SVS big price increases!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I always like the copper on the original Studio’s.
How do you like the super tweeter?
I liked it a lot but the LC-2 4 way just never projected a wide soundstage in my room to my liking it very straight forward image to me . But I’ll tell ya what it will take a lot of power very pronounced midrange too . I reall debated replacing it when I did .
It would be a good fit for the L-890’s in that line but I’ve herd them and like this center to me very bright sounding but have a decent mid bass punch .

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Same here don’t get me wrong I still am quite happy with my hp-520’s they were an end game line for me and they still sound fantastic. But I’d like to try the compression drivers in a floor stander to go with the synthesis center I got . The big HDI uses the same compression driver tech and Iam amazed at the clarity that thing puts out .
Well here’s to hoping we can make it happen! I’d be interested in comparing notes one day.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Those are good finds mark!

So, speaking to the original post. I can’t believe this won’t hurt them. I don’t pay their bills so I have no idea if these increases equal out to be what they’re losing in extra costs of shipping and construction etc. But the same price increase on a PC4k and a PB4k seems TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!! Maybe this is because they sell more PB’s so the margin is less on the PC. I don’t really know, but I think its obscene. I’d rather see them offer 50% off return shipping, or no free return shipping or something. Just seems like a bigger gouge to some customers to pay for all customers bill of rights and keep the sham going.
To be clear, I own SVS as well. But have long written them off of my upgrade path. Although I do like the pc4000.
Yeah bro they want a $400 increase on the PB 16 ultra $400 dollars literally makes it a $3000 sub. There's no way those are worth $3000. I can find plenty of subs even with the increases that offer better extension output upper bass and even hang with it in distortion and clarity for less. Why pay 3000 for this when I can spend 2500 on a monolith 215 and call it a day?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Those are good finds mark!

So, speaking to the original post. I can’t believe this won’t hurt them. I don’t pay their bills so I have no idea if these increases equal out to be what they’re losing in extra costs of shipping and construction etc. But the same price increase on a PC4k and a PB4k seems TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!! Maybe this is because they sell more PB’s so the margin is less on the PC. I don’t really know, but I think its obscene. I’d rather see them offer 50% off return shipping, or no free return shipping or something. Just seems like a bigger gouge to some customers to pay for all customers bill of rights and keep the sham going.
To be clear, I own SVS as well. But have long written them off of my upgrade path. Although I do like the pc4000.
Yeah I was going to strongly consider them for future purchases but with that big of a price jump on all they're products that's going to be a pass bro I mean a $100 increase ok every speaker and sub I could respect that but something smells fishy with that giant of a markup not saying they are deliberately taking advantage of the situation but almost seems like they are trying to squeeze out a Lil something something

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah bro they want a $400 increase on the PB 16 ultra $400 dollars literally makes it a $3000 sub. There's no way those are worth $3000. I can find plenty of subs even with the increases that offer better extension output upper bass and even hang with it in distortion and clarity for less. Why pay 3000 for this when I can spend 2500 on a monolith 215 and call it a day?
That my friend would be an excellent choice!

I do think this will bite them in the a$$. It doesn’t matter one bit to the customer what SVS has to go through. It only matters what they have to give up, and the new pricing makes them not worth giving anything up for.
I think SVS has been overpriced for a long time. Not that the subs and speakers aren’t competent, just that I don’t put that much stock into the bill of rights and the app. Not to mention all that two way shipping. It reminds me of an insurance company. Everyone pays stupid high premiums to cover the ones who make claims. How many people never send a sub back once it’s in their house? How many people never have an amp go bad? It’s fine if people are ok with that. It’s just that I’m not.
I totally agree with you on the pricing of the ultra as well. 400 bucks? 3k is just too much. There’s not that many Fukkin components in there!!!!! How could that add up? I used to really love SVS. Now I don’t. I feel like, who do they think they are… Just saving their ass? I don’t think so.
Supposedly other av companies will be jacking up prices it I haven’t noticed, or haven’t paid close enough attention. Except het did mention RSL’s modest bump.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Time to save your money and wait.
Don't forget used car prices are way up too if you can find them as well.
Crazy times.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Not necessarily, this might actually even the playing field I would think. I mean if it's hard to build over seas, and getting more expensive to ship to the US. Maybe building here with no shipping issues would make it the same to produce.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That is too easy of a solution. ;) :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Time to save your money and wait.
Don't forget used car prices are way up too if you can find them as well.
Crazy times.
Yeah, we have a few car lots in town, and it’s ironic. The smaller ma and pa shops actually have some inventory. But the bigger oem dealers look like ghost towns. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Guess I’m stuck with Klipch icon forever , sure svs would’ve looked way nicer …

They didn’t just raise prices , the dollar went down in value probably also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wasn't SVS products over priced to begin with????
A little bit, but I could pretty easily talk myself into it based on aesthetics, super low distortion and the customer perks.

Not any more tho. Some of these increases are really extreme.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
A little bit, but I could pretty easily talk myself into it based on aesthetics, super low distortion and the customer perks.

Not any more tho. Some of these increases are really extreme.
Yeah I have to stick up for SVS a little bit here. I mean these prices hicks are little outrageous but they do have good products and excellent customer service. I get that you are paying for shipping and return shipping one way or another but the free trial is excellent. It may just be that business model doesn't working anymore.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I have to stick up for SVS a little bit here. I mean these prices hicks are little outrageous but they do have good products and excellent customer service. I get that you are paying for shipping and return shipping one way or another but the free trial is excellent. It may just be that business model doesn't working anymore.

Yeah, I've been one of their cheerleaders on these forums for a long time. I still like a lot of their products and think they make some of the best looking gear, with very good build quality, for the money (pre-price increases). I forget who mentioned it earlier, but I agree that I'd rather see an amendment to the customer bill of rights before a $600 price increase for their flagship towers and subs.

Then again they partially built their rep based on those bill of rights so it's not an easy decision to chuck it and lose that unique position in the market. Then again, it might not be long before others start following suit... I dunno man.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I've been one of their cheerleaders on these forums for a long time. I still like a lot of their products and think they make some of the best looking gear, with very good build quality, for the money (pre-price increases). I forget who mentioned it earlier, but I agree that I'd rather see an amendment to the customer bill of rights before a $600 price increase for their flagship towers and subs.

Then again they partially built their rep based on those bill of rights so it's not an easy decision to chuck it and lose that unique position in the market. Then again, it might not be long before others start following suit... I dunno man.
I'm not sure what they could do in the bill of rights to save a bunch of money other than not have free return shipping. I guess that might be ok or the upgrade in a year thing. I'd be on with free return shipping going away. That would save them a ton. Something like free return shipping is a tough one, I have a conscious and while I would love to try the Prime Pinnacle speakers, I am NOT wasting SVS's money and my time either shipping it back just to hear them. I get here are A-holes that do that though. The very thought of doing that makes me queasy and almost puke.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Sup homes!
I think it was me that mentioned that. Possibly a temporary hold on two way shipping or something like that. I agree, ditching something that is what people know them for might be damaging. But imo, the price hikes are likely more damaging. I guarantee there will be plenty of hold outs until the dust settles. Because IMO some of these bumps are totally obscene. Some people will buy, just because they have enough money and don’t GAF. But others, like myself who’s already a customer BTW, and has a decent setup is laughing at them. No Fukkin way I’m interested in their gear at those levels. To be clear. I’m not knocking their gear. Never have. It’s just that now, the “value” isn’t anywhere near where it used to be. Maybe they don’t care because they think they’re some fancy luxo brand. That’s fine. But I’m totally over the bill of rights, and for the premium, I’ll buy something else.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not sure what they could do in the bill of rights to save a bunch of money other than not have free return shipping. I guess that might be ok or the upgrade in a year thing. I'd be on with free return shipping going away. That would save them a ton. Something like free return shipping is a tough one, I have a conscious and while I would love to try the Prime Pinnacle speakers, I am NOT wasting SVS's money and my time either shipping it back just to hear them. I get here are A-holes that do that though. The very thought of doing that makes me queasy and almost puke.

I have seen what appears to be a more common strategy in the last year or so with a few threads of customers ordering multiple pairs of speakers and subs from them, all at once to test out for a month then return the rest on their dime. I can see that hitting their bottom line if more and more people adopt this strategy.

I totally get where you're coming from, having a conscience and not wanting to burden the company but on the flip side I can't fault anyone for taking advantage of it either. SVS set the policy, and it's not like folks found a loophole or anything.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis