mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
An interesting article in layman's terms that suggests that the reported drop in vaccine effectiveness is overblown.
Yes, Tetanus shots are good for 10 years, so I get them at that interval. Some others may need boosters from time to time but I just rely on the doctor.
Flew shots yearly as that virus mutates faster I guess.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
WOW, air quality meter? I want scientific evidence that it matters. What do woodworkers and other tradesmen who wear masks all day long do, die off early go to sleep on the job? CO2 poisoning? I wonder if anyone in that audience dared to tell the boar members to get their medical advice from the county medical chief office.

I was curious and happen to have a medical grade oximeter at home so I experimented. The O% varied from 96% to 98% sitting, no mask. Changed breathing from holding, breathing faster, etc. Never went below 96%. Placed mask on, repeat. Same readings, no difference. I bet this is more relevant than air quality that .... relies on.
A question as I am truly curious of yours (and others) opinions: I posted this and a (now retracted) study from the Journal of the American Medical Association (again, retracted and I wish I had know before I posted it) regarding children wearing masks. Are you (and others reading this) in favor of children wearing masks considering they are the least at risk (yet most vulnerable in every other way) population WRT the virus itself? Again, not trying to start anything, just curious. Thanks!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, Tetanus shots are good for 10 years, so I get them at that interval. Some others may need boosters from time to time but I just rely on the doctor.
Flew shots yearly as that virus mutates faster I guess.
I was at the ER last year to get rather ugly looking finger examined after an unfortunate meeting with my router. The doc asked when I had my last tetanus shot. I answered, "Ummm, last year after my last woodworking accident."

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I was at the ER last year to get rather ugly looking finger examined after an unfortunate meeting with my router. The doc asked when I had my last tetanus shot. I answered, "Ummm, last year after my last woodworking accident."
Ummm, hard or slow learner wrt that router. ;):D
Do you have any fingers left:eek:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A question as I am truly curious of yours (and others) opinions: I posted this and a (now retracted) study from the Journal of the American Medical Association (again, retracted and I wish I had know before I posted it) regarding children wearing masks. Are you (and others reading this) in favor of children wearing masks considering they are the least at risk (yet most vulnerable in every other way) population WRT the virus itself? Again, not trying to start anything, just curious. Thanks!
I don't think children are at less risk perhaps they have not been as exposed beforehand. And this Delta is very dangerous regardless. Lost of children are dying now. One is too many. Yes, they should wear masks like everyone else. My son's 2 year old wears one when going to the doctor for checkup, etc. Don't see any difficulty that he has wearing one and breathing. Woodworkers wear one all day as needed. I do too.
If I have this right, Japan has no problem children wearing masks not just now but as a routine if they heel like they have a cold or something. Their socitey seems to accept mask wearing rather well. All of a sudden we have a major revolution over it.
As to that schoolboard video, I didn't see the full panel but would be shocked if they didn't have a qualified county medical expert present to answer such nonsense experiments. Not much different from that one lady pressing a key to her chest to show nanobots are magnetic and she wanted an explanation:eek:
A better experiment on her part would have been to use a magnet and see if that stuck better. ;)

ps. my biggest issue is that parents are so willing to gamble with the lives of their children because of their stubbornness to follow that ex leader who hates masks just because it looks bad. One only has to read the news in Florida where hospital ICUs are filling with children.

pps. Just reading the Sunday paper. AP Miami: picture of Christina and Austin Miles, perhaps 40 years old, he died recently, she and their 5 children are infected, mother-in-law just died as well.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I know. Just super surly after spending time with my family and just wondering where the lack of any critical thinking comes from. Then reminded in this thread I offered another AH member a hands on course and offered to pay for their test that they passed and nothing.

So it's a lot of things that have been talked about. Both you and me.

I'm in a bit of a mental tail spin with regards to family right now. I gave my brother birthday money, and he's living with my parents at 51 years old, hops on his pedal bike and disappears for the night. My mom didn't know I gave him money and she said: Where did he get $$ from, he normally only takes off when he has money. The more he has the longer he's gone and then back when broke again.

I'm upset at my parents, I'm upset at my older brother, my younger brother and his GF won't get the vaccine, won't allow their teenage kids to get the vaccine, their 14 year old daughter has been brought to the apartment by cops twice now.

What the h ell is going on! FFS stop being dipshits!
That’s frustrating but, unfortunately, there’s probably not that much you can do about it. It’s difficult to know where to set boundaries with family.

If it’s any consolation I have a friend who’s a doctor and he has four grown kids. All have college degrees. 3 of the 4 are vaccinated (of these 3, one is a doctor and the other has a PhD in chemistry). It creates issues within the family because the vaccinated family members are not entirely comfortable getting together with the unvaccinated ones.

I have an aunt and uncle who are definitely at risk but they won’t get the vaccine because they’re afraid of blood clots (last I heard). For the most part they are perfectly decent people but they are very gullible when it comes to certain things.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
? Are they hard to convince or just not interested?
Neither. I really meant that article in the Atlantic went on longer than it should. The first half was great in laying out, in an easily understandable way, some of the multiple mechanisms that all go on at the same time, in an immune response. In my opinion, it could have ended there without the second half.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Ummm, hard or slow learner wrt that router. ;):D
Do you have any fingers left:eek:
I certainly knew better than the way I was operating it. Fortunately, I have all my digits. To paraphrase, "God looks after drunks, fools, children and woodworkers".

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I certainly knew better than the way I was operating it. Fortunately, I have all my digits. To paraphrase, "God looks after drunks, fools, children and woodworkers".
God invented push sticks for a reason.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

That’s frustrating but, unfortunately, there’s probably not that much you can do about it. It’s difficult to know where to set boundaries with family.

If it’s any consolation I have a friend who’s a doctor and he has four grown kids. All have college degrees. 3 of the 4 are vaccinated (of these 3, one is a doctor and the other has a PhD in chemistry). It creates issues within the family because the vaccinated family members are not entirely comfortable getting together with the unvaccinated ones.

I have an aunt and uncle who are definitely at risk but they won’t get the vaccine because they’re afraid of blood clots (last I heard). For the most part they are perfectly decent people but they are very gullible when it comes to certain things.
Tell them they will get Covid, it is just when. The risk of blood clots with Covid 19 is thousands times higher than from any vaccine!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Tell them they will get Covid, it is just when. The risk of blood clots with Covid 19 is thousands times higher than from any vaccine!
And as far as I know and from what I have read, its still rare people get clots but only from these two vaccine producers. Oxford–AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID-19 vaccines.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I may try that. Last time a talked to my aunt, she said they had a friend who had COVID and had a rough go of it, but they also had a friend who got blood clots after getting vaccinated. I'm not sure the clots were caused by the vaccine, but it is possible (I think it ws the J&J vaccine). My impression is that they look at the scary anti-vax stuff and what happened within their group of friends and conclude that the chances of having problems are about the same either way. I'm doubtful that a discussion of data and probabailites would get very far. As far as I know, they are not rabid antivaxers or COVID deniers. I think they're mostly just scared.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Based on limited personal observational data, he looks after woodworkers and lets Darwin have his way with the fools (That's just a lame attempt at humor)(I'm not trying to start a big argument about religion).

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Some of what is posted there is surreal. The posts by people who are convinced that hospitals are intentionally killing a loved one who has been diagnosed with COVID are exceptionally bizarre (words are failing me right now).
It's a bit shocking honestly. People legitimately think that the fact that hospitals aren't giving patients drugs or treatments they see on tv, Facebook, or whatever (because they aren't approved and can kill you) means that they want them to die.

This misinformation is so far out of hand it's legitimately dangerous.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's a bit shocking honestly. People legitimately think that the fact that hospitals aren't giving patients drugs or treatments they see on tv, Facebook, or whatever (because they aren't approved and can kill you) means that they want them to die.

This misinformation is so far out of hand it's legitimately dangerous.
Sad as it is, there’s only a matter of time before some fool with more rifles than sense shoots a place up because the doctor didn’t give his wife the “life saving horse paste.”

jinjuku

jinjuku

Tell them they will get Covid, it is just when.
My auntie is god fearing woman whom is against the vaccine. She didn't know what to make of it when she said God gave her an immune system. I agreed: Go get covid and let god sort you out.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sad but I suspect many of the anti-vaxers fall in that group
True but back in the day these same people that put all their faith in God, well died of smallpox, polio. I remember when we were kids we all got those vaccinations among others..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis