Getting That Itch Again...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh wow! Gives me hope for when I move my little PB-1000 nearfield. Encouraging news.
I honestly can't imagine what is going on at your house. My buddy has crazy PSA subs and those things that shake the couch and that's the craziest bass I ever experienced.
Got a progress report..?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Got a progress report..?
Well it's complicated. I bought a nice Mediabrige 25 foot sub cable. Busted my hump getting the sub behind the couch which was not easy and immediately did not like the idea of a 25 cable across the floor so I never tried it in the end. I don't want to spend 120 bucks on a wireless system from SVS at the moment so I'm at status quo at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well it's complicated. I bought a nice Mediabrige 25 foot sub cable. Busted my hump getting the sub behind the couch which was not easy and immediately did not like the idea of a 25 cable across the floor so I never tried it in the end. I don't want to spend 120 bucks on a wireless system from SVS at the moment so I'm at status quo at the moment.

I don't get it!
I say try it (with your cord across the room on a temporary basis) and then determine if it is worth the $120 for a wireless system (whether you do it this week or next year is up to you, but once you try it you can determine if it is an objective)!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy... we just got a nice inheritance check. Not a life changing amount or anything, but enough for me to get another toy! That said, why the truck is this ad still up?? I got really stoked when I saw it, goddamnit. It's already sold. Shows up in the search like it's still available tho!

I would just love to find me another one of those! I don't wanna spend over 3k for it tho...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Oh boy... we just got a nice inheritance check. Not a life changing amount or anything, but enough for me to get another toy! That said, why the truck is this ad still up?? I got really stoked when I saw it, goddamnit. It's already sold. Shows up in the search like it's still available tho!

I would just love to find me another one of those! I don't wanna spend over 3k for it tho...
I seriously don't think you have much more to gain besides bragging rights. :D You already have distortion free bass at major SPL. Where would it go? Replace the HSU's up front? Then you'll need a third one for near field! ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

This next one I'll drive down theyre and snatch that buy right out from under you!!! ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I seriously don't think you have much more to gain besides bragging rights. :D You already have distortion free bass at major SPL. Where would it go? Replace the HSU's up front? Then you'll need a third one for near field! ;)
Two 1212s up front and the two HSUs behind me!

You know, a nice pro amp would be nice too. The one I'm using is sufficient, but has a blown channel and less than half the power my sub is rated for...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
PLUS... It would put me 1 step closer to my endgame speakers. A pair of SVTR towers!

image_large2 (1).jpeg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That audio addiction is fatal my friend.
Oh god, it really is. I'd sell my soul for a full on set of SVTRS' with matching center and surrounds.

RBH-2_copy_840x639.jpg

That's FOUR SV-1212NRs! I think I even have the room to leave them stacked, tho I'd likely put the top ones somewhere more strategic. Then I could move the MK5s to the back for a total of *gulp* SIX monster subwoofers in my room! I legit have the room for all of it too. It's a huge great room layout with kitchen and dining behind me. I mean, the towers would definitely dominate one side of the room, but they wouldn't be in the way. The MK5s will fit either in the dining room or both right behind the couch. I could easiliy turn those into a little table, and they also wouldn't be in the way.

I've already put way too much thought into this... lol.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oh god, it really is. I'd sell my soul for a full on set of SVTRS' with matching center and surrounds.

View attachment 48270

That's FOUR SV-1212NRs! I think I even have the room to leave them stacked, tho I'd likely put the top ones somewhere more strategic. Then I could move the MK5s to the back for a total of *gulp* SIX monster subwoofers in my room! I legit have the room for all of it too. It's a huge great room layout with kitchen and dining behind me. I mean, the towers would definitely dominate one side of the room, but they wouldn't be in the way. The MK5s will fit either in the dining room or both right behind the couch. I could easiliy turn those into a little table, and they also wouldn't be in the way.

Mrs Pogre is going to have a full matching set of Apple gear! New iPhone, iPad, iMac, airPods, and don't forget a sleek and sexy appleWatch!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@flyboylr45 is laughing right now since he already has a pair of RBH SVTRS towers and matching SV-831RW Center and SV-661RW surrounds and SI-615 in-ceiling Atmos. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Mrs Pogre is going to have a full matching set of Apple gear! New iPhone, iPad, iMac, airPods, and don't forget a sleek and sexy appleWatch!
Not this time. For that it would probably be a new car!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 48270

You're in a house you better have room. That said you are good. No need to get anything this year. We both were blessed this year. Even though a body part suspiciously got hurt on both of us. The sacrifice I tell ya. ✌

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 48270

Good God I would say you need a very large room for these. How tall are they geeze?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I think you need to take a trip to San Antonio and see it in action at Dan's house

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis