What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Arrived today! And a day early too! Refurb from Accessories 4 Less. Yamaha CD-C600 5 disc player.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 5.35.21 PM.png

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
SCORE! Got tix for SF show. Have seen them 3 or 4 times before, always a great show.
Excellent! Meridian Hall in Toronto is a fabulous venue. Some of the best acoustics in the city and not too big of a venue. Site says "On Sale Soon" so I'll have to check back daily to see when they go on sale. I'll probably grab a couple of tickets if they're not too costly and find someone to tag along.

EDIT: Same crazy prices as what you experienced. Hope there's something decent left after the pre-sale. $450 for the front section, $300 for the middle of the floor or front balcony, $115 for back row. Looks like I'll be going solo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent! Meridian Hall in Toronto is a fabulous venue. Some of the best acoustics in the city and not too big of a venue. Site says "On Sale Soon" so I'll have to check back daily to see when they go on sale. I'll probably grab a couple of tickets if they're not too costly and find someone to tag along.

EDIT: Same crazy prices as what you experienced. Hope there's something decent left after the pre-sale. $450 for the front section, $300 for the middle of the floor or front balcony, $115 for back row. Looks like I'll be going solo. :rolleyes:
The presale prices were insane, but the standard tix were not as bad. As mentioned, the good seats were gone or too pricey. Still much higher than pre-covid, but not where I wouldn't buy. $150/ea. for the general public sale. I got upper deck, but front row, so they're good seats. I am just happy to possibly be able to go to a live show lol. Have only been to one in ~3 years.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
In the last couple of months I purchased...
Panasonic ub820
Zappiti Reference
Marantz AV8805A
10 Celestion 15" woofers

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Full Audioholic
I wish Yamaha would get back into making bluray and 4K players.
I am one of the few who still has a Denon DVD 3910 that still works. Over 10 years with the original laser. Got a new one in a couple years ago. Bought it for $330.00 in about 2008. Still sounds good to me.

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
I bought a used yamaha rxv 2085! And paid nzd $1860.
Just waiting for delivery now. It turned up at the local depot on Friday morning and damn courier hasn't delivered it yet! I'm hoping Monday morning!

Should be a good upgrade for 4 atmos overhead speakers!

Will be good for my future home theater room!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wish Yamaha would get back into making bluray and 4K players.
Doesn't make sense since Yamaha does make turntables (using their MusicCast wireless system). and CD players!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Pulled the trigger on these two. Very nice looking amps. I'm impressed with them seeing them in person.

20220312_132546.jpg

Just need some XLR cables to hook them up, then I'll see what they're capable of.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The presale prices were insane, but the standard tix were not as bad. As mentioned, the good seats were gone or too pricey. Still much higher than pre-covid, but not where I wouldn't buy. $150/ea. for the general public sale. I got upper deck, but front row, so they're good seats. I am just happy to possibly be able to go to a live show lol. Have only been to one in ~3 years.
Met a friend on the weekend who asked if I wanted to see Roger Waters in July for C$175. Supposed to be a big production with two huge screens and he knows where to get the proper seating (and it's not on the floor for this show).

I can get Mezzanine (front balcony) 3 or 4 rows back for Porcupine Tree for C$115 but it's on the far left or right side. Front balcony and centre floor is still C$350. ;_;

Found out that Heilung is playing at the Meridian as well Sep.1. Wish my daughter was in town for that one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Met a friend on the weekend who asked if I wanted to see Roger Waters in July for C$175. Supposed to be a big production with two huge screens and he knows where to get the proper seating (and it's not on the floor for this show).

I can get Mezzanine (front balcony) 3 or 4 rows back for Porcupine Tree for C$115 but it's on the far left or right side. Front balcony and centre floor is still C$350. ;_;

Found out that Heilung is playing at the Meridian as well Sep.1. Wish my daughter was in town for that one.
Got my Roger Waters tix almost 2 years ago and it has been postponed until Sept this year. Looking forward to that.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

I bet Heilung is a blast live.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I bet Heilung is a blast live.
I assume you have seen some of their YoutTube videos? Unique band and their singer has an amazing voice. A smaller venue like the Meridian in Toronto would be a great place to see them. It's the only Canadian date. I did not see the posting until well after the tickets went on sale and everything in the front half of the hall is already gone. Actually there is one lone 4th row orchestra seat left for C$226.... so tempted.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I've lost my mind lol. Found this on Canuck Audio Mart and couldn't pass it up:

Screenshot_20220315-113950_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now I have all the amplification I'll need (and more) to power my 13.3 channel surround sound system (Outlaw 5000 for the 4 Atmos speakers, Outlaw 7000X for the 6 KEF Q150 surround speakers, and Crown XTI 2002 ×2 to power the LCR speakers).

And that's it for a while. Now I need to get into the HT room and do some renovations to get everything up and running.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I've lost my mind lol. Found this on Canuck Audio Mart and couldn't pass it up:

View attachment 54573

Now I have all the amplification I'll need (and more) to power my 13.3 channel surround sound system (Outlaw 5000 for the 4 Atmos speakers, Outlaw 7000X for the 6 KEF Q150 surround speakers, and Crown XTI 2002 ×2 to power the LCR speakers).

And that's it for a while. Now I need to get into the HT room and do some renovations to get everything up and running.
I thought you just bought amps? :D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
@Eppie I did lol. 2 Crown XTI 2002s. I saw this and thought "in for pennie, in for a pound". My wife is going to have an aneurysm :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis