Pretty Sure I Just Broke My Arm

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Oh sorry, no update yesterday. Covid negative and after yesterday trying like hell to get vaccination appointments I finally got through this morning. April 6 and May 6.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Excellent! Good news and more good news!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Excellent! Good news and more good news!
Thank you, been trying for a while now. I'm an essential worker but wasn't using that to get my appointment. Today I did.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Good news! It's a hairline fracture across the neck and nothing is separated! They cut my splint off and said there's no need for a cast. In fact he said this is one of those types of breaks that they want me to be able to keep moving it. He gave me some physical therapy exercises to do and said once it calms down I might go to an actual physical therapist to make sure I don't lose any movement I guess.

It's not really bruised or swollen where it's broken but my hand and fingers are all puffy. My whole hand is quite swollen actually. It's super noticeable when I hold my hands side by side. Typing is way easier now without the splint tho, and I can use both hands now! It hurts, but they want me to keep moving it so I'll consider typing part of my rehab! :p I managed to finagle a few pain pills out of him too. Just a half dozen. I'm gonna save 'em for later, like an hour or so before bed the next couple of nights so I can hopefully sleep uninterrupted. Pain has been keeping me up the last 2 nights now and I just want a good night's sleep.

So yeah. No cast! Woo hoo!
If you can use Alleve or the generic equivalent, maybe you could try that- I used to have pain on a regular basis from working on cars and after seeing a program about Naproxin Sodium on a local access cable channel, I decided to try it- I was miserable before and in a half hour, I was pain-free. Been using it since then so, since about 1995-ish. I sprained the crap out of my right ankle and since I hadn't used the Vicodin they prescribed for my finger, I thought I would try some- that did approximately squat. Couldn't stand on it, couldn't walk on it and after two days of doing nothing (besides being bored), I went to a nearby pharmacy to ask if I could use Alleve before the Vicodin had worn off. He said I could use both at the same time (I'm not a fan of ingesting a lot of chemicals), so I went back and took two- I could walk without too much pain in a half hour. The thing that made it better was flexing my toes upward and before I took the Alleve, I couldn't put much more than 20 pounds on the ankle, so that wasn't happening. It was the most pain I have ever felt.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yup. Seeing you get a set of my dream speakers makes me feel way better. :p

Those look so badass!
The same way I felt when I saw you score my dream sub for 900 bucks!!!
:p

Man that was the deal of a lifetime!!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The same way I felt when I saw you score my dream sub for 900 bucks!!!
:p

Man that was the deal of a lifetime!!!!
Those 831s look almost like the same cabs as the subs, and they weigh almost as much. 93 lbs is a lot of speaker! Are they as tall as the subs?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Those 831s look almost like the same cabs as the subs, and they weigh almost as much. 93 lbs is a lot of speaker! Are they as tall as the subs?
They are a couple of inches shorter but not by much like 2 or 3 the width and depth match up perfectly I'm curious with them being sealed how I'll get them to integrate with my ported subs. I do like the flexibility of placement due to them being sealed tho

They are massively heavy for sure

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They are a couple of inches shorter but not by much like 2 or 3 the width and depth match up perfectly I'm curious with them being sealed how I'll get them to integrate with my ported subs. I do like the flexibility of placement due to them being sealed tho

They are massively heavy for sure
The way I'm set up right now I think I could stack 'em. Both of my HSUs are up front too so I think it wouldn't be too different as far as my bass response. That's what I'd try in my room first, then I'd put the Hsus in the back of the room.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The way I'm set up right now I think I could stack 'em. Both of my HSUs are up front too so I think it wouldn't be too different as far as my bass response. That's what I'd try in my room first, then I'd put the Hsus in the back of the room.
20200912_190108.jpg
In my room that spot on the front right is THE best spot for bass. I'd moved it all over and it just measures and sounds the best there.

I wanted to get the on wall version of these speakers but my family wanted the SV831R. First time they wanted speakers in the room go figure. Love they're pick tho :D

So my challenge is I'm going to start with where the 590's are placed and set them up on bases that put them just below the screen for now. Measure and go from they're

If they'res issues with the crossover since they are sealed boxes I'll contact Shane at RBH and also see if ARC on the AVM 60 will be able to tackle the issue

Id imagine I'm not the first to use these seperate from the subs so it shouldn't be hard to get they're monitors to mix well with the subs. If not I can just talk to Shane and go with his advice

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The tweeter will be lower then before this way but as long as it's not blocked by the front row it should be fine. Checking with RBH at the level I'll have them they're vertical dispersion should be fine from the sweet spot in the back row

Later I'll build a stand and a floating screen or completely AT front stage for them to go behind so they can be up where they are perfectly optimal but that's a project for another year. I still have 2 more years according to my budget to get all my speakers from them first.

I'm trying to use my slush account I kick off money into to buy these from. Since that's what I dumpoff into after my savings it's going to take awhile

But I like the discipline and the reward as you build things up and reach goals so I don't mind the wait

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The tweeter will be lower then before this way but as long as it's not blocked by the front row it should be fine. Checking with RBH at the level I'll have them they're vertical dispersion should be fine from the sweet spot in the back row

Later I'll build a stand and a floating screen or completely AT front stage for them to go behind so they can be up where they are perfectly optimal but that's a project for another year. I still have 2 more years according to my budget to get all my speakers from them first.

I'm trying to use my slush account I kick off money into to buy these from. Since that's what I dumpoff into after my savings it's going to take awhile

But I like the discipline and the reward as you build things up and reach goals so I don't mind the wait
I don't think you'll have too much trouble dialing everything in. I mean, they're pretty much made to work together, right? And for sure you're not the only guy to split them up for better response. I love what you're doing, and appreciate that you take your time and buy outright. Even if you have to wait a while in between upgrades to save for it. That's just smart man. All of my gear is bought and paid for too.

Your family gets a thumbs up from me too! Those would have been my choice for speakers too! You're killing it man. Keep us updated. I love watching your progress.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought up a new layout last night. My room is like yours only that up front on the left is the best spot for a subwoofer. I've moved and measured all over the place too.

Now I'm thinking about moving the 1212 up front on the left, the best spot, then move both of the HSUs right behind the main 2 seats or maybe even the back of the room and see how that works out. It'll be a li'l while before I heal up and go after it, but I have those furniture sliders now and that makes it so much easier to move these heavy ass subs around.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I thought up a new layout last night. My room is like yours in that up front on the right is the best spot for a subwoofer. I've moved and measured all over the place too.

Now I'm thinking about moving the 1212 up front on the right, the best spot, then move both of the HSUs right behind the main 2 seats or maybe even the back of the room and see how that works out. It'll be a li'l while before I heal up and go after it, but I have those furniture sliders now and that makes it so much easier to move these heavy ass subs around.
I think that's a good idea if it measures well it should work out badass

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
By the way how's your arm?
Feeling better today. Still slept like poop last night, but after some ibuprofen and coffee this morning I'm moving around better and getting some of my grip back. Swelling went down in my hand too. So yeah. Better today for sure.

Update on the toe, swelling went down on it too and a lot of the pain is gone. I can just about put my weight on it again so I'm pretty sure it's not broken. It sure hurt the first 2 days tho.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Feeling better today. Still slept like poop last night, but after some ibuprofen and coffee this morning I'm moving around better and getting some of my grip back. Swelling went down in my hand too. So yeah. Better today for sure.

Update on the toe, swelling went down on it too and a lot of the pain is gone. I can just about put my weight on it again so I'm pretty sure it's not broken. It sure hurt the first 2 days tho.
That's great!

That sleep will come back now hopefully

now that the swelling is going down it should get a lot better with the discomfort your dealing with

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
View attachment 46276
In my room that spot on the front right is THE best spot for bass. I'd moved it all over and it just measures and sounds the best there.

I wanted to get the on wall version of these speakers but my family wanted the SV831R. First time they wanted speakers in the room go figure. Love they're pick tho :D

So my challenge is I'm going to start with where the 590's are placed and set them up on bases that put them just below the screen for now. Measure and go from they're

If they'res issues with the crossover since they are sealed boxes I'll contact Shane at RBH and also see if ARC on the AVM 60 will be able to tackle the issue

Id imagine I'm not the first to use these seperate from the subs so it shouldn't be hard to get they're monitors to mix well with the subs. If not I can just talk to Shane and go with his advice
You let OTHER PEOPLE pick your speakers? Granted, with the selection they made you can't really complain.

You and Andrew speaker buddies now? Those are the same as his right, or do they just look similar? The RBH, not the 590's in your pic.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You let OTHER PEOPLE pick your speakers? Granted, with the selection they made you can't really complain.

You and Andrew speaker buddies now? Those are the same as his right, or do they just look similar? The RBH, not the 590's in your pic.
Yeah my parents live with me now getting to old for the mountains and God willing I want to enjoy my time with them
So yeah I don't mind the compromise. Especially when they compromise on SVR 831R's :D.

My mom's an artist and is really good a painter so I'm not surprised in a way that she wanted those she loves aesthetics which is why I went with all the wood trim and colors instead of just a blacked out room

I want my mom to enjoy her time up there binge watching our favorite Netflix shows :D

And yes now me and Andrew are now speaker buddies he told me it was official yesterday ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah my parents live with me now getting to old for the mountains and God willing I want to enjoy my time with them
So yeah I don't mind the compromise. Especially when they compromise on SVR 831R's :D.

My mom's an artist and is really good a painter so I'm not surprised in a way that she wanted those she loves aesthetics which is why I went with all the wood trim and colors instead of just a blacked out room

I want my mom to enjoy her time up there binge watching our favorite Netflix shows :D

And yes now me and Andrew are now speaker buddies he told me it was official yesterday ;)
That's awesome.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay the stands came in so once I read through the manuals and then get them set up I'll open up a thread on in the speaker section in towers

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis