Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
At this point I’m just hoping that better treatments are developed.
One can always hope. Remember, we have effective vaccines against most viral diseases, but the only really effective anti-virus drugs that I know of work against HIV and Hepatitis C. There is an anti-influenza drug, but I don't see it widely used, and I don't know how effective it really is.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I just ran across an anti-covid vax person who has all the talking points:

-There's a 99+% survival rate for covid, why get a vaccine?
-It's all just a hoax any way.
-If I die in a car crash but test positive for covid, they list it as a covid death.

I feel like some people are just being willfully ignorant at this point and I have a hard time empathizing with/for them. I asked if they would also say that the survival rate for Ebola is over 99%?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

-If I die in a car crash but test positive for covid, they list it as a covid death.

I feel like some people are just being willfully ignorant at this point and I have a hard time empathizing with/for them. I asked if they would also say that the survival rate for Ebola is over 99%?
It's cool if you get the jab, but why trying force people that don't want the gene therapy in their bodies to get it.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
It's cool if you get the jab, but why trying force people that don't want the gene therapy in their bodies to get it.
Vaccines are not gene therapy.

My post was not about forcing people to get vaccines, but about the willful ignorance and belief in ideas with literally no proof to them. And for what it's worth, I have no issue with governments mandating vaccinations when it comes down to public health.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The COVID-19 vaccines are not gene therapy in any way or shape, or what not. But here you are: Another twat in this thread :rolleyes:

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

People really do not have a good grasp of basic math and statistics. They really don't get what a 99% survival rate really means. That means that if every person were infected almost 75,000,000 people would die.

Not only that, you can simply ask them "if a bowl had 100 Skittles in it and one of them would kill you, would you try some?"

Simple math again: If I get COVID I have a 99% chance of survival. If I get a vaccine I have a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance of survival.

Not only that, if I do get COVID and am vaccinated, it won't last as long and the symptoms won't be as severe. That ALONE is enough for me.

I'll never understand why people would ever see urging or requiring people to get a vaccine is anything other than "we'd like you to not die". Why is not dying bad?

I'm so confused.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Vaccines are not gene therapy.

My post was not about forcing people to get vaccines, but about the willful ignorance and belief in ideas with literally no proof to them. And for what it's worth, I have no issue with governments mandating vaccinations when it comes down to public health.
This is not a vaccine. Go do your research. However, with that being said. If you feel that it's good for you, take the jab, but stop trying to bully, shame, and starve other people that don't want to do it.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
The COVID-19 vaccines are not gene therapy in any way or shape, or what not. But here you are: Another twat in this thread :rolleyes:
Take the jab, you have the right to do that, it's your choice.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
This is not a vaccine. Go do your research. However, with that being said. If you feel that it's good for you, take the jab, but stop trying to bully, shame, and starve other people that don't want to do it.
WTH are you talking about? It IS a vaccine. It is an mRNA vaccine. Perhaps you need to do some research, as mRNA doesn't work like you seem to think it does. In fact, I'll provide some for you. The mRNA is not incorporated into our own genome. mRNA molecules are used to manufacture some proteins, in this case those proteins invoke an immune response because they're from the virus. After that mRNA gets broken down by the body.

And how the F is trying to get real facts out there bullying, shaming, and/or starving anyone?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
WTH are you talking about? It IS a vaccine. It is an mRNA vaccine. Perhaps you need to do some research, as mRNA doesn't work like you seem to think it does. In fact, I'll provide some for you. The mRNA is not incorporated into our own genome. mRNA molecules are used to manufacture some proteins, in this case those proteins invoke an immune response because they're from the virus. After that mRNA gets broken down by the body.

And how the F is trying to get real facts out there bullying, shaming, and/or starving anyone?
Sir, people that are fully vaccinated are getting and spreading the virus. A vaccine would immunize you from getting and spreading the virus, so it's not a vaccine, it gene therapy. With a vaccine, which seems like from time immemorial, they inject you with an attenuated portion of the actual germ or virus so that your body would build up an immunity. That didn't happen with what they injecting people with today. If you would deep dive and do your research you would figure that out. Stop listening to the far-left media who are clearly in the pockets of Big Pharma that trying to fully censor any opposing views on the subject.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sir, people that are fully vaccinated are getting and spreading the virus. A vaccine would immunize you from getting and spreading the virus, so it's not a vaccine, it gene therapy. With a vaccine, which seems like from time immemorial, they inject you with an attenuated portion of the actual germ or virus so that your body would build up an immunity. That didn't happen with what they injecting people with today. If you would deep dive and do your research you would figure that out. Stop listening to the far-left media who are clearly in the pockets of Big Pharma that trying to fully censor any opposing views on the subject.
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1] A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future. Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).[2][3][4][5] Some vaccines offer full sterilizing immunity, in which infection is prevented completely.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1] A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future. Vaccines can be prophylactic (to prevent or ameliorate the effects of a future infection by a natural or "wild" pathogen), or therapeutic (to fight a disease that has already occurred, such as cancer).[2][3][4][5] Some vaccines offer full sterilizing immunity, in which infection is prevented completely.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine
"A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease"

im·mu·ni·ty: the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
CNBC:
It’s difficult to know the full extent of “breakthrough” Covid cases because cases in vaccinated people tend to be mild or asymptomatic and could go easily go unnoticed, but figures collected by NBC News has found that at least 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans have tested positive for Covid and 1,400 of those have died.

It does not stop the spread of Covid!! You are not immunized against Covid taking the experimental gene therapy.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Moderators: Another member, a long time one at that, is derailing this thread with misinformation about vaccines. That misinformation is deliberate and causes harm to others, potentially deadly.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Sir, no vaccine confers 100% immunity. FWIW, I've done the deep dive, I'm a degreed biologist and lifetime scientist.

Gene therapy is something that alters your genome by inserting a gene into your DNA. That is 100% not what an mRNA vaccine does.

You, sir, should stop talking nonsense about something you clearly don't know about.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Moderators: Another member, a long time one at that, is derailing this thread with misinformation about vaccines. That misinformation is deliberate and causes harm to others, potentially deadly.
I thought this was an open discussion, I would have never posted in here if I had known it was a thread to push the mainstream narrative. You don't have to call the moderators, I just will stop posting if I'm not allowed to cite the opposing views on the subject.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
"A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease"

im·mu·ni·ty: the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
CNBC:
It’s difficult to know the full extent of “breakthrough” Covid cases because cases in vaccinated people tend to be mild or asymptomatic and could go easily go unnoticed, but figures collected by NBC News has found that at least 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans have tested positive for Covid and 1,400 of those have died.

It does not stop the spread of Covid!! You are not immunized against Covid taking the experimental gene therapy.
Resist: withstand the action or effect of.

You're 18 times less likely to get hospitalized for COVID after getting the vaccine. How can you call that being ineffective or not granting resistance?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I thought this was an open discussion, I would have never posted in here if I had known it was a thread to push the mainstream narrative. You don't have to call the moderators, I just will stop posting if I'm not allowed to cite the opposing views on the subject.
You're citing and spouting misinformation, not opposing views. That's the issue. This thread is here to push facts and information.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis