eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I have no idea how they developed the COVID vaccine in 40 hours, but that was not the question you asked. From the JH article, clinical trials for vaccines can indeed last 10 years.
That is effectively bullshit. The only time they last that long and that is basically never, is when the early trials yield unfavorables results and the trials are repeated. And repeated. and repeated.

It's the age of disinformation. Careful what and who you source. Be careful to read through any bias. Be careful to read things fully and critically.

Peace, Parks!

Last edited:
eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
All this CO2 talk is making me sleepy... Speaking of, there is this with regard to children and masks:

"We suggest that decision-makers weigh the hard evidence produced by these experimental measurements accordingly, which suggest that children should not be forced to wear face masks."
OH my God! More? Now with masks?

Read my last post. Repeat.

With all respect, do you really think that you found an article on the internet that the CDC and FDA, a collection of the greatest minds on infectious disease that the world has ever had missed?Think how ridiculous that sounds.

This is a perfect point to illustrate my point above.

You need to trust teh CDC and FDA. Not doing so is to your detriment and to your neighbors detriment.

Peace

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Here's yet another "COVID denier dies of COVID" story. The guy seems quite credible to me (sarcasm alert). I mean, the notion that NASA is operating a child slave colony an mars seems perfectly reasonable to me.
It is true! They had to put the colony on Mars because we never landed on the moon!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The poster you replied to are one of several that has a history of posting out of context quotes, disinformation and otherwise argue in bad faith. Similar to the recently thread banned member he could just leave this thread.
Cite, please.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I suggest that people reading this thread "weigh the hard evidence" that this paper has been retracted:

>>>Notice of Retraction. Walach H, et al. Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Pediatr. Published online June 30, 2021. . . . The Research Letter, “Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial,” by Harald Walach, PhD, and colleagues published online in JAMA Pediatrics on June 30, 2021,1 is hereby retracted. Following publication, numerous scientific issues were raised regarding the study methodology, including concerns about the applicability of the device used for assessment of carbon dioxide levels in this study setting, and whether the measurements obtained accurately represented carbon dioxide content in inhaled air, as well as issues related to the validity of the study conclusions. In their invited responses to these and other concerns, the authors did not provide sufficiently convincing evidence to resolve these issues, as determined by editorial evaluation and additional scientific review. Given fundamental concerns about the study methodology, uncertainty regarding the validity of the findings and conclusions, and the potential public health implications, the editors have retracted this Research Letter. <<<

I stand retracted- thank you for the info!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Here's yet another "COVID denier dies of COVID" story. The guy seems quite credible to me (sarcasm alert). I mean, the notion that NASA is operating a child slave colony an mars seems perfectly reasonable to me.

>>>Robert David Steele, the conspiracy theorist who organized a far-right event in Belfast in July and called COVID-19 a hoax, has reportedly died of the disease. . . . Known for anti-Semitic beliefs and falsely asserting that NASA operates a child slave colony on Mars, Steele was also a promoter of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy that centers on the baseless idea that former President Donald Trump will vanquish a shadowy cabal of Democratic pedophiles.<<<

There is an entire reddit sub dedicated to this. It's very sad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
There still is a question among scientists and physicians about the need for booster doses of the vaccines for the general population.
I do not think this is true. I think it's more a matter of logistics, objectives and how much of what.

You got a 3rd dose, that would make it a full dose as the 1/2 does booster from Moderna is not yet available. Pfizer appears to want to give us a full dose booster.

Also in the pipeline are trials on a booster/Delta targeted vaccine.

J&J seems in even bigger flux.

Just this morning Israel relapsed a study that showed immunity "vanishes" by 6 months of Pfizer! Talk about alarming.

So I think it incorrect to say that the need for a booster in not settled. How to best proceed with the boosters and what kind, dose,.timing is the debate.

Peace

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Just this morning Israel relapsed a study that showed immunity "vanishes" by 6 months of Pfizer! Talk about alarming.
Which study is this? I'm not arguing with you or trying to call you out, I just want to read about it.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Which study is this? I'm not arguing with you or trying to call you out, I just want to read about it.
It was on my news feed this morning. The same source that was the first to show that the vaccine effectiveness drops dramatically VS Delta. I tried to retrieve it but my newsfeed does not offer links, I guess it's a way to stop people from leaving their feed.

I'll look again later. It will be on MSN in a few days typically if I can't find it tonight.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It was on my news feed this morning. The same source that was the first to show that the vaccine effectiveness drops dramatically VS Delta. I tried to retrieve it but my newsfeed does not offer links, I guess it's a way to stop people from leaving their feed.

I'll look again later. It will be on MSN in a few days typically if I can't find it tonight.
No biggie, I can probably find it. Part of the reason I asked is because I wasn't sure what you meant by "relapsed a study." I'm assuming you meant "released a study"?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Was it this study (now in review)?
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.27.21262679v1

Background: On July 30, 2021, a third (booster) dose of the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine was
approved in Israel for individuals 60 years or older who had been fully vaccinated (i.e., received
two doses) at least five months previously. Here, we estimate the reduction in relative risk for
confirmed infection and severe COVID-19 provided by the booster dose.

Methods: 1,144,690 individuals aged 60y and older who were eligible for a booster dose were
followed between July 30 and August 22, 2021. We defined dynamic cohorts where individuals
initially belong to the ‘non-booster’ cohort, leave it when receiving the booster dose and join
the ‘booster’ cohort 12 days later. Rates of infection and severe COVID-19 outcomes per
person-days at risk were compared between the cohorts using Poisson regression, adjusting
for possible confounding factors.

Results: Twelve days or more after the booster dose we found an 11.4-fold (95% CI: [10.0,
12.9]) decrease in the relative risk of confirmed infection, and a >10-fold decrease in the
relative risk of severe illness. Under a conservative sensitivity analysis, we find ≈5-fold
protection against confirmed infection.

Conclusions: In conjunction with safety reports, this study demonstrates the effectiveness of a
third vaccine dose in both reducing transmission and severe disease and indicates the great
potential of curtailing the Delta variant resurgence by administering booster shots.

Curious about the word "relapsed". Was that an auto-correct goof? If not, what did you mean when you said "Israel relapsed a study"?

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Was it this study (now in review)?
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.27.21262679v1

Background: On July 30, 2021, a third (booster) dose of the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine was
approved in Israel for individuals 60 years or older who had been fully vaccinated (i.e., received
two doses) at least five months previously. Here, we estimate the reduction in relative risk for
confirmed infection and severe COVID-19 provided by the booster dose.

Methods: 1,144,690 individuals aged 60y and older who were eligible for a booster dose were
followed between July 30 and August 22, 2021. We defined dynamic cohorts where individuals
initially belong to the ‘non-booster’ cohort, leave it when receiving the booster dose and join
the ‘booster’ cohort 12 days later. Rates of infection and severe COVID-19 outcomes per
person-days at risk were compared between the cohorts using Poisson regression, adjusting
for possible confounding factors.

Results: Twelve days or more after the booster dose we found an 11.4-fold (95% CI: [10.0,
12.9]) decrease in the relative risk of confirmed infection, and a >10-fold decrease in the
relative risk of severe illness. Under a conservative sensitivity analysis, we find ≈5-fold
protection against confirmed infection.

Conclusions: In conjunction with safety reports, this study demonstrates the effectiveness of a
third vaccine dose in both reducing transmission and severe disease and indicates the great
potential of curtailing the Delta variant resurgence by administering booster shots.

Curious about the word "relapsed". Was that an auto-correct goof? If not, what did you mean when you said "Israel relapsed a study"?
Not what I was referring to. Good links though.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
They do still recommend 2 breaths for every 30 compressions for adults, but they emphasize that the compressions are the most important thing to do. If you're dealing with children, or an adult who has had a cardiac event due to choking/drowning/etc then you NEED to do the breaths according to my most recent training.

We expire about 17% oxygen when we breathe, so all that oxygen must be building up behind the masks too.... :rolleyes:
Yep.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

All those 'symptoms' are what I expected and hoped for from a vaccine boost. ...
You mean that if you didn't get any symptoms you would have asked for a refund or get more until you got some. ;):D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

>>>Robert David Steele, the conspiracy theorist who organized a far-right event in Belfast in July and called COVID-19 a hoax, has reportedly died of the disease. . . . Known for anti-Semitic beliefs and falsely asserting that NASA operates a child slave colony on Mars, Steele was also a promoter of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy that centers on the baseless idea that former President Donald Trump will vanquish a shadowy cabal of Democratic pedophiles.<<<

Too bad this process is so slooooow.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It is true! They had to put the colony on Mars because we never landed on the moon!
The moon is too inhospitable and we also see the same face. Who knows what is on the far side? ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

Add Steele to the growing list of right wing and notably anti-vaccine radio talk show hosts who've been taking it on the chin lately. Five of them have recently died from COVID-19.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/09/anti-vax-radio-hosts-dying-covid

Marc Bernier (WNDB radio Daytona, FL) Aug 28

D!ck Farrel (Florida radio & Newsmax) Aug 4

Todd Tucker (radio programmer) Aug 11

Jimmy DeYoung (right-wing 'religious' radio host) Aug 17

Phil Valentine (WTN radio Nashville, TN)

And now Joe Rogan, another radio talker and anti-vaccine liar with chronic cranial-colonic inversion, has come down with COVID-19. He claims he’s throwing the kitchen sink at it, all kinds of meds, “monoclonal antibodies, ivermectin, Z-Pak, prednisone, everything. I also got an NAD drip and a vitamin drip.” But he won’t say if he’s been vaccinated or not. Ivermectin won’t affect COVID-19, but it could force his head out into the daylight.

So that score is Coronavirus 6 and Anti-Vaccine Team 0, with another possible virus run in scoring position.

The Delta virus now accounts for 1,500 deaths a day (7-day average). In early July the daily deaths were in the low 200s.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis