Has Dolby Home Atmos Been a Step Forward for Home Audio?

Do you think Dolby's Home Atmos hasbeen a positive move on the whole for home audio?

• Yes, Home Atmos has been a move in the right direction.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Dolby's Home Atmos has overall been good for home audio but has some flaws.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Home Atmos has become a misbegotten mess for home audio.

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • I don't know what a Dolby Home Atmos is. Help, I am lost and scared!

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The difference between the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 is a slight improvement in the camera. Don't take my word for it, listen to the folks that review smartphones all the time. Apple, the lords of planned obsolescence, you won't be able to play Atmos on their devices without some kind of upgrade.
For someone who says they don't hate Apple, scrolling up you sure put in a signficant amount of posts trashing the company and the people who use their products. :eek:

The different between the Iphone 12 & 13 is a little bit more than camera (Pro Max versions) I used that as the example becuase you spoke about the $1400 phone.
  • Adaptive refresh 120hz
  • Upgraded CPU A15 vs A14 offering a signficant performance and efficiency boost
  • CPU L2 Core of performance core increase of 50% to match the M1
  • Larger Battery
  • 20% Smaller notch
  • Wi-Fi 6E
  • Cameras are simmilar with the 13 having better detail and dyamic range along with greater zoom capability
  • Biggest change (on camera) is autofocus on the ultrawide
Sounds like a lot more improvment overall that just better selfies LOL. I say this being primarily an android user, I have been using 120hz for a long time on my OnePlus phones and that is a huge improvment. There are significant improvments all around. Apple innovates more on their high end, just like Android. Since work pays for my phone, I will get the 14 when I am eligible for an upgrade.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
For someone who says they don't hate Apple, scrolling up you sure put in a signficant amount of posts trashing the company and the people who use their products. :eek:

The different between the Iphone 12 & 13 is a little bit more than camera (Pro Max versions) I used that as the example becuase you spoke about the 1400 phone.
  • Adaptive refresh 120hz
  • Upgraded CPU A15 vs A14 offering a signficant performance and efficiency boost
  • Larger Battery
  • 20% Smaller notch
  • Wi-Fi 6E
  • Cameras are simmilar with the 13 having better detail and dyamic range along with greater zoom capability
  • Biggest change is autofocus on the ultrawide
Sounds like a lot more improvment overall that just better selfies LOL. I say this being primarily an android user, I have been using 120hz for a long time on my OnePlus phones and that is a huge improvment. There are significant improvments all around. Apple innovates more on their high end, just like Android. Since work pays for my phone, I will get the 14 when I am eligible for an upgrade.
AND, speaking of planned obsolescence(A55), I see that Apple still has iOS 15 support all the way back to the 6s plus. Yep. Released in 2014!!! 7 years. That’s a long damn time in phone years Lol
Now correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think android does that.
I’m not a fan boi for the record. But my first apple(besides a mac II) was an original iPod nano that was a gift. Problem is I was tied to iTunes so, just made sense to stay in the ecosystem. Never felt compelled to leave! Kinda like my iPhone 12 Pro max too. The low light and super wide are fun.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
The difference between the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 is a slight improvement in the camera. Don't take my word for it, listen to the folks that review smartphones all the time. Apple, the lords of planned obsolescence, you won't be able to play Atmos on their devices without some kind of upgrade.
Another ridiculous post,. You have no credentials in this arena to profess anything and it shows.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
AND, speaking of planned obsolescence(A55), I see that Apple still has iOS 15 support all the way back to the 6s plus. Yep. Released in 2014!!! 7 years. That’s a long damn time in phone years Lol
Now correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think android does that.
I’m not a fan boi for the record. But my first apple(besides a mac II) was an original iPod nano that was a gift. Problem is I was tied to iTunes so, just made sense to stay in the ecosystem. Never felt compelled to leave! Kinda like my iPhone 12 Pro max too. The low light and super wide are fun.
Apple has agreed to pay $3.4 million to settle a lawsuit in Chile that accused the company of iPhone planned obsolescence.

Apple hit with new lawsuit over alleged iPhone ‘planned obsolescence,’ this time in Portugal

I could go on and on to show and prove Apple is the lord of planned obsolescence. I'm not against Apple devices, I still have my 5th Gen iPod. I considered getting an iPhone Pro Max 13 as my next phone for the reason you mentioned. However, as I said before, I dislike their business practices.

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

The different between the Iphone 12 & 13 is a little bit more than camera (Pro Max versions) I used that as the example becuase you spoke about the $1400 phone.
  • Adaptive refresh 120hz
  • Larger Battery
  • 20% Smaller notch
  • Wi-Fi 6E
  • Biggest change (on camera) is autofocus on the ultrawide
Again, when it comes to actual performance, none of what you cited above make a noticeable difference. Apple, from a hardware standpoint, is usually a step behind. For example, Apple TV 4K just now received Atmos and Dolby Vision support.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hit my limit. Say, how do you go about ignoring a whole f#%kin' thread?;)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Hit my limit. Say, how do you go about ignoring a whole f#%kin' thread?;)
Apple fanboyism tends to derail threads.:) I don't believe Apple will have any impact answering the question,
Has Dolby Home Atmos Been a Step Forward for Home Audio?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Again, when it comes to actual performance, none of what you cited above make a noticeable difference. Apple, from a hardware standpoint, is usually a step behind. For example, Apple TV 4K just now received Atmos and Dolby Vision support.
I feeling like I am debating with Donald Trump, deny and deflect. Simply annoying and you consistantly discount anyone elses opinon other than your own and are ignorant on the technology improvments.

Adaptive refresh is a signficant upgrade, enough so that Samsung and a vast majority of top tier android devices support it. Its why I purchased my OnePlus 9 Pro. Longer battery life and a 30%-60% increase CPU/GPU performance. I am sure the majority would disagree nottice differenct assement as theire are noticable and significant difference, at least according to the professional reviewers. No need to deflect on Apple TV, stick to my point. Their retenal scanner is still class leading, not following.

Summary: The IP13 offers signficant improvments form 12 outside of slight camera upgrade.

Performance Benchmarks.

(2) iPhone 13 Pro Max vs 12 Pro Max / S21 Ultra / P50 Pro / Mix 4 / vivo X70 Pro Plus Benchmark Test - Bing video

Iphone.JPG

Apple has also innovated on the CPU department as its M1 trounces performance of its much more expensive intel counterpart in pretty much every possible buisness application.

Apple Ipod Pro: First Tablet to use MicroLEDs, oh wait..wern't they suppposed to wait :D

I have the Apple TV, just picked it up 2 months ago. Here are my thoughts, premium build quality, better user inteface. (really like voice recognition for inputing passwords) it actually works. I am ok if it's not first to market as long as it works. I have been using Roku/Firestick devices until now. Will still keep my roku, but this is my primary device now.

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I feeling like I am debating with Donald Trump, deny and deflect. Simply annoying and you consistantly discount anyone elses opinon other than your own and are ignorant on the technology improvments.

Adaptive refresh is a signficant upgrade, enough so that Samsung and a vast majority of top tier android devices support it. Its why I purchased my OnePlus 9 Pro. Longer battery life and a 30%-60% increase CPU/GPU performance. I am sure the majority would disagree nottice differenct assement as theire are noticable and significant difference, at least according to the professional reviewers. No need to deflect on Apple TV, stick to my point. Their retenal scanner is still class leading, not following.

Summary: The IP13 offers signficant improvments form 12 outside of slight camera upgrade.

Performance Benchmarks.

(2) iPhone 13 Pro Max vs 12 Pro Max / S21 Ultra / P50 Pro / Mix 4 / vivo X70 Pro Plus Benchmark Test - Bing video

View attachment 51057

Apple has also innovated on the CPU department as its M1 trounces performance of its much more expensive intel counterpart in pretty much every possible buisness application.

Apple Ipod Pro: First Tablet to use MicroLEDs, oh wait..wern't they suppposed to wait :D

I have the Apple TV, just picked it up 2 months ago. Here are my thoughts, premium build quality, better user inteface. (really like voice recognition for inputing passwords) it actually works. I am ok if it's not first to market as long as it works. I have been using Roku/Firestick devices until now. Will still keep my roku, but this is my primary device now.
Like I said, I'm not against Apple devices, I'm against their business practices.

Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix it while it was under warranty.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Like I said, I'm not against Apple devices, I'm against their business practices.

Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix it while it was under warranty.
"none of what you cited above make a noticeable difference" (Like you said)

(2) iPhone 13 Pro - Should you upgrade from the 12 Pro?! - Bing video

• For anyone that would like to know the "nothing noticable" changes, please watch this video LOL
  • Faster, longer battery, Faster, brighter screen, better camera with more options...yep, not at all important to cell phone users
  • In my opinion, just shows how little you time you put into reseraching your comment above

So again, you fail to acknowlege my original comment about the signficant upgrades from 12 to 13, and deflect... nice job!

Thank god Samsung and other android cell phone manufactures are free from lawsuits and never have any issues with repairs or customer service...oh wait.

At least the don't blow up, get banned from comercial flights, and everything is perfect in android land...oh wait

No it just Apple.

Pssst...don't google samsung cell lawusits.

The truth is out there...

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Deflect, nice job! Thank god Samsung and other android cell phone manufactures are free from lawsuits...oh wait. At least the don't blow up, get banned from comercial flights, and everything is perfect in android land...
I have said time and again, I'm not against Apple products, I'm against their business practice, which isn't good. I'm not in the Apple can do no wrong category. I go according to what real consumers have to say about a product, not some spec sheet from a companies marketing department.

Dolby nor DTS should be licensing their stuff to Apple.

Apple is truly the evil empire.:eek:

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Fantastic another video!!! so great and useful!

Did you actually watch the video posted. Even the presenter says he doesn't belive its planned obsolesence LOL
Why innovate when you can steal
Bottom line Apple has the same issues android has, only its not getting sued for 2.8 billion. I am not in the frame that Apple can do no wrong, even commented on my issues. I only addressed the upgrade from 12 to 13 and disagreed with you on the support of the phones. The main complaints are about older iphone 6, 7 phones. You don't have those issues with android, 99% of android phones are NOT supported that long.

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Fantastic another video!!! so great and useful!

Did you actually watch the video post. Even the presenter says he doesn't belive its planned obsolesence LOL
Why innovate when you can steal
Bottom line Apple has the same issues android has, only its not getting sued for 2.8 billion.
I don't have brand loyalty, I will crush Samsung for bad business practices as well. Samsung gets crushed for the lack of Dolby Vision and the whole QLED TV thing. Also, Apple has been sued countless times for the bad business practice of Planned Obsolescence, you can't sweep it under the rug. The Youtuber is probably an Apple cultist, but it doesn't change the fact that Apple was fined by the French government.

Anyway, Apple was made relevant to the topic of this thread because someone mentioned Atmos music being available on the Apple platform, which makes me queasy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have brand loyalty, I will crush Samsung for bad business practices as well. Samsung gets crushed for the lack of Dolby Vision and the whole QLED TV thing. Also, Apple has been sued countless times for the bad business practice of Planned Obsolescence, you can't sweep it under the rug.

Anyway, Apple was made relevant to the topic of this thread because someone mentioned Atmos music being available on the Apple platform, which makes me queasy.
I am glad you agree with me, the business practices are not Apple Exclusive, Samsung and many other android providers get sued just as often. but when it comes to supporting their cell phones longer, I will take Apple over any other provider. When it comes to support, I have received the best support from both Apple and OnePlus on my devices, which is why I use both.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I am glad you agree with me, the business practices are not Apple Exclusive, Samsung and many other android providers get sued just as often. but when it comes to supporting their cell phones longer, I will take Apple over any other provider. When it comes to support, I have received the best support from both Apple and OnePlus on my devices, which is why I use both.
Samsung gets criticized.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Folks, just stop feeding the troll here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis