M

Mojo Warrior

Audiophyte
So much coronavirus disinformation.

Coronaviruses are endemic to mammals and can be found around the World. Your dog or cat can carry the virus (zoonoses). So can tigers, minks, lions, etc. It is also a common human virus. However, it has mutated (that's what viruses naturally do) to a more lethal form. All lifeforms naturally mutate.

Covid-19 (aka SARS-2) is the third coronavirus pandemic in the past 20 years. Were those "biological weapons" ? No evidence, therefore can be dismissed without discussion (Hitchen's Razor).

There is as much "proof" that the Coronavirus came from Italy as China. In other words, NONE. This is called Xenophobia. Scientists, from around the World, have been investigating coronaviruses because they are commonly involved in pandemics because of their global distribution. This is what any responsible government should be doing, it's called science.

Covid-19 is a pathetic "biological weapon". Far less deadly or contagious than Ebola, Zika, HIV or Hantavirus. All are viruses that occur in nature. What made Covid-19 deadly was human ignorance, stupidity and avarice.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
So much coronavirus disinformation.

Coronaviruses are endemic to mammals and can be found around the World. Your dog or cat can carry the virus. So can tigers, minks, lions, etc. It is also a common human virus. However, it has mutated (that's what viruses naturally do) to a more lethal form. All lifeforms naturally mutate.
Greetings Mojo Warrior :).

I agree with what you say about Covid-19 and the virus that causes it. In particular, I agree that the SARS-CoV-2 virus makes for a very poor biological weapon.
Covid-19 (aka SARS-2) is the third coronavirus pandemic in the past 20 years.
However, I might quibble with your use of the word pandemic. Covid-19 is the third coronavirus outbreak in the past 20 years. The other two, SARS and MERS never became widespread enough to be considered a pandemic.

Welcome to the Steam Vent :cool:!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And on the Fla Front. In the Orlando area, The city of Winter Park " Amid spiking coronavirus cases throughout Florida caused by the delta variant, Winter Park is giving its unvaccinated city employees an ultimatum next month: submit negative test results weekly or take unpaid leave ".
Vice Mayor Carolyn Cooper said she won’t hesitate to vote in favor of a vaccine mandate.

“This is not a political statement, it’s an intelligence test,” she said. “As a service organization, our main job is to interface with our residents. This is a public safety issue.”

Until next time, as Fla Turns :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
In particular, I agree that the SARS-CoV-2 virus makes for a very poor biological weapon.
However, I might quibble with your use of the word pandemic. Covid-19 is the third coronavirus outbreak in the past 20 years. The other two, SARS and MERS never became widespread enough to be considered a pandemic.

Welcome to the Steam Vent :cool:!
I don't know, a disease causing most of the world to shut down seems to have been a pretty strong weapon. They were already the main supplier to much of the world, people in the US don't really want to go back to work, so they'll string everyone along and raise prices to the point where they gain even more from it.

MERS and SARS didn't come from gain of function research, which is one difference from what has been said about COVID.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I feel like when places started putting "no shirt, no shoes, no service" signs in front of their business people like this had a fit. Then they "boycotted" the businesses they aren't even allowed to enter.

It's like way back when I used to work retail and customers would say "I won't ever be coming back" and when I'd tell them "thank you" they got quite upset.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
An interesting comparison between "vaccine hesitant" and "vaccine refusers".
Typical 'vaccine hesitant' person is a 42-year-old Ontario woman who votes Liberal: Abacus polling - Macleans.ca

This statement jumped out at me:
Two thirds (of the hesitant) have post-secondary education. They might be timid, but they’re not stupid.
Stereotypes such as this one bug me to know end. While post-secondary education can indicate some degree of smarts, it's certainly no guarantor. Nor does the lack of higher education indicate a shortage of intelligence.

Regardless, some interesting data in this poll.

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
So my mother in law is in the medical field but works from home and her company is going to force all employees to get the vaccine. If someone requests a religious exemption they will require third party verification. Doesn’t matter what anyone’s opinion is on this matter in America we enjoy religious freedom. There are some companies that will end up writing some very large checks to people.

I wonder if I could get hired by one of these companies, lie and say I’m not vaccinated for religious reasons then sue them for all the tea in China when I’m wrongfully terminated? I’ve looked into lots of get rich quick schemes but this looks promising and I shouldn’t have a hard time finding a lawyer that wants 30%.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, COVID was the number one cause of Line of Duty deaths in 2020 (240 of 369), and it leads in 2021 (96 of 198). Gunfire was second in 2020 (45) and it is second so far in 2021 (37).

T

TankTop5

I beg to differ.....

"It's a democratic hoax!"
The WH Lawn Party
The Woodward Tapes
Disappearing for two months after the election
and obviously Jan. 6th
It’s a democratic hoax. Every political party will spin anything they can to pander to their base.

Woodward tapes. He ran the country like a CEO and tried to downplay it to blunt the panic and economic repercussions. Was it stupid, of course but not criminal or intentionally immoral but anti trumpers will fall on their swords debating things like this.

White House lawn party. No clue what you’re talking about.

Jan 6th. Very stupid what he said but there’s no rational reason Trump would actually want people’s to storm the White House. Courts will have to prove intent which is impossible unless someone has him on tape saying he is staging a coupe with hillbilly protesters. Fast forward that tape and Marines murder all of them in 30 minutes flat, Trump has most definitely had security briefings and is well aware of what type of response the military can mount to a takeover of the White House. Anyway on Jan 6 there was massive security monitoring inside the White House and high ranking military officials debating on whether or not to murder a bunch of Americans, something that ranks at the very bottom of their list of things to do that day.

Slow down and think through the things you’re suggesting and their implications. These delusions just simply don’t pass the smell test.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So my mother in law is in the medical field but works from home and her company is going to force all employees to get the vaccine. If someone requests a religious exemption they will require third party verification. Doesn’t matter what anyone’s opinion is on this matter in America we enjoy religious freedom. There are some companies that will end up writing some very large checks to people.
Freedom of religion does not mean free to infect everyone else with a deadly disease, though I'm sure that vaccine mandates are legally troublesome (not only in USA).

I wonder if I could get hired by one of these companies, lie [bold added] and say I’m not vaccinated for religious reasons then sue them for all the tea in China when I’m wrongfully terminated? I’ve looked into lots of get rich quick schemes but this looks promising and I shouldn’t have a hard time finding a lawyer that wants 30%.
Isn't that committing fraud you are wondering about?

T

TankTop5

Freedom of religion does not mean free to infect everyone else with a deadly disease, though I'm sure that vaccine mandates are legally troublesome (not only in USA).

Isn't that committing fraud you are wondering about?
Freedom of Religion is a freedom that has many deep implications but is foundational to America and no disease trumps it. You can debate endlessly whether or not people should exercise their religious freedoms in that manner but ultimately it’s their decision alone.

The second part was obviously tongue in cheek but there are undoubtedly people and lawyers trying to figure out how to pull it off, I am not one of them.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Agree 100% (responding to "Freedom of religion does not mean free to infect everyone else with a deadly disease")
I believe this was meant as opinion, not a statement of law. Nevertheless, the law is consistent with this view. States can carve out religious exemptions, but they are not required to do so under the U.S. Constitution.

There's an old adage to the effect that your right to swing your fists ends just where my nose begins. Or, more broadly, my liberty ends where yours begins.

>>>As vaccination developments evolved, the law did, too. Britain was the first country to mandate vaccines in 1853, requiring babies to be inoculated against smallpox. Two years later, Massachusetts became the first state to use its police powers to require smallpox vaccinations. When, some 50 years later during a smallpox outbreak, the vaccination requirement was challenged, the U.S. Supreme Court in Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905) held that there is no constitutional right for every person to be free of every restraint; rather, all persons, as a condition of citizenry, could be subjected to some form of restraint for the public good. Accordingly, the country’s first objection to mandatory vaccination was defeated.

Almost two decades later, the Supreme Court in Zucht v. King (1922) upheld a Texas school exclusion law that denied school enrollment to unvaccinated children. And in 1944, the Supreme Court in Prince v. Massachusetts (1944) again made clear that the state’s interest in public safety takes priority over religious freedom and the right to family privacy. Thus, time and again, the use of a state’s police power to uphold public health has taken priority over the right to privacy or to religious freedom or to education. Accordingly, over the next several decades, because of the ease, speed, and deadly consequences of disease transmission in schools, every single state came to enact some form of mandatory vaccination requirement, along with a school exclusion sanction for unvaccinated children. . . .

Religious exemptions. Most states also provide a religious exemption, though five currently do not: California, Maine, Mississippi, West Virginia, and now New York, which eliminated religious exemptions this year in response to a massive measles outbreak believed to have originated in religious communities in Brooklyn and other New York counties. Numerous other states are following suit by considering legislative reforms to end their own religious exemptions. <<<

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I wonder if I could get hired by one of these companies, lie and say I’m not vaccinated for religious reasons then sue them for all the tea in China when I’m wrongfully terminated? I’ve looked into lots of get rich quick schemes but this looks promising and I shouldn’t have a hard time finding a lawyer that wants 30%.
Here's the thing about this. I do agree that everyone has religious freedom. That freedom is something that can never go away. However, if a requirement for a job is that you have to get a vaccine, which at any hospital is a requirement, you have to understand that not getting one means you're forfeiting your position. A lot of people sign a document saying as much. The issue is that we have a lot of people abusing the religious exemption for things which isn't right. They're just trying to get away with things. This undermines people that have a legit exemption. That's not OK.

With the way some of these policies work, people could just say they belong to the church of no-vaxx and be done with it. It gets very murky because of the abuse to this exemption.

It's kind of like people being able to buy a service dog vest when they don't have an actual service dog. That's not fair to people that have legit service animals and shouldn't be allowed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis