T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
In case it wasn't obvious. From a youtuber.....

Rand Paul is a practising politician. He has practiced ophthalmology. A medical specialty that means he has zero training or special authority in the fields of virology or epidemiology. Just because someone is a doctor (in this case, someone who has a lapsed certification and tried to self-certify, which is considered invalid by many hospitals and insurance companies) does not mean they are an expert in all things medical, nor are an expert with anything of value to say. I'm not saying he's not a good ophthalmologist. He might be the man to go to for some LASIK. I don't know. I'm just saying medical specialties are exactly that: highly specialized. He lacks the necessary education and experience in this particular case. And there may be some bias in his messaging because of his political position and desire to win reelection. As I said, right now he's a practising politician. That is his focus. BTW, I'm not sure how disagreeing with Paul's political game playing and misinformation that goes against the majority consensus of medical professionals in the relevant fields of expertise (he is literally going against what medical doctors say) necessarily makes someone a "leftist". Is there some rule that says people must walk in lock-step with any Party official instead of exercising their own will? What happened to freedom of thought?
I’m of the opinion (he’s acting like a fool) that masks are bulshkavik and it’s not that they don’t work it’s that the vast majority of people who use them do so incorrectly. Most people carry a useless cloth mask around in their pocket or purse next to money, wallet, cellphone and handle the mask before and after picking their nose, butt, touching doorknobs etc… In my humble opinion these people have become super spreaders with their horrific personal hygiene and cross contamination it’s better to do nothing than wear a mask for most.

Social distancing and vaccines are the best course of action but there is no rational for masks. That is unless you use a new mask every time you’re around people and discard it after then wash your hands with antibacterial soup containing 70% alcohol for at least 20 seconds as directed by the CDC.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What happened to freedom of thought?
Where have you been? Freedom of thought died years ago. Free speech is on oxygen.

Paul can say whatever he wants and it's like social media- it will affect those who can be affected by it- everyone else will ignore/disbelieve it but how is his thinking that it's time to resist any different from the resistance in the '60s?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I’m of the opinion (he’s acting like a fool) that masks are bulshkavik and it’s not that they don’t work it’s that the vast majority of people who use them do so incorrectly. Most people carry a useless cloth mask around in their pocket or purse next to money, wallet, cellphone and handle the mask before and after picking their nose, butt, touching doorknobs etc… In my humble opinion these people have become super spreaders with their horrific personal hygiene and cross contamination it’s better to do nothing than wear a mask for most.

Social distancing and vaccines are the best course of action but there is no rational for masks. That is unless you use a new mask every time you’re around people and discard it after then wash your hands with antibacterial soup containing 70% alcohol for at least 20 seconds as directed by the CDC.
If washed properly, alcohol isn't really needed- soap breaks down the virus' outer lipid layer and it dies, from what I have read. That may be wrong, but it was from doctors, so I trust it more than if it came from some basement-dweller on the internet.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Nice post by @Swerd in another thread. Please take it at heart.

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
In case it wasn't obvious. From a youtuber.....

Rand Paul is a practising politician. He has practiced ophthalmology. A medical specialty that means he has zero training or special authority in the fields of virology or epidemiology. Just because someone is a doctor (in this case, someone who has a lapsed certification and tried to self-certify, which is considered invalid by many hospitals and insurance companies) does not mean they are an expert in all things medical, nor are an expert with anything of value to say. I'm not saying he's not a good ophthalmologist. He might be the man to go to for some LASIK. I don't know. I'm just saying medical specialties are exactly that: highly specialized. He lacks the necessary education and experience in this particular case. And there may be some bias in his messaging because of his political position and desire to win reelection. As I said, right now he's a practising politician. That is his focus. BTW, I'm not sure how disagreeing with Paul's political game playing and misinformation that goes against the majority consensus of medical professionals in the relevant fields of expertise (he is literally going against what medical doctors say) necessarily makes someone a "leftist". Is there some rule that says people must walk in lock-step with any Party official instead of exercising their own will? What happened to freedom of thought?
Rand Paul is a disgrace to the medical profession and America.

If masks are ineffective, ask yourself why is everyone in an operating room required to wear a mask? Is it because they don't work? This is the false narrative of the ignorant.

T

TankTop5

If washed properly, alcohol isn't really needed- soap breaks down the virus' outer lipid layer and it dies, from what I have read. That may be wrong, but it was from doctors, so I trust it more than if it came from some basement-dweller on the internet.
I’m good with that but you’re supposed to wash every time you remove (or touch, I’m adding that part) your mask and discard it after. We’ve lowered our standards on masks but that didn’t change the science and a cloth mask is like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.

T

TankTop5

Mayo Clinic:

• Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on your mask.
  • Place your mask over your mouth and nose and chin.
  • Tie it behind your head or use ear loops. Make sure it's snug.
  • Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
  • If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
  • If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can get rid of it or wash it.
  • Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
  • Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
  • Regularly wash cloth masks in the washing machine or by hand. (They can be washed along with other laundry.)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I’m good with that but you’re supposed to wash every time you remove (or touch, I’m adding that part) your mask and discard it after. We’ve lowered our standards on masks but that didn’t change the science and a cloth mask is like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.
From your posts it's clear that you don't want to use a mask (for whatever reason) but writing in a post above that "masks are bulshkavik" [sic] gives you away.

T

TankTop5

From your posts it's clear that you don't want to use a mask (for whatever reason) but writing in a post above that "masks are bulshkavik" [sic] gives you away.
You’re right I don’t want to wear masks

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You’re right I don’t want to wear masks
And your reasons for this is clearly political like so many others in USA, and that persistent attitude to anything that helps against spreading of the pandemic has caused many deaths and will cause many more. Intermingled with this is religion resulting in a toxic blend of white supremacy, far right politics and evangelical Protestantism.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Mayo Clinic:

• Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on your mask.
  • Place your mask over your mouth and nose and chin.
  • Tie it behind your head or use ear loops. Make sure it's snug.
  • Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
  • If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
  • If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can get rid of it or wash it.
  • Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
  • Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
  • Regularly wash cloth masks in the washing machine or by hand. (They can be washed along with other laundry.)
Touching it with your hands spreads it around more than wearing it?

T

TankTop5

And your reasons for this is clearly political like so many others in USA, and that persistent attitude to anything that helps against spreading of the pandemic has caused many deaths and will cause many more. Intermingled with this is religion resulting in a toxic blend of white supremacy, far right politics and evangelical Protestantism.
That’s silly, I’m not politically motivated by my decision making process, it’s simply common sense.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
They'll need to test this combination- the unintended interactions could be dangerous.
There have been a number of smaller studies mixing and matching vaccines but I haven’t seen any directly on point (2 Pfizer followed by Moderna booster). The CDC authorized a 3rd mRNA shot in those with compromised immune systems and the 3rd does not have to be the same as the first 2, but only if the same vaccine is not available for the third.

I’ve had 2 Pfizer jabs and I suspect that I’ll probably be exposed to the Delta variant at some point. I don’t have a compromised immune system (as far as I know). On the other hand, if a 3rd Moderna jab is at some point proven to be both safe and more effective against the Delta variant I’d probably get it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That’s silly, I’m not politically motivated by my decision making process, it’s simply common sense.
Dude, we do read your posts in this thread (and others, we remember), and you've even got some very nice replies with posters spending much time to find excellent references to kindly rebutting your claims while asking for references for yours. You did not even bother to answer but do carry on spouting nonsense.

You're not arguing in good faith.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Dude, we do read your posts in this thread (and others, we remember), and you've even got some very nice replies with posters spending much time to find excellent references to kindly rebutting your claims while asking for references for yours. You did not even bother to answer but do carry on spouting nonsense.

He can’t.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There have been a number of smaller studies mixing and matching vaccines but I haven’t seen any directly on point (2 Pfizer followed by Moderna booster). The CDC authorized a 3rd mRNA shot in those with compromised immune systems and the 3rd does not have to be the same as the first 2, but only if the same vaccine is not available for the third.
If you find any publications talking about that, please link it to us. I saw the recent news story that the Moderna vaccine looses less imunity over time than the Pfizer vaccine. What I read didn't make much sense, and left me scratching my head. Basically, I was surprised that there was such a difference between the two.
I’ve had 2 Pfizer jabs and I suspect that I’ll probably be exposed to the Delta variant at some point. I don’t have a compromised immune system (as far as I know). On the other hand, if a 3rd Moderna jab is at some point proven to be both safe and more effective against the Delta variant I’d probably get it.
We all will be exposed to the Delta variant, if we haven't already.

Last March-April, I got two jabs of the Moderna vaccine, and my wife got the Pfizer. I am also moderately immune-compromised because of medication I take to suppress an auto-immune disease. I don't yet know what the details are about which immune-compromised people get first priority for a 3rd dose. And, I also don't yet know which flavor vaccine will be used. I aim to find out asap.

In Maryland, no effort was made to prioritize people for vaccination, other than by age. It is my guess that this will be repeated now – people will only need to claim (but not prove) that they need a 3rd dose due to a fully or partially impaired immune response.

T

TankTop5

Do you follow the CDC guidelines on properly wearing a mask?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There seems to be a major disconnect when the GOP demands a national voter ID, but insists that there be no vaccine IDs.

A cartoon by Jeff Danziger of the Rutland Herald (in Vermont)
1628960881650.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis