Incongruous media coverage of Rittenhouse vs actual testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Ok. The lifeguard was there, they just weren't jumping into the water to save a drowning person. That's even more effed up.
Yup- Look at what's happening in Portland, Seattle, Oakland, San Francisco and other places- it's past being out of control. An armed security guard was shot dead in Oakland, where he was working to protect a news crew. In Portland, people are asking the city to do something about the homeless encampments and SF has similar problems.

It's not working.

highfigh

highfigh

That's where we need to look at statutes and remove the ambiguity. It's a problem for sure.
I have heard the saying "The law favors specificity". Well, what else would a lawyer say?

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Any weapons charges were dropped before they went in for deliberation, so it is moot.

Would you go into something like that as a 17 year old? He wasn't "stuck out there"! He went there intentionally, with some warped idea that he was needed.

What part of "I know they're rioting, looting, burning & being violent and I want to go there" sounds like a good idea?

Rosenberg had already attempted suicide- he may have approached because he still wanted to die, but we won't know that, for sure. Huber had a skateboard and apparently never heard the saying "Don't take a knife to a gunfight". WTF did he expect to accomplish with that?

The store owner and Rittenhouse situations aren't similar, in any way. The 70 year old man had something to protect, Rittenhouse only thought he should be there to protect- big difference. A 17 year old couldn't be hired to act as an armed guard.
Good for him. If more people would protect businesses from this burn, loot, murder bs we would be much better off. Of course where I live people showed up to prevent this from happening.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Let them come to us. If that happens, game on and it will just be part of the 'Being a criminal' experience.

'69 was Summer of Love- '68 was Summer of Crap.

I listen to the scanner regardless of going to work- this city has so much going on (and has for years) that it's now just part of 'situational awareness'.

Since you're in TX, what the hell is going on in Houston? Jeez! It's like a war zone!

I'm not telling anyone that they shouldn't or can't arm themselves- my whole point is:

He was a minor and took a rifle to a 'protest' illegally and he didn't need to be there. Regardless of the character of those he shot, it didn't need to happen and if people want a civilized society, they sometimes need to make the first move by not being violent and stupid but sometimes (most, really), they need to be told to stop those acts and yes, I realize that's like telling a fire not to burn- it's not working.

BTW- I checked this morning and WI no longer has a requirement to retreat. I was surprised to see that Illinois is now a 'Shall Issue' state but they don't recognize the permits of any state that I checked (basically gave up after about 20). They are a Castle Doctrine state an also don't require retreat. Illinois isn't the problem- Chicago is the problem.

Be safe.
To answer your question about Houston on the local level just like Austin it's run by Democrats. No offense to all you level headed Democrats out there but just like Austin there trying all these boneheaded radical reforms that just don't work

The biggest problem in Houston is bail reform. Too many violent offenders with multiple priors and multiple violations on there condition of release getting bonded out dirt cheap or not getting there bonds revoked for violations. Or getting bond set way too low when they have a prior history of violence and noncompliance after committing an offense

Which leads to suprise! You guessed it! Way to many violent offenders out on the streets and people getting shot to hell the day after Thanksgiving

Austin and Houston are turning into sh$t holes. I've never had a problem with Dems really until the last 2 years. I voted for Obama and Clinton and I'm about as conservative as you get. Better candidates better policies at the time. But this clear inability to enforce law and order and just ridiculous theory that everything every problem is caused by racism spin has just completely turned me off to them right now.

Bill Maher said it best on a show this year the democrats are getting the reputation of being the party of no common sense.

I'm waiting for them to hopefully come to there senses and get there head out of there a$$ with the shellacking there going to get in 2022 due to some of these crazy policies they're doing right now.

But I'm afraid they just might double down on it even harder man

Which only leaves me Trump? Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Which only leaves me Trump? Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place
Depends on how much you value democracy.

Personally I would never vote for a party that is not firmly committed to democracy.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Depends on how much you value democracy.

Personally I would never vote for a party that is not firmly committed to democracy.
Normally Id agree with you but if the supposed party that supports democracy can't even get the basics right? Like proper public safety with proper law and order? Count me out.

Not going to matter if the so called righteous party runs everything straight into the ground.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Normally Id agree with you but if the supposed party that supports democracy can't even get the basics right? Like proper public safety with proper law and order? Count me out.

Not going to matter if the so called righteous party runs everything straight into the ground.
Because you disagree with Democrats on some (all?) policies you are willing to vote on a party that is not firmly committed to democracy and is turning authoritarian at full speed?

You're not alone in that thinking, sadly, and for how that can turn out look at Hungary and Poland is not far behind.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Because you disagree with Democrats on some (all?) policies you are willing to vote on a party that is not firmly committed to democracy and is turning authoritarian at full speed?

You're not alone in that thinking, sadly, and for how that can turn out look at Hungary and Poland is not far behind.
It's not my fault that in America some democrats especially in office have just gone off the deep end when it comes to common sense.

If they can't even get the basics right nobody is going to vote for them.

This could have been a slam dunk for them in less than 10 months they have managed to totally cluster f@#ck things up to where they are going to get crushed in 2022.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's not my fault that in America some democrats especially in office have just gone off the deep end when it comes to common sense.

This could have been a slam dunk for them in less than 10 months they have managed to totally cluster f@#ck things up to where they are going to get crushed in 2022.
You're rationalizing your decision for supporting authoritarianism in the guise of supporting "basic rights" like "law and order" that is a typical strongman excuse for dismantling democracy. Again, have a look at what has happened in Hungary and Poland.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And we can ask why, for one, I say they have been in office too darn long. Term limits need to be instituted. They lost their common sense counting their money. They stopped working for the people that elected them right after they got elected. They now go with the flow.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

as for the 'total cluster' I don't buy into that but for sure Brandon and his imigration misfits did make a bad situation worse. But then again I suspect they're 'counting votes' ...........

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I do have to point out that the cause of this thread occurred under Trump, who has nothing at all to do with local law enforcement as president.

We could have had an empty chair that got elected as an independent for president, and that situation would have still occurred. The chair would have as much to do with it as any other president. Nothing.

The Mayor of that town 100% should have the finger pointed at them, same with the county judge. If your law enforcement (police, sheriff) see crimes occurring and DO NOTHING, then it isn't on regular citizens to pick up the slack resulting in situations like this one.

Voting for Trump isn't going to fix this problem, nor will not voting for him. Cities/counties/states getting it together and actually doing their job as government would be a good start.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Technically it occurred under Obama in the 2010-2012 time frame if you look at key-word hits the media started ramping up usage of...
True, that's really when the "movement" started. The specific incident that prompted this is what I was referring to, but you are correct.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
IMO this is all the result of social experimentation with zero cognitive thought put into it.
That sums up our society as a whole really. There are so many odd issues that should have never been a problem that are now major problems. It will take us as a nation to fix, not electing a specific party to government.

highfigh

highfigh

[/QUOTE]
The Mayor of that town 100% should have the finger pointed at them, same with the county judge. If your law enforcement (police, sheriff) see crimes occurring and DO NOTHING, then it isn't on regular citizens to pick up the slack resulting in situations like this one.

Voting for Trump isn't going to fix this problem, nor will not voting for him. Cities/counties/states getting it together and actually doing their job as government would be a good start.
[/QUOTE]

I have seen comments like "If you don't like the people in your government, vote them out of office". THAT'S what is needed, but the ones who are rioting, committing crimes, majority of High School dropouts and others who have no interest in anything outside of their sphere don't give a crap about who's in office or what it would take to remove them. Criminals certainly don't want anything to change, especially in places where the Police have been or will be defunded, 'No Bail policies have been adopted and illegal guns are available.

In order for 'government to do their job', people need to agree on what form of government they will have and that's a problem when a city has a vast majority of voters from one side of the aisle, but the city hasn't changed in decades WRT party affiliation and it's likely that it won't because people from the other party are very unlikely to move in and displace people from the other party. Since I'm from Milwaukee, I can say with certainty that it has stopped being a functional city. Nothing changes, so nothing WILL change.

BTW- we have mentioned car thefts because they have become so common- MKE has had about 9200 of them so far, this year. That's more than 1543 auto thefts/100,000 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis