrown in to make it all work.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have been stoked, thus far, with my 6012. Zero complaints. There are associated aspects that trigger some WTF moments, like my Marantz App going into Pure Mode. I get I may have done that by accident, but then why can't I get it out of Pure Mode?! :mad: When I'm listening to something with Gobs of infrasonic content.

I was really planning on the HTP-1, but that hound ain't hunting right now. The only reason I would even consider the JBL or Anthem units is if I can find a good discount, AND I knew they were working. Oh... AND, I found TWO sacks of cash on the roadside.
;)

I've fully considered the 8805, and would be interested if they pushed their fix just a little further. If I recall correctly, there is a way to run 15.2 from it, but two channels are just copied somehow(?). If they decided to make this an AVM-90 killer and allow for assignable Sub channels up to 13.4, I'd be knockin on your inbox in a hot minute. :)
If Yamaha gets things worked out and puts out an intriguing processor... it may be the same. ;)

In the grand scheme, I think the dice have been cast, and there is a lot of interest in flexible processors. The HTP-1 showed you can do it without having to break the bank. These are just computers, after all, with some specialized equipment thrown in to make it all work.
The WAITING is the hardest part.

But it will get here. The next generation of AVP's will likely have what you want. Even be made in USA, Japan or Malaysia. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis