GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I have to say that my level of concern is up several points today.

Things are worsening in Europe. Austria is going to three weeks full lock down for everyone. Austria is to make vaccination compulsory for all. All eligible citizens must be fully vaccinated by February 1, 2022.

The UK feels that it may see the new wave blunted. There is much uncertainty. However I watch BBC news South East after the 6:00 PM news, as I come from Kent.

Kent and the SE are the closest to continental Europe, where most of the trade and travel to continental Europe take place.

Today, infections in all regions of the South East of England were up between 30 and 75 percent week on week. One area in the South East now has the second highest infection rate in the UK. This has not happened in months.

There is something serious occurring here, and I'm not all sure what is causing this.

I note that infection rates are now going up fast in 27 US states now.

I think it is time to be very careful again. I know this now well into the tiresome stage, but once again it is time to take precautions, at least until the reason for all this is better understood. It seems to me that once again this virus is not going by the book.

To GO-NAD I would say Canada should be rolling out vaccines to everyone over 12, six months after their last vaccination now, and do it with urgency. Also make sure everyone gets their influenza vaccine. We know that Covid-19 and influenza have a dreadful synergy. Last year was a low influenza year. This year we are unlikely to be so lucky.
Thanks, Doc. Third doses are under way, but they are working their way down the age groups in stages. As the oldest were vaccinated first, they would be first due for the third dose, then on down the line.

There are some other categories of people who will be prioritized for 3rd does, including immunocompromised people, those whose first two doses were the AZ vaccine and front line health care workers whose first two doses were spaced less than 28 days apart.

The Pfizer vaccine was just approved today by Health Canada for 5-11 year olds.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
" If you are not vaccinated, then you need to be vaccinated immediately. It is an absolute no brainer. "

Soooo, if the unvaccinated have no brains, then they are zombies. That would go a long way to explaining what's going on in the world right now.
That is a bit of a catch-22: How do explain a no brainer to someone who has no brain?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
so what is blame for all the uncertainty for those not wanting to get 'the jab' ? Internet, media, myriads of false claims ?

here's but one example ............

as an AFIB patient I had concerns of the heart as well but in the end felt my odds were best with the vaccine.Time will tell I guess .........

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
so what is blame for all the uncertainty for those not wanting to get 'the jab' ? Internet, media, myriads of false claims ?

here's but one example ............

as an AFIB patient I had concerns of the heart as well but in the end felt my odds were best with the vaccine.Time will tell I guess .........
If that's anything like the U.S. VAERS database, it means that those are just reports that are required to be reported. They need to be investigated after that to determine if the cause of death was related to the vaccine or not. Nowhere in that article does it state this important fact. So I'd take anything that site says or claims with a healthy dose of skepticism since they don't give you the whole story.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If that's anything like the U.S. VAERS database, it means that those are just reports that are required to be reported. They need to be investigated after that to determine if the cause of death was related to the vaccine or not. Nowhere in that article does it state this important fact. So I'd take anything that site says or claims with a healthy dose of skepticism since they don't give you the whole story.
It's like this:

Person 1: "they got the covid vaccine then died the next day"
Person 2: "wow, I can't believe the vaccine killed them, much less in a single day."
Person 1: "well, they did get hit by a bus crossing the street after eating lunch, sooo....."

If you stop at the first line, it's quite alarming, but if you continue, it's a meaningless fact that the person died right after being vaccinated.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Right, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database shows raw reports before and after they're assessed.

Each report of an AE (an adverse event) has to be assessed for severity and likely cause. Severity gets graded on a 5 point scale, where Grade 1 = mild, Grade 2 = moderate, Grade 3 = severe, Grade 4 = life threatening (requiring hospitalization), and Grade 5 = death.

The Grade 3, 4, & 5 events also have to have cause evaluated. Again there is a 5 point scale, where Grade 1 = Unrelated to the Vaccine, Grade 2 = Unlikely, Grade 3 = Possible (cannot be ruled out), Grade 4 = Likely, and Grade 5 = Definitely Related.

The anti-vaxxers have willfully ignored this aspect of VAERS, and count all reports whether they've been assessed and evaluated, or not.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay update on the booster. I'm finally starting to feel better. Had a fever of 101 for awhile but it's breaking. Energy is coming back. The aches are starting to recede. I'm starting to get really really hungry

It's obvious I react to this vaccine pretty intense this is the second time it's happened. It is what it is tho. The aches aren't so bad but I get the WORST headache that's the one that really got to me both times I've felt this way. Like lay in your room with the lights off kindoff headache all day until it's gone

I hope that some day they come up with a vaccine that not only alleviates symptoms but also makes one immune. Or at least really stops transmission. Otherwise we'll never get rid of this thing and honestly doing this twice a year will not be something I'm looking forward too.

But now that I'm starting to feel better I think I'm going to find something to eat

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
As expected, the FDA approved boosters for everyone 18 and over today, and the CDC followed up with a recommendation to that effect:

>>>US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky endorsed the use of Covid-19 vaccine boosters Friday for all adults.

Walensky made her recommendation just hours after CDC vaccine advisers voted unanimously to recommend booster doses of Pfizer/BioNTech's and Moderna's Covid-19 vaccines for all US adults six months after they finish their first two doses.
The recommendations simplify previous, complicated guidance for boosters.

Earlier Friday, the US Food and Drug Administration authorized boosters of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines for everyone 18 and older.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Right, the Vaccine Adverse Event System (VAERS) database shows raw reports before and after they're assessed.

Each report of an AE (an adverse event) has to be assessed for severity and likely cause. Severity gets graded on a 5 point scale, where Grade 1 = mild, Grade 2 = moderate, Grade 3 = severe, Grade 4 = life threatening (requiring hospitalization), and Grade 5 = death.

The Grade 3, 4, & 5 events also have to have cause evaluated. Again there is a 5 point scale, where Grade 1 = Unrelated to the Vaccine, Grade 2 = Unlikely, Grade 3 = Possible (cannot be ruled out), Grade 4 = Likely, and Grade 5 = Definitely Related.

The anti-vaxxers have willfully ignored this aspect of VAERS, and count all reports whether they've been assessed and evaluated, or not.
Nice summary. The willful ignorance about what the reports actually mean is annoying.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Okay update on the booster. I'm finally starting to feel better. Had a fever of 101 for awhile but it's breaking. Energy is coming back. The aches are starting to recede. I'm starting to get really really hungry

It's obvious I react to this vaccine pretty intense this is the second time it's happened. It is what it is tho. The aches aren't so bad but I get the WORST headache that's the one that really got to me both times I've felt this way. Like lay in your room with the lights off kindoff headache all day until it's gone

I hope that some day they come up with a vaccine that not only alleviates symptoms but also makes one immune. Or at least really stops transmission. Otherwise we'll never get rid of this thing and honestly doing this twice a year will not be something I'm looking forward too.

But now that I'm starting to feel better I think I'm going to find something to eat
I'm glad to read about your reactions, and that you're already feeling better.

Your reactions to the shot: fever, no energy, no appetite, aches, and a bad headache, all are consistent with your immune system reacting quickly to the booster. Your previous doses left you primed and ready for your immune system to kick in fast. The booster will leave you even more primed and ready should you ever get exposed to the virus.

Years ago when interferon was first tried as drug for cancer treatment, it soon became obvious that interferon alone, given IV, could duplicate all the symptoms you had after your booster shot. It was effective sometimes, but was pretty rough on cancer patients. It isn't used anymore.

In our immune system, interferon is one of the alarms secreted by immune cells responsible for surveillance. It's the early warning system we have, that calls out the reserves and mobilizes the specialized B & T cells. Your prior vaccine shots, primed them to ready for more sightings of the virus.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like the hospitals are filling up again in some midwestern states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, and a few others. Might be an ugly holiday season. :(

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
The following is anecdotal, I'm not a doctor, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, etc. so take it with a grain of salt.

A friend has a sister who works in a hospital that has had a lot of COVID patients recently. His advice was (if one gets sick) to get the antibody treatment right away and keep pressing the hospital for it if need be.

Here's a redacted version of his description of the effectiveness of the antibody treatments based on his conversations with his sister: "It's like dropping a [bleep]ing nuclear bomb on the [bleep]ing virus! It [bleep]ing blows the [bleep]ing [bleep] out of it!" (perhaps abstracts of research papers would be more informative if written in layman's terms?) I'm sure he was exaggerating somewhat for effect, but the message was clear.

As I understand it, hospitals are apparently somewhat reluctant to administer the antibody treatment. This is apparently due, at least in part, to the time and bed space that is required to administer the antibodies and to monitor the patients afterwards to make sure they do not have a reaction. The hospitals are also apparently keeping some powder dry (yeah, that's a really weird metaphor in this case) in case things get really out of hand. I really don't know if this is correct, however. Please feel free to post better information if you have it.
Antibody treatment was the only thing that saved the last president's life. He spent half the year promoting hydroxywhatever, but he wasn't treated with it when it was his own life on the line.

Most of the wealthy or celebrities who have gotten sick enough to be hospitalized have bragged that the antibody treatment helped them beat Covid. Good and well, for those who can afford it and have the clout to jump the line.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Looks like the hospitals are filling up again in some midwestern states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, and a few others. Might be an ugly holiday season. :(
And, Europe is going crazy and the demonstrators are out in numbers as they don't want to be controlled, locked down.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm glad to read about your reactions, and that you're already feeling better.

Your reactions to the shot: fever, no energy, no appetite, aches, and a bad headache, all are consistent with your immune system reacting quickly to the booster. Your previous doses left you primed and ready for your immune system to kick in fast. The booster will leave you even more primed and ready should you ever get exposed to the virus.

Years ago when interferon was first tried as drug for cancer treatment, it soon became obvious that interferon alone, given IV, could duplicate all the symptoms you had after your booster shot. It was effective sometimes, but was pretty rough on cancer patients. It isn't used anymore.

In our immune system, interferon is one of the alarms secreted by immune cells responsible for surveillance. It's the early warning system we have, that calls out the reserves and mobilizes the specialized B & T cells. Your prior vaccine shots, primed them to ready for more sightings of the virus.
Thanks for the insight. I feel 100% back to normal today but that day and a half was just rough man. I guess I wish my immune system was not so good at priming and mobilizing you know? I wish I was like some who had no side effects at all. I guess you could say my body is a victim of its own success :D But I got a ton of stuff done today and I'm itching to get back to work tommorow. So all is well thanks for the advice and support

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And, Europe is going crazy and the demonstrators are out in numbers as they don't want to be controlled, locked down.
That's going to be a problem going forward I mean we're 2 years in and eventually people will only put up with it for so long. I just think mental fatigue and strain will make it difficult to lock people down indefinitely. The whole world went batshit crazy the last round of lockdowns can't imagine what we will look like with another round

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the insight. I feel 100% back to normal today but that day and a half was just rough man. I guess I wish my immune system was not so good at priming and mobilizing you know? I wish I was like some who had no side effects at all. I guess you could say my body is a victim of its own success :D But I got a ton of stuff done today and I'm itching to get back to work tommorow. So all is well thanks for the advice and support
I almost have the opposite "problem" in the sense that the sides are so mild I wonder if it's actually doing anything. Other than a slight haze yesterday (not exactly purple haze) I had nuthin.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I almost have the opposite "problem" in the sense that the sides are so mild I wonder if it's actually doing anything. Other than a slight haze yesterday (not exactly purple haze) I had nuthin.
That's the trouble with discussing reactions to the shot. There's a very wide range of normal reactions – including yours and Danzilla31's. My own were somewhere in between.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

That's going to be a problem going forward I mean we're 2 years in and eventually people will only put up with it for so long. I just think mental fatigue and strain will make it difficult to lock people down indefinitely. The whole world went batshit crazy the last round of lockdowns can't imagine what we will look like with another round
We live in interesting times, don't we.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The German health minister is under fire for laying on the line today. He said by Spring everyone, will be vaccinated, recovered from Covid-19 or dead. I would add a few will be vaccinated and recovered. What he said is essentially correct. People just have a hard time facing facts, especially very hard facts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis