Sometimes Craigslist blows my mind

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This guy is funny too

As in, "I'm selling these to try something that I bought- they were a smokin' deal that I got in a Von's parking lot"?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My wife would kill me if I tried to put something like that in my house. I see a lot of the classic "Vintage speakers" with the 15 inch woofers that would probably be pretty awesome actually driven with a strong AMP. But they are so big and don't look great. They just aren't practical for a living room these days.
Why would they need a strong amp particularly? Generally the larger speakers are easier to drive than smaller ones (Hoffman's Iron Law of speaker building ;) ).

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Bose blows ..
32B24663-0B28-458A-86A4-23ED9BC6ACEB.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My wife would kill me if I tried to put something like that in my house. I see a lot of the classic "Vintage speakers" with the 15 inch woofers that would probably be pretty awesome actually driven with a strong AMP. But they are so big and don't look great. They just aren't practical for a living room these days.
Depends on the living room I guess. My wife hates my monkey coffins. But I pay for this house too!!! And yeah, they’re usually easier to drive due to higher sensitivity.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This one bugs me. It's been listed as "sold" for a couple of weeks now. Why not just delete it??

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Depends on the living room I guess. My wife hates my monkey coffins. But I pay for this house too!!! And yeah, they’re usually easier to drive due to higher sensitivity.
Yeah, keep in mind I have 3 complete setups with speakers all over the house. So my wife puts up with a good bit. She also likes to shop so I use that to my advantage

But the big speakers just don't fit unfortunately or I would try. I actually did try to put some Cerwin Vegas in my room. Bought them on Craigslist a few years back. Didn't fit. Sold em same night. Darn it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, keep in mind I have 3 complete setups with speakers all over the house. So my wife puts up with a good bit. She also likes to shop so I use that to my advantage

But the big speakers just don't fit unfortunately or I would try. I actually did try to put some Cerwin Vegas in my room. Bought them on Craigslist a few years back. Didn't fit. Sold em same night. Darn it.
Oh yeah. I totally get it. We have three surround systems, three 2ch systems, a studio with two acoustic drum kits, and a piano. Plus whatever odds n ends I can’t think of!!!
Very early on when my wife was my Gfriend, I had a pair of CV-D-9’s. Yep, with 15’s in em. Maybe that’s why the rest of our “noise” is just par for the course. Lol!
I do get the idea of aesthetics too though. And if I could I would upgrade my mains to something more elegant. However, Covid, teenage twins, kid in college, both self employed, COVID...just life in general. One thing at a time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

So how do small speakers/subs work with her?

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Triad makes excellent speakers, but is only available through CEDIA installers. I've been a happy Triad customer since the early days. My family room is a 5.1 setup with Triad Silver Monitors for the L, C & R, Triad Gold bipoles for the surrounds and a Triad Gold Sub. Pre-pro is Marantz with Adcom amplification. It can shake the walls, yet satisfy an audiophile for critical listening.

My two-channel critical listening setup has Triad Gold Monitors and dual Von Schwekert subs with a Parasound preamp and amplifier. Sound is amazing, but I think the Golds will be replaced by my recent Magnepan 1.7 acquisition.
Hi Dave,

I'm a Triad Gold Monitor owner too! Amazing speaker -- and my favorite Triad product.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
This guy states (among other things) that these speaker cables lower the noise floor. Why would you pay extra for your cables to loose information?
940CFE05-BD93-4010-87CF-395B4DDCA31D.png

R

Rip City Dave

Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I'm a Triad Gold Monitor owner too! Amazing speaker -- and my favorite Triad product.
That's great your a Triad dealer.

I'll probably move the Gold Monitors into my home theater for L & R, because the Magnepans are just so good for two channel.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
And he says they’re better than new, so he should charge MORE!!! Wow...
Yeah, you all better jump on those cables before they are gone. They should cost more and they are only priced at $3,600. It's a real bargain. Or you could get some monoprice cables for $20.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Yeah, you all better jump on those cables before they are gone. They should cost more and they are only priced at $3,600. It's a real bargain. Or you could get some monoprice cables for $20.
But these ad information to your music, remove information and change the timing, that’s almost impressive

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This guy states (among other things) that these speaker cables lower the noise floor. Why would you pay extra for your cables to loose information?View attachment 44770
One of the most ridiculous adds I've ever seen. I think for 'chits and giggles' everyone should blast him with $10 offerings for them, or am I asking too much ? .... LOL !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Bose blows ..
View attachment 44754
I just stumbled across what looks like almost the same thing out here for half the price!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And this guy is reaching, wanting $1200 for these KEF Q750s. They look really nice, but retail for not much more brand new.

And these things... the "holy grail" of 1960s vintage speakers for $3000?? I'm unconvinced... Behold. The JBL C50 Olympus-S7

00F0F_7rA10zLFNaNz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/436330620914182/.
ear Bleeding special , ...
550196E9-9E69-4EBD-90B7-D9A45FEBDA85.jpg

I just stumbled across what looks like almost the same thing out here for half the price!

These are what the Bose intended to replace probably....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think I’ll offer 9k. And not a penny less!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis