mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Here in Northeast Florida people are starting to wear masks again indoors at stores both customers and employees. Unfortunately I get the feeling that most non maskers are also anti vaxers. Why is it so hard to get a vaccine? I had to get every shot in the book when I joined the USAF back in the 70s. This is not political its just common sense. If you want to make a statement then just quit wearing a seatbelt and disable the air bags in your car. Freedom for you and you won't be endangering anyone else.
Common sense? Surely lacking in the populous. ;)
Yes, and not wearing seatbelts is not contagious. :) Same for other restrictions on personal freedoms. There are plenty of controls out there with enforcement.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Common sense? Surely lacking in the populous. ;)
Yes, and not wearing seatbelts is not contagious. :) Same for other restrictions on personal freedoms. There are plenty of controls out there with enforcement.
Enforcement would be extremely difficult by law enforcement, but NO admissions into a business by the business themselves would start an example of, if you want to eat, or drink, or watch sports or buy building supplies, buy food, pick up your prescription then put on and keep your mask on when you are in my business. If they the anti-vaxers don't like it, go someone else. Just a thought.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here in Northeast Florida people are starting to wear masks again indoors at stores both customers and employees. Unfortunately I get the feeling that most non maskers are also anti vaxers. Why is it so hard to get a vaccine? I had to get every shot in the book when I joined the USAF back in the 70s. This is not political its just common sense. If you want to make a statement then just quit wearing a seatbelt and disable the air bags in your car. Freedom for you and you won't be endangering anyone else.
Your governor has painted himself into a corner. His anti-lockdown tirade worked last year, but 2021 (Delta) isn't playing by the same rules. Instead of re-evaluating, he's tripling down and hoping it just goes away.

Kids dying, teachers dying, and he's still being a pompous ass.

highfigh

highfigh

What if these potential jurors is exactly what the lawyer had in mind as unsuitable by his remark "I think [they] lack a considerable amount of sophistication, and also lack a certain amount of social responsibility to other members of the community. "?

He said "In my own [opinion] the great majority of people who are not getting their double vaccination do not trust science" which, of course, excludes those with allergies or other medical conditions averse to vaccination. One of the major reasons to vaccinate as many as possible is to protect those that cannot be vaccinated.
They may not have any lack of social responsibility- if they have some underlying condition that makes vaccination risky, they would be 'falling on their sword' by going in for jury duty but in all honesty, a mask really isn't a problem for most people unless they're engaged in some kind of physical activity or, and it's a legitimate concern, if they suffer from anxiety. I use a stationary bike for part of the physical therapy for my knee and when I'm at a higher level of resistance, wearing a mask really isn't great.

There are many reasons for lawyers eliminating jurors and many are foolish- they can make the lawyer look like they have a great legal mind, or like a fool who's just grandstanding.

Why not have the jurors tested? It takes fifteen minutes.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The latest risk level map at globalepidemics.org is almost completely red (red signifies that there are more than 25 daily new cases per 100,000 people in a given county).

1631622471832.png

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I was somewhat surprised to see that foxnews ran this story. It's too bad children pay the price for poor choices by adults. It's ironic how many of the people who don't want others to tell them what to do expect others to bail them out financially for the consequences of their poor choices.

>>>A 4-year-old Texas girl has died of COVID-19 — which she likely contracted from her mom, a staunch anti-vaxxer, the grieving parent said. Little Kali Cook died in her sleep at home in Bacliff last Tuesday, just five hours after she woke in the early hours with the first signs of a fever, mom Karra Harwood told local media. . . .
"I tried to stay away from her and didn’t want her and my other kids to get it," she told the Galveston County Daily News of Kali and her brother and 5-month-old sister, both of whom also got infected.

The mom admitted that she now regrets opposing COVID-19 vaccines. In Texas, the vaccination rate is just a fraction over 50%, Johns Hopkins University data shows. "I was one of the people that was anti, I was against it," she told her local paper of the shots. "Now, I wish I never was," she admitted. . . . Meanwhile, Harwood has launched an online fundraiser to help while she and her fiancé are still out of work — and it quickly surpassed their goal of $20,000. <<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
They may not have any lack of social responsibility- if they have some underlying condition that makes vaccination risky, they would be 'falling on their sword' by going in for jury duty but in all honesty, a mask really isn't a problem for most people unless they're engaged in some kind of physical activity or, and it's a legitimate concern, if they suffer from anxiety. I use a stationary bike for part of the physical therapy for my knee and when I'm at a higher level of resistance, wearing a mask really isn't great.

There are many reasons for lawyers eliminating jurors and many are foolish- they can make the lawyer look like they have a great legal mind, or like a fool who's just grandstanding.

Why not have the jurors tested? It takes fifteen minutes.
Did you read my post that you replied to?

I wrote at the end:

He said "In my own [opinion] the great majority of people who are not getting their double vaccination do not trust science" which, of course, excludes those with allergies or other medical conditions averse to vaccination. One of the major reasons to vaccinate as many as possible is to protect those that cannot be vaccinated.​

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I was somewhat surprised to see that foxnews ran this story.
why ? while so much of what they report and how they report it I agree is 'twisted' they can and do have their moments. Our local FOX station actually does a decent job IMO

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
A recent publication in the journal Science, shows no need for booster vaccination. It studied 35 people who had volunteered for early clinical trials of the Moderna mRNA vaccine, following them out from initial vaccination for at least 7 months. The authors, at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology, performed a wide variety of different antibody and T-cell immune assays at various time points. Their results are the best evidence so far that potent Killer (CD8+) T-cell, Helper (CD4+) T-cell, and antibody responses are generated by the 2-dose vaccination, over the entire time span of at least 6 months.
Here's the abstract for the Science paper:
Low-dose mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine generates durable memory enhanced by cross-reactive T cells
Vaccine-specific CD4+ T cell, CD8+ T cell, binding antibody, and neutralizing antibody responses to the 25-μg Moderna mRNA-1273 vaccine were examined over 7 months post-immunization, including multiple age groups, with a particular interest in assessing whether pre-existing cross-reactive T cell memory impacts vaccine-generated immunity. Vaccine-generated spike-specific memory CD4+ T cells 6 months post-boost were comparable in quantity and quality to COVID-19 cases, including the presence of T follicular helper cells and interferon gamma (IFNγ)-expressing cells. Spike-specific CD8+ T cells were generated in 88% of subjects, with equivalent memory at 6 months post-boost compared to COVID-19 cases. Lastly, subjects with pre-existing cross-reactive CD4+ T cell memory had increased CD4+ T cell and antibody responses to the vaccine, demonstrating the biological relevance of SARS-CoV-2–cross-reactive CD4+ T cells.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Your governor has painted himself into a corner. His anti-lockdown tirade worked last year, but 2021 (Delta) isn't playing by the same rules. Instead of re-evaluating, he's tripling down and hoping it just goes away.

Yep he rolled the dice and won big last year. This year maybe not so much...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Enforcement would be extremely difficult by law enforcement, but NO admissions into a business by the business themselves would start an example of, if you want to eat, or drink, or watch sports or buy building supplies, buy food, pick up your prescription then put on and keep your mask on when you are in my business. If they the anti-vaxers don't like it, go someone else. Just a thought.
Just thought of it. Make it like that new Texas law, allow a bounty for the citizens to collect upon prosecution and conviction. ;) :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Actually, I would call him an assasin.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The latest risk level map at globalepidemics.org is almost completely red (red signifies that there are more than 25 daily new cases per 100,000 people in a given county).

View attachment 50262

You mean there are people living in those green areas? :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

why ? while so much of what they report and how they report it I agree is 'twisted' they can and do have their moments. Our local FOX station actually does a decent job IMO
Yes, that must be their news crew, not their talk show idiots.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not a media expert, and I doubt that my subjective "somewhat surprised" reaction to the news article merits much discussion. But, since you asked, here's an answer. After I started reading the Herman Cain Memorial award thread at Reddit I developed an admittedly morbid curiosity about anti-vaxers who've died of COVID and I conducted google searches to find out how common it is. These searches tend to develop relatively few hits for fox news.

For example, here are the top 10 news hits (without any revisions or deletions on my part) from a recent google search:

Prominent Israeli Anti-vaxxer Dies of COVID. His Followers Remain Unwavering

Four-year-old girl dies of Covid after anti-vaxxer mom contracts virus

Anti-Vax QAnon Supporter Whose Demand For Ivermectin Fueled Attacks Against Chicago Hospital Dies Of Covid

Vocal anti-vaccine broadcaster dies from COVID-19 complications

A trio of conservative radio hosts died of Covid. Will their deaths change vaccine resistance?

Texas couple who declined to get covid vaccine die, leaving four children orphans

A police captain who refused the vaccine and took the anti-parasitic ivermectin to combat COVID-19 dies from the virus

Florida radio host who called himself ‘Mr Anti-Vax’ dies of Covid-19

3rd conservative radio host who condemned vaccines dies of Covid

Anti-Vax Radio Hosts Keep Dying From COVID

I'm not recommending that others take up this "hobby." It's actually kind of depressing. I find myself thinking that we are all losing in some sense.

As Donne said:

"Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that.
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a media expert, and I doubt that my subjective "somewhat surprised" reaction to the news article merits much discussion. But, since you asked, here's an answer. After I started reading the Herman Cain Memorial award thread at Reddit I developed an admittedly morbid curiosity about anti-vaxers who've died of COVID and I conducted google searches to find out how common it is. These searches tend to develop relatively few hits for fox news.

For example, here are the top 10 news hits (without any revisions or deletions on my part) from a recent google search:

Anti-Vax QAnon Supporter Whose Demand For Ivermectin Fueled Attacks Against Chicago Hospital Dies Of Covid

A trio of conservative radio hosts died of Covid. Will their deaths change vaccine resistance?

Texas couple who declined to get covid vaccine die, leaving four children orphans

A police captain who refused the vaccine and took the anti-parasitic ivermectin to combat COVID-19 dies from the virus

I'm not recommending that others take up this "hobby." It's actually kind of depressing. I find myself thinking that we are all losing in some sense.

As Donne said:
Makes me mad/sad that there are just so many of these. People's families are having to deal with this crap when they shouldn't have to.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

As Donne said:
Another anti vaxer radio host has died, that makes 5 Radio Antivaxers that Covid closed their show. All because of show political BS

"Another conservative talk radio host who urged listeners to boycott the COVID-19 vaccine has died from the disease caused by exposure to the coronavirus.

Bob Enyart, a Denver radio host and pastor, died two weeks after he and his wife were hospitalized with what his church called "severe" cases. He was 62." Enyart, a provocateur who gleefully mocked the deaths of AIDS victims, had encouraged his listeners not to get any of the three available COVID-19 vaccines because he claimed they had been tested on "cells of aborted babies."

"

highfigh

highfigh

Did you read my post that you replied to?

I wrote at the end:

He said "In my own [opinion] the great majority of people who are not getting their double vaccination do not trust science" which, of course, excludes those with allergies or other medical conditions averse to vaccination. One of the major reasons to vaccinate as many as possible is to protect those that cannot be vaccinated.​
I saw it and I have also noticed that a lot of people aren't wearing masks- were they going to mandate masks in court, too?

A large jury pool and daily testing would work, too- some jobs require testing every time the people go to work and it takes about fifteen minutes to see the results. I would also hope they test people who aren't involved with the trial to be tested as well, or put them in a separate room if they want to watch the trial.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis