Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Slow day at Goodwill, lol. I haven't stopped in at my local one in a while. Hmm...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Me too, would be fun to find good stuff at thrift stores here but I went to local goodwill just once and it’s picked over and just junk. I think there are a lot of people here that use those places to find items to sell and that’s how they make a living. So with a job here I can’t compete with that as I don’t have time

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you'd have to hit Goodwill every day and sort through a TON of junk to find something cool, tho I've seen @afterlife2 score a few goodies. Where I'm at Craigslist is the one to keep an eye on. I've gotten a few killer deals there lately.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think you'd have to hit Goodwill every day and sort through a TON of junk to find something cool, tho I've seen @afterlife2 score a few goodies. Where I'm at Craigslist is the one to keep an eye on. I've gotten a few killer deals there lately.
I try to go once every week, but didn't go last week. Haven't seen anything interesting lately. I did get a great vinyl haul like 2 weeks ago. I also get CDs once in while. So far no Tool cds, yet!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
That's cool. Seems like your thift stores have good stuff. I've had some amazing deals via Craigslist too.

Most of the really nice vintage speakers on CL are from people who get to the yard sales and goodwills first and they want to make a profit at that point. I can't blame them for that but they are getting in the way of me getting something massively cheap!

Actually, you can get some really good deals from offer up as well

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Here's something interesting to look at, way out of my price range and I'm not sure on the actual value.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
$900 for that REL seems pricey to me. That's what I paid for my 1212!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Zieg I don't know if I posted my recent sub find in this thread... I got a RBH SV 1212NR on Craigslist with a 900 watt amp and cables for $900!
A good way to check the foundation and roof of your home ... continue to enjoy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis