Tool's New Album, Finally!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well crap. I guess I need to re-up my sub for the good TOOL stuff. Are they videos we've pretty much all seen or do they have some stuff from the new album?
It’s the other albums. But it’s cool to watch them all the way thru.

It’s missing the Opiate video but that one isn’t like the others that have the stop motion.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hmm these are censored versions of the videos on Amazon music. I don’t remember the ones on the discs being censored.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Somehow I missed this. I fixed it for you tho!
Thanks brother. I really didn’t word that how I meant it anyway. Danny is always amazing and an inspiration. Can you imagine if Danny and nicko mcbrain traded spots?
Iron TOOL!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks brother. I really didn’t word that how I meant it anyway. Danny is always amazing and an inspiration. Can you imagine if Danny and nicko mcbrain traded spots?
Iron TOOL!!!
Iron TOOL... that's frigging awesome! lol

You know, I know what you mean when you say Danny's style doesn't necessarily mesh with those other bands, but I would argue that he's fully capable of dumbing down or adapting his playing and would make it work, and work well. He's one of those guys who are just as comfortable using a 3 piece kit in a jazz trio or the massive set he has for playing in a prog metal band like TOOL.

Plus he's my hero and he can do it all! :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some news from the rumor mill! This guy aggregated some info hinting at the possibility of a new album soon. Also talk of releasing a vinyl copy of Fear Inoculum that's "all analog", whatever that means. I believe he's referring to the master being analog? Not sure, it's in the video tho.

Like I said, it's just some speculation based on clips from recent interviews but one can hope. They do have a shitload of unused material and riffs left off from other albums and some new stuff too. Danny flat out said if they're gonna do it they need to do it soon because he's not getting any younger. To play for TOOL you need to be able to attack the drums a certain way. If it takes another ten years he's not sure if he'll be able to pick up the sticks still...

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Some news from the rumor mill! This guy aggregated some info hinting at the possibility of a new album soon. Also talk of releasing a vinyl copy of Fear Inoculum that's "all analog", whatever that means. I believe he's referring to the master being analog? Not sure, it's in the video tho.

Like I said, it's just some speculation based on clips from recent interviews but one can hope. They do have a shitload of unused material and riffs left off from other albums and some new stuff too. Danny flat out said if they're gonna do it they need to do it soon because he's not getting any younger. To play for TOOL you need to be able to attack the drums a certain way. If it takes another ten years he's not sure if he'll be able to pick up the sticks still...

I have Lateralus on vinyl and cd. I do prefer cd, especially for the repeat button, but vinyl is fun too.

Glad to hear Danny smacking them around. Neil Peart definitely felt his age and you can see it, starting with the paired down Snakes and Arrows drum kit. I don't think Danny wants to go that route....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have Lateralus on vinyl and cd. I do prefer cd, especially for the repeat button, but vinyl is fun too.

Glad to hear Danny smacking them around. Neil Peart definitely felt his age and you can see it, starting with the paired down Snakes and Arrows drum kit. I don't think Danny wants to go that route....
Hey, if I had a table I'd want whatever vinyl they had I could get my hands on too. I think it could be a fun new way to experience some old music I love. I love a lot of other bands too but TOOL are in a category by themselves. No other band has grabbed me like they do. Well, part of it is I dabbled in drumming for a few years. I never got great at it, but learned enough to understand the complexity of his playing. Speaking of Neil, you can hear some of his influence in Danny's playing.

Okay, putting on my speculation hat I think they might have 1 more album in them (maybe a double?). Then maybe they'll start releasing stuff from their archive. Just for starters Danny said in that video they've recorded every single concert. I'd absolutely buy a 5.1 Blu Ray mix of TOOL in concert!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, if I had a table I'd want whatever vinyl they had I could get my hands on too. I think it could be a fun new way to experience some old music I love. I love a lot of other bands too but TOOL are in a category by themselves. No other band has grabbed me like they do. Well, part of it is I dabbled in drumming for a few years. I never got great at it, but learned enough to understand the complexity of his playing. Speaking of Neil, you can hear some of his influence in Danny's playing.

Okay, putting on my speculation hat I think they might have 1 more album in them (maybe a double?). Then maybe they'll start releasing stuff from their archive. Just for starters Danny said in that video they've recorded every single concert. I'd absolutely buy a 5.1 Blu Ray mix of TOOL in concert!
OTOH when I first heard tool there was no vinyl option I was aware of...nor did I care. Having had vinyl, and still having vinyl, I still wouldn't buy this on vinyl....just don't see any reason to even if I have the gear.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
OTOH when I first heard tool there was no vinyl option I was aware of...nor did I care. Having had vinyl, and still having vinyl, I still wouldn't buy this on vinyl....just don't see any reason to even if I have the gear.
Not even to put under your pillow when you go to bed at night..? :(

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
LOL just can't imagine it doing justice to it :) Did I get too rough on the beave?
Don't worry, I'm not falling to the dark side! Nah, I'm just a big enough fan to want all the TOOL stuff.

Except the stupid expensive stuff. I got my neighbor, yardsale Bob, for some of that. He shows up at my door with boxes of cds from time to time and sometimes he finds some cool stuff. I return the favor when I get something new too, but he's always on the hunt. He hits yardsales and garage sales every Saturday.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja

For sure! Tool has always been a close favorite of mine, just not as much as Rush, but darn close! I think Danny did a couple interviews after Neil's passing and really paid homage. I love that Vic Firth sponsored video of 'Pneuma', it sounded like Neil in several segments too, and it's fun to watch drumming only.

I think if Danny is making public comments about needing to pump out a final album, we should anticipate it. And know that it will cost waaaaay too much for the first 6 months after release, and then be normally priced. LOL

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
It's definitely a collectors item, but with Alex Grey's artwork on every album from Lateralus forward, it's just too cool to have a much larger than CD size of his wild paintings.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just found this thread.

I sure hope that they're gearing up for at least 1 more album. They're not getting any younger (Danny is 59), and the way they play is a young man's game.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just found this thread.

I sure hope that they're gearing up for at least 1 more album. They're not getting any younger (Danny is 59), and the way they play is a young man's game.
Told you I'm a huge fan!

Yes, I really hope they make at least 1 more album. Danny is definitely the senior of the group, but none of them are getting any younger at this point. God, it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago TOOL was a pretty new band. They've been around almost 30 years now... :oops:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe I will get to eventually see them when they start concerts back up. Covid hit right before I was supposed to see them on the Fear Inoculum tour.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe I will get to eventually see them when they start concerts back up. Covid hit right before I was supposed to see them on the Fear Inoculum tour.
They are absolutely worth the two days of hearing loss I suffered after seeing them like 15 years ago.

(seriously tho, bring ear plugs! It's not just the band, but the band having to be turned up to even be heard over the ENTIRE audience singing along)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got to see A Perfect Circle before Covid, then the Inoculum came out and I bought tix right away for that because I've seen APC twice and never Tool. They did not offer the option of holding the tix, it was canceled.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's definitely a collectors item, but with Alex Grey's artwork on every album from Lateralus forward, it's just too cool to have a much larger than CD size of his wild paintings.
Have you ever looked for more home-sized versions for framing, etc?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
They are absolutely worth the two days of hearing loss I suffered after seeing them like 15 years ago.

(seriously tho, bring ear plugs! It's not just the band, but the band having to be turned up to even be heard over the ENTIRE audience singing along)
Sadly, I've never gotten the opportunity to see them live.

I've seen probably close to 300 bands live though. Including Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, God Smack, Motorhead etc etc etc The loudest live band I've ever seen, is a 2 piece called Black Pistol Fire.

My son and I went to this 3 day live music festival in 2019. It was a strange mix of music. Friday night was a folksy blues night. Not my type of music per se, but it was cool. Saturday was a rock/hard rock night. Sunday was a pop/Hip hop/rap night. The last 3 bands to play were Smash Mouth, Sublime with Rome and Snoop D-o-double-G :D

Anyway on the Saturday night the headliner was Incubus, but the band that opened for them was Black Pistol Fire. My son and I had Pitt passes, so we were right up to the stage. We were trying to communicate at one point during their set, and we were literally Shoulder to shoulder yelling at each other and could not hear each other. It was an insane level of volume. My ears were ringing for 5 days after that weekend.

If you ever get the chance to see those guys, I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis