Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Also, for those that haven't seen it yet or those that want to have a second (or more) viewing, Dr. Strange Into The Multiverse of Madness hits Disney + next Wednesday the 22nd.

I'll give it another whirl, but again tempered expectations.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh boy. Not good. I totally forgot that was even coming out. I may try watching the first episode tonight when I get home from work. I don't have high hopes for it...........
Well, if you are into cheesy Nickelodeon kid shows, this will be right up your alley. :D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Well, if you are into cheesy Nickelodeon kid shows, this will be right up your alley. :D
I watched it last night. It wasn't terrible IMO. I thought the acting was decent, and I liked the story. It certainly wasn't amazing, but I'd give it a 6/10. Which seems to be the general consensus from what I've read. I'll keep watching it just to see what (if any) implications it has in the bigger Marvel Universe.

Watching it on the 110" screen with surround sound certainly didn't hurt the experience either.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I hope “She-Hulk“ isn’t as stupid as “Ms, Marvel”, but it may be, :D

I watched the 1st episode of “Ms. Marvel” and felt like I was watching one of those stupid Nickelodeon shows I had to watch when my daughters were 9-10 years old.
You watched that much? I stopped long before the first episode ended.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I watched it last night. It wasn't terrible IMO. I thought the acting was decent, and I liked the story. It certainly wasn't amazing, but I'd give it a 6/10. Which seems to be the general consensus from what I've read. I'll keep watching it just to see what (if any) implications it has in the bigger Marvel Universe.

Watching it on the 110" screen with surround sound certainly didn't hurt the experience either.
So, which one did you watch last night?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks, saw that. Growing pains? ;)
When is the rest coming?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You watched that much? I stopped long before the first episode ended.
I almost turned it off after 15 minutes. But since it's MCU, I thought I would finish the entire episode. It was so bad. :D

But there is no way I am continuing this series. I can't believe it's now part of MCU.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

It depends on your tolerance level. I can't stand kids shows. Clearly this series is targeted at kids. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” is presented in the IMAX Enhanced 1.90:1 aspect ratio for its entirety. Whatever concerns one may have about the movie itself, there is no reason for concern regarding the Disney+ IMAX Enhanced presentation. It looks f#%kin’ amazing! Really wish these versions were put on disc.:confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” is presented in the IMAX Enhanced 1.90:1 aspect ratio for its entirety. Whatever concerns one may have about the movie itself, there is no reason for concern regarding the Disney+ IMAX Enhanced presentation. It looks f#%kin’ amazing! Really wish these versions were put on disc.:confused:
Yeah, but the question is, will Disney make it 1.9:1 on the blu-ray?

I think the streaming version on Disney+ is matted at 2.39:1.

Maybe it'll be like "Justice League" where the theatrical version will be 2.39:1 and the Director's Cut will be IMAX.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t believe the IMAX Enhanced version is available on disc as is the case with their other IMAX Enhanced movies. One can choose to watch either the original theatrical release widescreen version or the IMAX Enhanced version on Disney+ and, again, the IMAX Enhanced aspect ratio is used throughout the entire IMAX Enhanced presentation rather than in just select sequences as in some other Marvel movie presentations.
5352F658-FB6B-43F0-8892-ABCA791B4C28.jpeg

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
It literally says:

"expanded aspect ratio during select sequences"

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, what can I tell you? They selected the whole f#%kin’ thing for enhancement. You know, like “Infinity War”, “End Game”, and “Shang Chi.” Just watched it again tonight. Looks great and still fun. Now, on to “Thor: Love and Thunder.”

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think it refers to formatted for IMAX, not necessarily SHOT in IMAX, so they can release it in true IMAX theaters. Limited scenes were likely actually shot in IMAX and will take full advantage, while the rest will just be "fit" to the format. Jaws and ET for sure weren't done in IMAX and they are both being limited re-released this year specifically on IMAX.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
For sure, most things presented in IMAX weren't shot in IMAX. The IMAX Enhanced Marvel movies are a mixed bag with most changing the aspect ratio throughout the film from an expanded "IMAX" ratio to a "widescreen" ratio the way their 3D titles did on disc. But, some of them are presented entirely in an expanded "IMAX Enhanced" ratio and were supposedly shot with IMAX certified cameras. One can choose to watch the "widescreen" version with no ratio changes at all or watch the "IMAX Enhanced" version which may be presented partially or entirely in the expanded aspect ratio depending on the title. I welcome the practice. "Widescreen" presentation came along many years ago to combat TV watching and keep people in theaters. Most aren't concerned with aspect ratio these days and TVs have become much bigger and wider in size. I want to use as much of my TV's real estate as I can when viewing content and anything closer to the 16:9 ratio is welcome. Some new theater screens have fixed screen size presentation and I've seen movies letterboxed at the theater. The ol' days of pan and scan are mostly behind us but some cropping of material goes on now in some streaming services for 16:9 presentation. If filmmakers want TV makers to get on board with Filmmaker mode, they can meet in the middle with an aspect ratio that makes use of more of the TV screen. I love the perfectly black bars of my LG C1 but I love the s#%t going on between the bars even more and would like to see more of it.

Last edited:
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
New She Hulk trailer looks awesome IMO

I was not excited for this before, but I am now. Make sure you watch the trailer right to the end.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Second trailer looks much better but CGI still looking a little rough. Might be polished up for actual show. Wakanda Forever trailer a disappointment. Don’t care for the way they went with Namor. Dare I say who is showing up in She Hulk?;)

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
When Stan Lee died he took the brand with him. The stuff released since he left us is just empty and devoid of Stan "the man's" brand. It is Disney now 100% and if you like Disney go for it. RIP Stan.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Stan Lee wasn't really involved in anything Marvel movie related, except his cameos in the movies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis