Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I thought the same. Remember that pic of Peggy and her kids? No father in it. It made sense to me after "Endgame" because after going back, Steve knew he had to be "out of frame" so to speak until the moment in the future when he goes back to return the stones. He explained how it all went down to Peggy and they were careful to keep him a secret. It would have been hell for Peggy at times because while wanting to do her job, history would dictate how things went down and Steve would fill her in and explain why she had to lose sometimes to keep the timeline straight. The world thought Steve died in the battle with Thanos and it was ok for him to appear as an old man now and give Sam the shield. I always thought Bucky just had a feeling about what Steve was going to do but then we find out that they had gone over all of it. It was one hell of a move that only Steve could pull off in making sure the stones AND Mjollnir were returned to their proper place in time. He deserved a life with Peggy after everything and Sam would have only accepted the shield from an aged Steve. Why would he think to take it if Steve had given it to him while still young before going off to return the stones or returning to give it to him while still young? Just my thoughts on it, anyway.
Not really a spoiler, but since the episode is so new, I'll use the spoiler function.
I don't remember if it was the same article or not, but I did read where there is a blink and you miss it spot in the episode, where some are claiming it is Peggy. The picture supplied, it did resemble her, but it could be just coincidence, or even smoke and mirrors on Marvels part. Marvel knows these episodes are going to get picked apart and discussed, and what better way to spur that is with what could be a major plot point or misdirection. [spoiler\]

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Really enjoying Loki so far, and maybe it's just me, but what does everybody think of the picture quality? Maybe it's because most scenes are kind of dark, but it just doesn't have the pop of some of the other 4k streams out there. We watched an episode of Sweet Tooth after that, and that seemed like a decent 4k picture.

And as long as I'm complaining, anybody else hate the menu system on Disney+? It's either play or no play, no option to start over unless you do a search for the show. At least it's that way on my Roku Ultra.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Really enjoying Loki so far, and maybe it's just me, but what does everybody think of the picture quality? Maybe it's because most scenes are kind of dark, but it just doesn't have the pop of some of the other 4k streams out there. We watched an episode of Sweet Tooth after that, and that seemed like a decent 4k picture.

And as long as I'm complaining, anybody else hate the menu system on Disney+? It's either play or no play, no option to start over unless you do a search for the show. At least it's that way on my Roku Ultra.
It has been great so far. I've enjoyed every episode immensely.

I've got no problems with the picture quality on Disney +, the sound quality still isn't great for me though, which is a problem I've detailed before.

The picture quality on Netflix is terrible for me though now for some reason. Could also be my 6 year old 1080p projector. I had a line on an Epson 5050UB for 1400$ less than MSRP, but that fell through. Still looking for a replacement.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
It has been great so far. I've enjoyed every episode immensely.

I've got no problems with the picture quality on Disney +, the sound quality still isn't great for me though, which is a problem I've detailed before.

The picture quality on Netflix is terrible for me though now for some reason. Could also be my 6 year old 1080p projector. I had a line on an Epson 5050UB for 1400$ less than MSRP, but that fell through. Still looking for a replacement.
So you are watching it in 1080P? Guessing that's what the difference as to why I might be complaining and you have no issues, is that it does look like a 1080p feed, when it's supposed to be 4K. Not saying it's not, but usually the black levels are better on shows like this, and that's usually how I can tell the difference between the two. Either way, like you said, it is a good series that I am enjoying very much.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Well the latest episode of Loki was well, something different, that's for sure, and I have questions.

So if Loki hooks up with Lady Loki, is that incest, homosexuality or just something really weird? Didn't expect Moebius to get "pruned", but guessing he will be back since his name actually means never ending. Really good episode and will probably watch again. And what's up with Loki in the end credit scene? Read an article, and the characters at the end are all supposedly canon, curious to see where they go from here.[spoiler\]

Still disappointed in the picture quality though, doesn't seem like a 4k picture.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, interesting stuff. Enjoyed seeing a certain character after they were left out of the last several movies. There is definite inspiration from the original “Bladerunner” here, what with the retro noir look and feel, some of the music and the character origin questions.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Well the latest episode of Loki was well, something different, that's for sure, and I have questions.

So if Loki hooks up with Lady Loki, is that incest, homosexuality or just something really weird? Didn't expect Moebius to get "pruned", but guessing he will be back since his name actually means never ending. Really good episode and will probably watch again. And what's up with Loki in the end credit scene? Read an article, and the characters at the end are all supposedly canon, curious to see where they go from here.[spoiler\]

Still disappointed in the picture quality though, doesn't seem like a 4k picture.
Good questions. I'm not sure about the morality of it all. Weird dynamic for sure.

Only 2 episodes left, and I'm really not sure where this is all heading especially since there seems to be a bunch of things that I remember from the trailers that have as of yet to happen.

I'm hoping the last 2 episodes are a bit longer than the last 2. It seems like there is a lot of loose ends to tie up still with this whole thing.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Well, they can bleed into season two.;)
Right, good point.

I forgot this had been billed as an actual ongoing series not just a limited series like WandaVision The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

I'm hoping that this will lead into the new Spider-Man movie and the Dr. Strange movie next year. It kind of seems like it's heading in that direction with the timelines IE Multiverse.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, everything going on now seems to be leading up to the Multiverse of Madness and the introduction of characters that were once off limits to Disney before the FOX purchase.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Great episode tonight. Of course it had to end there. I have no idea where the final episode is heading. I'm hoping it'll be about an hour long though. I did not recognize the place they showed at the end .

Looking forward to next week's episode.

Also, I'll be purchasing Black Widow on Disney + this weekend. Probably going to be watching it on Sunday night. 29.99$ here in Canada. Less than the cost of 2 movie tickets, and a much better more enjoyable experience watching it here. Can't wait.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Enjoyed that episode as well and really liking the show. Torn about “Black Widow”. I know I’ll get the disc later but want to see it soon on a big screen. Atmos, D-Box or IMAX? Oh my!:D With 22 minutes of it opened up in IMAX aspect ratio, I’m thinking IMAX.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
There is some inspiration from former Disney animator Don Bluth there as well.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just saw those trailers a few hours ago, but only quickly. They look great. I wasn't sure to expect from this one, but if it's as good as it looks, it's going to be awesome.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’d like to read some feedback from anybody watching “Black Widow” on Disney+. If Disney doesn’t open up the IMAX scenes for home viewing, I’ll go see it in IMAX. Well, maybe… I may give in and watch it at home tonight. I really want to see it in IMAX but it’s seriously f#%kin’ hot out there this weekend.:eek:

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I’d like to read some feedback from anybody watching “Black Widow” on Disney+. If Disney doesn’t open up the IMAX scenes for home viewing, I’ll go see it in IMAX. Well, maybe… I may give in and watch it at home tonight. I really want to see it in IMAX but it’s seriously f#%kin’ hot out there this weekend.:eek:
I'll be watching it Sunday on Disney+. If you haven't seen it by then, I'll give you the low down.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Saw Black Widow in Imax Thursday Night. Solid B/B+ movie, I like the fact they spent more time on character development, had a more serious tone at times, but still a good sense of humor. STAY TO ENDING CREDITS END, for last scene that sets up .....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis