Looking for a great center channel

D

ddjr

Audioholic
After searching, apparently they do. But they are cheap radio shack. I was told my center was the leakest link in my system, so I thought to upgrade it. The towers, I really can't complain. They sound great. But the centers I saw(optimus pro csi, cs5, etc) wich seem to match my towers with the lineaum tweeters, seem very cheap...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wasn't sure if your Optimus speakers were something from the Radio Shack line of that name or something else, the model number doesn't sound familiar. Didn't even know you could still buy Optimus from Radio Shack anymore, thought there were long gone myself. Sometimes speakers don't have a matching center, tho.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
I have an old pair of allison seven floor speakers upstairs... Would they be better than the optimus pro lx10's?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not familiar with either myself....have you compared them and have a preference? Or are you talking in terms of finding a matching center?

D

ddjr

Audioholic
I'm not sure. The allison's, I'm told, were much loved speakers. But the optimus have the fancy tweeter and are newer. I just want great sound. I really should compare them sonically

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Not familiar with your mains, but do they have a matching center speaker?
The former Optimus center that works with his current older Optimus towers is poor and weak and somewhat nasal sounding ... it will be no benefit compared to his current Micca center

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I have an old pair of allison seven floor speakers upstairs... Would they be better than the optimus pro lx10's?
They may or may not ... you can test it ... but your biggest need is to upgrade that center ... if you buy the JBL center and like it, then you can upgrade the towers in the future

D

ddjr

Audioholic
So, the jbl is definitely better than the micca? I thought jbl was walmart grade stuff, I guess it must be better than I thought

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
JBL has a lot of products, some of the speakers are very basic and might be available at Walmart. You can also spend $20k on a pair of M-2s, my dream speaker.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is the JBL Stage A125C a great center?
No experience with it, altho that Infinity RC263 I mentioned earlier is currently replacing my JBL Studio 520C (590s for L/R, 580s for surrounds, 530s for rear surrounds). Really good for $150....but I trust zieg's speaker opinions....

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
So, the jbl is definitely better than the micca? I thought jbl was walmart grade stuff, I guess it must be better than I thought
No, JBL is not Walmart stuff ... JBL has been in business for many, many years

Now, no one can speak for your ears ... but Crutchfield has a good return policy, and will only cost $10 to send the Stage A125C back ... but you have 60 days to test it ... or tolerate the Micca center and wait on the Infinity RC263 to go on sale

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Actually, we do have a hard time hearing people talk when we use the stereo...
I'll look at the jbl again

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Just ordered the jbl. Thank you all very much, I look forward to hearing it!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis