Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not expecting much from Dolby Height virtualization. Think @AcuDefTechGuy calls that type of thing FakeMOS. LOL :)
I had my doubts but it works, so much so that I do not intend to use ceiling speakers any time soon. DTS Virtual:X is actually more aggressive than Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and I enjoy both of them. Results will very with every setup of course. If the Yamaha had them, I'd have kept it hooked up and returned the Onkyo. But the Onkyo has both features and music service streaming can be done with the remote control as well as with a Smart app and I can look at the GUI without wincing at the sight of it.:D As soon as the Dolby update comes in, I'll hook it back up to see how it handles it. If it doesn't work out, I'll trade the little droid for some Mandalorian armor from the Jawas.:p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
My Yamaha RX-V6A is lil over 3 months old, has be very solid to date. DTS Virtual-X in my 5.1.2 stays on for movie use. I don't mind the OSD why? cause I don't use it! :p I use Web-Setup:p. I had the Onkyo,s many in the past good AVR,s even with the added lil 'Drone"fans added:p the heat they put out you could just about cook a egg on top:p all still crappped out on me 3 of them less than two years use :mad:. Onkyo Sucks!!:D Just BUY YAMAHA!!;)

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, don't hold back. How do you really feel about it?:D The Yamaha I bought was a dog. It's the free one that works.:p I like the Yamaha and the Onkyo. But, the TV needs to be off when streaming music on the Yamaha because, well, yikes!:eek: Neither unit is "perfect" but the Onkyo edges it out for me at the moment. If the firmware updates ever show up, that may change.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, don't hold back. How do you really feel about it?:D The Yamaha I bought was a dog. It's the free one that works.:p I like the Yamaha and the Onkyo. But, the TV needs to be off when streaming music on the Yamaha because, well, yikes!:eek: Neither unit is "perfect" but the Onkyo edges it out for me at the moment. If the firmware updates ever show up, that may change.
As of right now? all good no issues with the one I have. True the OSD and the Manual EQ ummm what's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah sucks! Yamaha dropped the ball on their ARC a step back in my book. lolo it's slow Not intuitive just plan sucks. Now the web-setup Is the bomb! I like the Android look :D
I should mention that Onkyo fix 2 of the 3 AVR's that crapped out on me. The 705 I Chunked before Onkyo came out with the Extended warranty to 2018. Both THX-NR818's I had where very nice sold them off for 350 each. The Onkyo suck thing was to get You chat with me, why? cuzz you a cool AH member and You got game! Wish I had gotten one of Onkyos RZ 820 or their RZ830 when they where going for 399 new on Amazon with the 3 year warranty they had I wouldn't have this Yamaha now.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I may get this AVR in the near,
g973MRX540-o_other1.jpg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:D Nice to see a receiver that has a volume display one can see without squinting.

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
Still loving my TSR-700 but funny mentioning the dying Onkyo. Mine always ran hot and while ultimately it was a short that did it in I was always concerned about the heat

Also with cost of lcd displays these days would it have killed Yamaha to put a bigger display on it. Love that Anthem display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Honu1

Enthusiast
Has anyone used an external amp with their V6a or tsr-700? Just got an two channel amplifier, Crown, and cant get a signal out of the Yamaha reciever's pre-outs. The amplifier works fine with a tv cable box audio pre-outs. Tried to measure the voltage out of the yamaha pre-outs and get zero volts. I suspect the Yamaha is stuck in switching from speaker outs to the pre amp outs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Has anyone used an external amp with their V6a or tsr-700? Just got an two channel amplifier, Crown, and cant get a signal out of the Yamaha reciever's pre-outs. The amplifier works fine with a tv cable box audio pre-outs. Tried to measure the voltage out of the yamaha pre-outs and get zero volts. I suspect the Yamaha is stuck in switching from speaker outs to the pre amp outs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Post up if you find out whats up i'm getting ready to add a two channel amp to my RX-V6A. Maybe do hard reset with the amp hooked up or check speaker settings?

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
Very anxious to see what is in this. Wish they’d publish release notes somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing yet on my end, but on my RX-V6A in setting on the web setup in information it says 1.26/3.06 looks like they getting ready to send a update.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It was supposed to start rolling out early this morning. 1.31 brings stability improvements to ARC.

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
The new update fixes some eARC issues. The guy I’ve been talking to says some people were having the following issues

• When switching between HDMI inputs, there is a 5-10 second delay and then the video into the television from the new input is often distorted and glitchy, sometimes to the point that only static is displayed on the TV. Turning the receiver off and back on seems to usually correct this issue. i.e. from one Switching HDMI A/V input to another results in the video signal to the TV being distorted/resized, glitchy, or static about 50% of the time. This seems to be corrected by power cycling the unit.
  • HDMI eARC is similarly glitchy: when using a Harmony routine to switch from eARC as the audio input (from my smart TV) to another HDMI input (e.g. cable box), the unit powers off entirely rather than just switching inputs

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Never had the ARC or other issues with the RX-V6A like the ones I had with the TSR-700. That was one buggy little droid. Hope the update helps folks still having problems. Now, for those HDMI 2.1 features and height virtualization updates...:mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis