Pretty Sure I Just Broke My Arm

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
(Shhh! Don’t let on, but I’m trying to get him to replace his Hsus with two more of those. Imagine how happy he would be! ;) But don’t tell, k?)
If you think I haven't been scheming on getting at least 1 more of these then you don't know me very well! :p

I'd love nothing more than two 1212s up front, then I'd move the HSUs to the back of the room.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep, those look like bones.

Eagerly awaiting responses from people that actually know things about this stuff.
I think I see it pretty clearly in the second image, right at the end or "head" of my radius. Right at the elbow. Looks like a compression fracture, which was my suspicion from the way I caught myself in the fall. I landed on my hand and never really hit my arm or elbow.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep, those look like bones.

Eagerly awaiting responses from people that actually know things about this stuff.
I think I see it pretty clearly in the second image, right at the end or "head" of my radius. Right at the elbow. Looks like a compression fracture, which was my suspicion from the way I caught myself in the fall. I landed on my hand and never really hit my arm or elbow.
2021-04-02 07.18.28.png

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Problem with narcotics is that there is great deal of pressure on physicians to NOT prescribe them. In the case of fractures, the local orthopedists have requested ED physicians to prescribe only a few Percocet or Vicodin (around 12 total) along with instructions to take ibuprofen and tylenol unless absolutely cannot take the pain without the narcotic. In my state, the state pharmacy board sends out a report every other month or so that shows how many narcotic Rx you have written and then compares it with how many have been written by colleagues in similar practices. It always seems to deflate the alleged numbers prescribed by the others by a ridiculous amount. So in this case it is not uncaring physicians, but rather the pressure is to get rid of narcotic prescriptions since there is such a huge problem with narcotic addiction and OD. As usual, there are so many that abuse a privilege (or drug in this case) that those who truly need them suffer.
And that's why marijuana is so needed..

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm getting much, much better so I'm guessing not Covid. Maybe just a 24 hour thing. Trying to get vaccinated is like pulling teeth. That's the other issue.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Glad to hear you are getting better.. It's tough getting an appointment here too( az)... I lucked into mine... Got that important 1st one done...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Glad to hear you are getting better.. It's tough getting an appointment here too( az)... I lucked into mine... Got that important 1st one done...
I hear April 5th is gonna open up a lot more here in NJ but still not gonna be ready getting an appointment.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I hear April 5th is gonna open up a lot more here in NJ but still not gonna be ready getting an appointment.

It's getting easier it seems to get started these days.. The doses are actually getting to the providers at a decent clip...here's hoping it opens up for you soon...the governor here announced that the vaccines were open to anyone about 3 weeks ago, at that point many of us in the 55 and over group hadn't got our first yet...politics and medicine, such a fun couple:rolleyes:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Found a place in Gilbert. I'm in a waiting room at an ortho right now. You know... waiting... :confused:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Found a place in Gilbert. I'm in a waiting room at an ortho right now. You know... waiting... :confused:
Well, we should start a business re-branding "waiting rooms" into "super fun and definitely not boring rooms". Or you can think of a better slogan.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Luckily there are lots of good orthopedic guys here.. Thank all the athletes that train here for that... Someday I'll tell you about some of the major surgeries I've had.. Like lengthening my Achilles tendon with a z cut.. That was when i was 10.. Buncha fun...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh my bad, I thought you where home, so your arm isn't in a cast yet.
That's what I'm here for. I'm in the 'casting room" right now waiting for the doc. They took a couple more x rays too. Pretty sure it's gonna be from my wrist over the bend in my elbow and up my upper arm. Enough to keep it at 90° bend.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's what I'm here for. I'm in the 'casting room" right now waiting for the doc. They took a couple more x rays too. Pretty sure it's gonna be from my wrist over the bend in my elbow and up my upper arm. Enough to keep it at 90° bend.
That'll learn ya to be a clumsy oaf! :oops: :rolleyes: :p

But seriously... glad you're getting cared for.

Now about that toe? Is it doing better or will they need to amputate?
Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
That'll learn ya to be a clumsy oaf! :oops: :rolleyes: :p

But seriously... glad you're getting cared for.

Now about that toe? Is it doing better or will they need to amputate?
Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor
Yoooooo. That's guys teeth are the stuff of nightmares.... :eek:

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
For sure you weren't lucky in getting that awkward fracture. The time has come to take it easy and relax for a couple of weeks.

I hope you brought something to read while waiting, if it's possible in your condition. I wish you the best in recovery.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis