Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Hopefully get to watch the Hawkeye finale in the next day or so.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I finally got to watch Eternals on Disney + last night. I'm trying to figure out what all the bad press about this movie was about? My son, his friend and I throughly enjoyed it. It was fun. It was funny. It had good action. The plot was good, if not great. The acting was decent. My only complaint, was the CGI of the Deviants wasn't amazing. Otherwise, it was a solid movie. 6.5~7/10 IMO.

I can't wait for Dr. Strange and The Multiverse of Madness.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Will try to check it out this weekend. Is the IMAX ratio used throughout the entire run or is it mixed?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Will try to check it out this weekend. Is the IMAX ratio used throughout the entire run or is it mixed?
Nope, watching it now while slouching in my couch.

Now that I’ve watched the movie I did not find it that engaging.

Last edited:
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Nope, watching it now while slouching in my couch.

Now that I’ve watched the movie I did not find it that engaging.
That's too bad. It hooked me right away when 'Time' by Pink Floyd started playing. They're my 2nd (or 3rd) favorite band of all time.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Love Time. Those alarm clocks will absolutely jar you on a good system. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
So I have watched the entire Defenders and half of Daredevil on Netflix. Pretty good stuff.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
After watching “Scream” movies all week and going to see the new one in theaters this morning, which was fun and on brand, I watched “Eternals” tonight. I haven’t been that disappointed and pissed off since “Batman vs Superman” and “Justice League.”

It failed in just about every way. It was poorly written, acted and directed. It also had the worst lighting of any comic book movie I’ve ever seen. Save for Angelina Jolie, who was completely wasted in her role, there isn’t a genuine movie star in this f#%ker and it may as well have been a mini series on ABC. I mean, isn’t that the Disney owned network where mediocre shows go to die?

Perhaps Marvel didn’t want to invest the time and money building it up like they did the Avengers over a decade. It was a huge mistake. This one just sucks and I’ll probably never sit through it again. I wasn’t wrong to be concerned after the initial trailer. They tried to pump it up later, but you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. It’s time to butcher this pricey hog. Next!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
After watching “Scream” movies all week and going to see the new one in theaters this morning, which was fun and on brand, I watched “Eternals” tonight. I haven’t been that disappointed and pissed off since “Batman vs Superman” and “Justice League.”

It failed in just about every way. It was poorly written, acted and directed. It also had the worst lighting of any comic book movie I’ve ever seen. Save for Angelina Jolie, who was completely wasted in her role, there isn’t a genuine movie star in this f#%ker and it may as well have been a mini series on ABC. I mean, isn’t that the Disney owned network where mediocre shows go to die?

Perhaps Marvel didn’t want to invest the time and money building it up like they did the Avengers over a decade. It was a huge mistake. This one just sucks and I’ll probably never sit through it again. I wasn’t wrong to be concerned after the initial trailer. They tried to pump it up later, but you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. It’s time to butcher this pricey hog. Next!
Thanks for the review. I don't think I'll be in any hurry to watch the eternals. I still have to finish the Netflix Marvel shows.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Really liked it and have watched it several times. I prefer the IMAX aspect ratio that is, I believe, only available for viewing on Disney+. Spend $8 and watch Marvel movies and shows for a month on Disney+.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Really liked it and have watched it several times. I prefer the IMAX aspect ratio that is, I believe, only available for viewing on Disney+. Spend $8 and watch Marvel movies and shows for a month on Disney+.
Thanks, I think that I will watch one way or another. :)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Bit of a lull here between movies and shows now. Dr. Strange and The Multiverse of Madness in May is the next up. That seems a long way off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis