Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Fear Inoculum Ultra Deluxe Vinyl Tracklist:
Disc 1:“Fear Inoculum” and “Pneuma”
Disc 2: “Invincible”
Disc 3: “Legion Inoculant” and “Descending”
Disc 4: “Culling Voices” “Chocolate Chip Trip”
Disc 5: “7empest” and “Mockingbeat”

Jeez. "Invincible" gets its own disc! I guess one of them had to since it's an odd number.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Fear Inoculum Ultra Deluxe Vinyl Tracklist:
Disc 1:“Fear Inoculum” and “Pneuma”
Disc 2: “Invincible”
Disc 3: “Legion Inoculant” and “Descending”
Disc 4: “Culling Voices” “Chocolate Chip Trip”
Disc 5: “7empest” and “Mockingbeat”

Jeez. "Invincible" gets its own disc! I guess one of them had to since it's an odd number.
Brother pogey!!!!! How are you man?

I think it would’ve been cool to have seven records since so much of the album is in seven. Maybe one of the records could be a chocolate chip cookie? Lol I remember reading that while Danny was writing CCT it was partially a tribute, but I’ll be dipped in doo doo if I can remember who… Someone a lot older than me I guess lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Brother pogey!!!!! How are you man?

I think it would’ve been cool to have seven records since so much of the album is in seven. Maybe one of the records could be a chocolate chip cookie? Lol I remember reading that while Danny was writing CCT it was partially a tribute, but I’ll be dipped in doo doo if I can remember who… Someone a lot older than me I guess lol.
Hey man! Hanging in there still. I can't believe I'm considering buying this album... :oops:

I dunno, I haven't pulled the trigger yet. You gonna bite? It does have some collector value for fanboys like us...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm seriously considering ordering like 5 copies then resell 3 or 4 on eBay for a grand apiece... I ain't even kidding. I have plenty of room on my cc for it. Seems like every time stuff like this sells out you see it for sale on eBay jacked up 5x the price.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think the resale thing could turn out awesome. I’m not buying, no. It’s beautiful and well done, but I don’t got no TT.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Damn. That looks awesome. My wife would kill me though, especially since I don't even own a TT. Not to mention the fact that we owe ~60k (yes, 60k) in taxes this year. Ugggghhhhh.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn. That looks awesome. My wife would kill me though, especially since I don't even own a TT. Not to mention the fact that we owe ~60k (yes, 60k) in taxes this year. Ugggghhhhh.
I just got a TT not long ago. A friend gifted it to me for the cost of shipping it and I don't really even own any records, lol. My wife has a stack of old 45s but thats about it. This album would be fun for me but it's a little too pricey.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While specially cut vinyl (limited tracks, higher speed) might be interesting on vinyl, still can't imagine it's worth the investment. If the vinyl is better somehow, that just means they're screwing up on the digital mastering IMO.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While specially cut vinyl (limited tracks, higher speed) might be interesting on vinyl, still can't imagine it's worth the investment. If the vinyl is better somehow, that just means they're screwing up on the digital mastering IMO.
So that is a thing then? Like a 33 size disc that you play back at 45 for higher resolution sound?

And yes, I get that even at that it still wouldn't be superior to my digital copies.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Holy crap. They announced an ultra deluxe signed edition package for $810 first! Jesus christ man. That said the not so deluxe version is $170 and those are all vinyl discs in the image. Pretty cool but now I wonder why there are 5 of them? Because it's such a long album it takes 5 vinyl discs for all of it? Does it have something to do with resolution too? Do more grooves = more detail = higher resolution vinyl? Or is it just a long album that requires 5 discs?

As for what you get for your $169.98, the set comprises five 180g vinyl LPs that are each emblazoned with a unique etching, along with a pictorial booklet containing never-before-seen artwork and a hard-shell box — all conceptualized by guitarist Adam Jones.

Wowee o_O Buy Buy Buy!:cool: Hi Pogre long time no see u post. Hope all is well.
_20220227_100515.JPG

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wowee o_O Buy Buy Buy!:cool: Hi Pogre long time no see u post. Hope all is well.
I was wondering if you'd show up! I was gonna summon you, lol.

You remember that Tool album I ordered a while back? I ended up canceling it after reading a few reviews and looking at the description better. The albums were showing up loose in a bag, sleeveless and covered in dust. Some comments on substandard cutting or something too... anyhow it looked like garbage so I canceled.

What I mean to say is, I still don't have any albums of my own and this would be awesome! $170 tho! I just spent a bunch on a new tablet and some decent wireless earbuds man. My cc hasn't even cooled off from that yet... lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, this blew up a bit.

I'm excited for it and the only real reason I ordered it is that I've missed out on every special edition of every album so far. Including Fear Inoculum. I got a cool release on CD, but I want this one just because I think it's cool.

I have a console player I'm going to someday restore, but that's the only TT that will probably ever be used. I may consider getting another one and stealing all of my mom's vinyl she still has. I've got some from my grandparents that's pretty cool.

Nothing like this though.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I posted that last night right before going to bed. I'm listening to it again right now. This is a completely reimagined and much longer version of the song "Opiate" from their very first release. It's pretty badass.

Man oh man... they need to get off the stick and produce a new album before Danny's too geriatric to play anymore!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Choices always were a problem for you
What you need is someone strong to guide you
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow
What you need is someone strong to guide you

Like me
Like me
Like me
Like me

You are broken but faith can heal you
Just do everything I tell you to do

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I desperately hope they put out one more album too! I saw an interview where they discussed the potential and it sounded like they would do it if lined up with all of their schedules. But their song writing routine is pretty time consuming so...... here's hoping!

Oh and thanks Pogre for sharing this new version!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Different, but I like it.

I would 100% buy an album that's just their current songs re-imagined like this version of Opiate and the Salvial version of Pushit.

EthicalEar

EthicalEar

Junior Audioholic
I pre-ordered on March 2nd. Will get in April. I'm an idiot for spending the money. But it is a must have Vinyl. CD book is cool, can't wait to spin it. I won't try spinning it backwards but wondering...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis