How to get desk job ? Or home work

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I definitely need to hide any papers dealing with disability, better off denied I didn’t want it they yelled at me to try .. no thanks !! .. any ideas
I already got enough debt that’s a joke ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK.

If this isn't a Red Flag with warning bells, I don't know what is.

We can kick you in the @$$ and tell you to grow up and get a job... but this post here crossed a line.

You need professional help. Counseling, Social Worker, Psychiatry...

Piecing together the little crumbs and clues in all the typed diarrhea that has spewed forth from your little fingers, we here on an Audio Forum cannot give you the help you need.

Take everything I've said about growing up, taking responsibility for your life and getting a job... AND APPLY THAT TO GETTING REAL HELP FOR YOURSELF! YOU NEED IT! GET HELP!

I fully believe that any person can take responsibility and change their life, no matter how disadvantaged, impaired, or whatever. Humans have the ability to rise above.

You have to want to change more than anything. Know that you can: you have that ability.

I'm out.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It means someone can trust you to install a switch in a closet somewhere, plug wired devices in, do some basic troubleshooting of connectivity (debug and look at logs). Things like that.

Other really popular certs: AWS all day long. (Amazon Web Services). Also Microsoft Azure.
Yep. VMware certs don't hurt either.

There are a lot of them that are very popular right now. Okta, Duo, Azure, etc. are all popular identity management solutions. Azure has a LOT more to it than that, but that part is BIG right now.

If you can get the whole azure stack, then do it. You'll never worry about not being able to find a job.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Okay, I have Autism but also hold a PhD in Chemistry. You are only as disabled as your ambition will allow for. Bluntly these guys are right, either finish your degree in an employable field, or go learn a trade. There is work, but you have to work for the good fits. Be teachable.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Some people are expressing interest in a CCNA class. I currently don't have the bandwidth to lead such as I have my own studies (CCNA DevOPS and CCIE ENCORE) but what I can do:
Just so folks know, CCIE is a VERY difficult cert to get and very few have it. IIRC, it is one of the top Cisco certs out there.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
OK.

If this isn't a Red Flag with warning bells, I don't know what is.

We can kick you in the @$$ and tell you to grow up and get a job... but this post here crossed a line.

You need professional help. Counseling, Social Worker, Psychiatry...

Piecing together the little crumbs and clues in all the typed diarrhea that has spewed forth from your little fingers, we here on an Audio Forum cannot give you the help you need.

Take everything I've said about growing up, taking responsibility for your life and getting a job... AND APPLY THAT TO GETTING REAL HELP FOR YOURSELF! YOU NEED IT! GET HELP!

I fully believe that any person can take responsibility and change their life, no matter how disadvantaged, impaired, or whatever. Humans have the ability to rise above.

You have to want to change more than anything. Know that you can: you have that ability.

I'm out.
Counselor is no help I’ve tried it , disability wasn’t my idea it was forced on me by my dad kept getting angry at me for not being able to do a standing job ..
I’ve not looked much for a job this year .. but time to start but worrying about college debt makes me worried.. gotta find a way to pay it and get income for sure .. nothing can get rid of that debt ..

Don’t understand what the social workers for??
Red flag is what I think of when hearing “ disability “..

jinjuku

jinjuku

Counselor is no help I’ve tried it , disability wasn’t my idea it was forced on me by my dad kept getting angry at me for not being able to do a standing job ..
I’ve not looked much for a job this year .. but time to start but worrying about college debt makes me worried.. gotta find a way to pay it and get income for sure .. nothing can get rid of that debt ..

I don't think you are in a place mentally to accept help from anyone on any vector right now. This is what it is and I do hope you find what you need that is going to work for you and help you.

Peace.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

'Noob, we are trying to make this as simple and straight forward as possible. You need to finish schooling in order to start a career that will eventually make you independent and self-sufficient. Either you are mentally capable of returning to school or not. If not, the next step is to seek help from a mental health professional. That may start with a social worker who can get you in contact with a mental health professional, with the goal of gaining enough confidence to return to school. The point is that you have to start somewhere and not just post in this forum. If you can get the process started, I'm sure you will receive a lot of encouragement here.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
'Noob, we are trying to make this as simple and straight forward as possible. You need to finish schooling in order to start a career that will eventually make you independent and self-sufficient. Either you are mentally capable of returning to school or not. If not, the next step is to seek help from a mental health professional. That may start with a social worker who can get you in contact with a mental health professional, with the goal of gaining enough confidence to return to school. The point is that you have to start somewhere and not just post in this forum. If you can get the process started, I'm sure you will receive a lot of encouragement here.
Yeah that’s the first step , the other is explaining why disability is a bad choice to my dad who doesn’t seem to understand im Already under boatloads of debt to the price of a new car …
It’s probably too hard to quit or get off disability that’s my worry .. financially bankrupt is a possibility from it too .

I think my dad wouldn’t care if I just found a job … that’s the solution. College luckily only requires credits from the year you started ; not the few extra additional classes they added since .

Last edited:
L

latapx

Audioholic Intern
All i know is that i can't find people for the positions I need to hire. There are jobs out there for anyone that is willing to work!

As jinjuku already said, I hope that you find what you need to push you forward. There are plenty of folks here guiding you...time to take that first step.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
All i know is that i can't find people for the positions I need to hire. There are jobs out there for anyone that is willing to work!

As jinjuku already said, I hope that you find what you need to push you forward. There are plenty of folks here guiding you...time to take that first step.
Yeah, too many people just want a pay check and don't really want to work for it.

On the other hand, if the job doesn't pay a reasonable wage, then it isn't worth the time to work it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Pay more then.
Sadly, it’s not just about pay. Mind, as a restaurant guy, I’ve argued the same for a very long time… but to be fair I’ve seen decent pay go unwanted just because of the nature of the job. No easy answers.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sadly, it’s not just about pay. Mind, as a restaurant guy, I’ve argued the same for a very long time… but to be fair I’ve seen decent pay go unwanted just because of the nature of the job. No easy answers.
That's a different scenario to most of the "people don't want to work" stuff.

Jobs that are terrible, but pay well, aren't the norm. They exist for sure, but most that are complaining about this sort of thing are talking about jobs that are terrible, but pay very little.

If I'm going to have a sh!t job, I better at least get paid well.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's a different scenario to most of the "people don't want to work" stuff.

Jobs that are terrible, but pay well, aren't the norm. They exist for sure, but most that are complaining about this sort of thing are talking about jobs that are terrible, but pay very little.

If I'm going to have a sh!t job, I better at least get paid well.
Service industry is a different beast, indeed... those aren't the jobs I was referring to, though.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Don't know if it's a problem in the U.S. but in Canada the gov't contributed to the labour shortage with their Covid subsidies. When people can earn the same amount of money sitting on their butts, they will, plain and simple. Another (and bigger) issue is the drive for a "living wage". Many people don't want low paying jobs where they can barely afford to pay rent and buy food. There has been a steady push by labour to increase the minimum wage while small business and agriculture pushes back saying they need low wages to survive. No simple answers to a complex issue.

One thing I would like to see eliminated though is the below minimum wages that food servers receive in lieu of the expectation of receiving tips. Tipping should either be eliminated or add a flat percentage to all bills so that all servers get a minimum wage like everyone else. There were many restaurants in Europe that we went to where the gratuity was built in and no tipping required unless you felt that the service was exceptional.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Don't know if it's a problem in the U.S. but in Canada the gov't contributed to the labour shortage with their Covid subsidies. When people can earn the same amount of money sitting on their butts, they will, plain and simple. Another (and bigger) issue is the drive for a "living wage". Many people don't want low paying jobs where they can barely afford to pay rent and buy food. There has been a steady push by labour to increase the minimum wage while small business and agriculture pushes back saying they need low wages to survive. No simple answers to a complex issue.

One thing I would like to see eliminated though is the below minimum wages that food servers receive in lieu of the expectation of receiving tips. Tipping should either be eliminated or add a flat percentage to all bills so that all servers get a minimum wage like everyone else. There were many restaurants in Europe that we went to where the gratuity was built in and no tipping required unless you felt that the service was exceptional.
I think that COVID was AN impetus... not the sole reason people started leaving their jobs... and to be certain the additional federal unemployment benefit above the state benefit did keep many out of the workforce for a prolonged time.

Where I'm at in Bay Area CA, a strong majority of restaurants do tip share for the whole staff, broken down by percentage of your role in the restaurant. But even minimum wage +tips isn't enough to find and keep talented people interested. Eliminating tipping and building it into the pricing structure for higher wages doesn't pay out the way one would hope, either, as people just see the cost per plate as prohibitive, then.

Fcuk. this makes me just wanna curl up into a ball, in a corner, rocking back and forth while sucking on my thumb.
SMDH

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis