What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Onkyo TX-RZ50 will be delivered this week. Replacing an old Denon AVR-X4400H with no HDMI 2.1 or proper earc support. The TX-RZ50 will make a perfect gaming/media room AVR with its multiple HDMI 2.1 ports and 9 channels of power provided you have a small to medium space for it to fill. I wouldn't use it my home theater room with 11 channels on it's own but it does offer 11 pre-outs for those committed to external amplification. I plan to post an unboxing video and initial impressions video on my youtube channels once it arrives.

View attachment 50034

View attachment 50033
Where'd you pick it up at?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Those are locking connectors and I use the same ones; they are not welded to the connector itself I think. They may have a welded plug on the wire which fits into the connector, which are how the original WBTs are I believe, but the actual connection is still inserted, not welded to the plug itself.
If there like the ones I’ve seen and used myself they use a gold plated ferrules that are crimped on the twisted pairs then inserted into the plugs and tighten down . I borrowed a friend’s crimping tool to make mine it really mash’s the leads together to make a cold weld it really helped to tighten down the set screws up on the plugs . These are really nice cables when done just takes a little time and trial and error .

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Those are locking connectors and I use the same ones; they are not welded to the connector itself I think. They may have a welded plug on the wire which fits into the connector, which are how the original WBTs are I believe, but the actual connection is still inserted, not welded to the plug itself.
BJC uses ultra-sonic welding for the terminations.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
  • Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, with Welded Locking Bananas, Conventional (Non-Bi-Wire) Terminations, Grey Jacket, 10 Foot (Single Cable - for one Speaker); Assembled in The USA
Roll over image to zoom in

Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, with Welded Locking Bananas, Conventional (Non-Bi-Wire) Terminations, Grey Jacket, 10 Foot (Single Cable - for one Speaker);

Had to get some 10 foot cables to replace my 6 foot Audioquest Type 4 or Sewell Silverbacks with 10 foot runs. I didn't want to pay anywhere near the $$ for any Audioquest products. I like the Sewells ok but they were terminated with setscrews and I wanted soldered. Got these slightly used on amazon for just a bit more than 10 foot runs of the Sewells. And these are supposedly a welded termination. We shall see how they work out. (I do not expect any kind of sonic difference as these seem to be well made cables)
I have BJC for all my speakers except for my mains, I use Kimber Kable 8TC, purely for the looks. I like the sonic welds and locking banana plugs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I moved my center to a stand because with the new TV it doesn't fit below. My old cable was made for it being right above my amp with a super short run. I am out of 4S11 so I am thinking I might want to just order a terminated one from BJC.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I was quick to get in on the initial batch of AVScience pre-orders. More shipments look like they'll be several weeks to months away now.
When you get it set up, post up your thoughts. Inquiring minds would like to know, enjoy your new AVR!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The locking banana plugs you buy from Blue Jeans cable and other sources have twin set screws. When you buy the assembled cables from Blue Jeans Cable, their locking banana plugs are what they term as "welded" together with the wire.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5 Turbo Premium in Polymetal Gray Metallic...
IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

As for audio, the turbo engine (250hp, 320lb-ft torque) sounds pretty sweet! I don't know how much induction noise is "piped in" (some, I am sure, but less than the Mazda3 with the same power plant, which is pretty evident) but it does sound nice. Extremely quiet otherwise. It does have the Bose 12 speaker setup (more on that later) but I really think they got it right - very impressed with this generation.

Here is Doug's quick review to give you an idea (funny - he never mentions the sound system in any of his reviews):

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5 Turbo Premium in Polymetal Gray Metallic...
View attachment 50058
View attachment 50059
View attachment 50060
View attachment 50061
As for audio, the turbo engine (250hp, 320lb-ft torque) sounds pretty sweet! I don't know how much induction noise is "piped in" (some, I am sure, but less than the Mazda3 with the same power plant, which is pretty evident) but it does sound nice. Extremely quiet otherwise. It does have the Bose 12 speaker setup (more on that later) but I really think they got it right - very impressed with this generation.

Here is Doug's quick review to give you an idea (funny - he never mentions the sound system in any of his reviews):
Absolutely LOVE that color!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Bought a QNAP NAS. a TVS-872XT specifically. Got in on the e-fleebay in great condition for 1/2 price.

Additional items were added later:
8x 14TB SATA Hard drives - for storing lots and lots of Linux ISOs ;)
2x Micron M2 800GB NVMe SSDs for caching
2x 32GB memory by Crucial - for VMs and Containers.
1x Emulex 2xSFP+ dual 10gig network card

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ordered a 6ft bluejeans speaker cable for my cente. Canare 4S11 with the welded locking bananas.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis