Looking for a great center channel

D

ddjr

Audioholic
To replace my micca mb42-c. I have an old denon avr s500bt, 2 optimus pro lx 10 tower speakers, and am getting a dayton audio titanic mk2 10" powered sub. I'd like to upgrade the micca center, with suggestions from you fine fellows. (You've helped me find the sub, in the subwoofer forum) thanks
Ddjr

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
To replace my micca mb42-c. I have an old denon avr s500bt, 2 optimus pro lx 10 tower speakers, and am getting a dayton audio titanic mk2 10" powered sub. I'd like to upgrade the micca center, with suggestions from you fine fellows. (You've helped me find the sub, in the subwoofer forum) thanks
Ddjr
Salk SS9C

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
Interesting tweeter on that thing.

How big can it be, have you measured?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up an Infinity RC263 recently for $150....might be a periodic sale if you want to wait/watch....

D

ddjr

Audioholic
I had a thought- I have a pair of micca mb42x shelf speakers that sound pretty good. What if I wired them both to the center channel wire? Would they do the job?(I'm sure they would, but would they do it better than a regular single center channel speaker?) What about just one?...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a thought- I have a pair of micca mb42x shelf speakers that sound pretty good. What if I wired them both to the center channel wire? Would they do the job?(I'm sure they would, but would they do it better than a regular single center channel speaker?) What about just one?...
Putting two speakers on one channel drops the impedance and generally isn't a good idea due acoustic issues as well and if just one, that's already what you're wanting to change from isn't it?

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Sort of... I have a micca mb42 center. The bookshelf speakers are micca mb42x, wich have the upgraded crossovers.

Last edited:
D

ddjr

Audioholic
Then, is a center channel just a regular speaker in a flat-ish chassis?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then, is a center channel just a regular speaker in a flat-ish chassis?
The horizontal center is a compromise in design so as to fit under tvs....ideally you'd have all three speakers being the same across the front....but towers and tvs don't mix well (but an acoustically transparent screen would work). Not familiar with your mains, but do they have a matching center speaker?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis