T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
This guy is funny too

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
This guy is funny too

agreed, he's a dreamer ! but hey, you never know .....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is it one of those brands whose retail prices you're expected to wangle for at least 40% off for ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Is it one of those brands whose retail prices you're expected to wangle for at least 40% off for ?
If they sell that high who knows , but these people certainly want that much or more !!
Lamo get your junk fest on
FF0BB780-CCF5-40C2-B9FB-5C254DF3E89F.png

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Every time I see Dynaudio the price is usually high.

I think what's going on is while it's on the 'low end of the high end' there is a certain preconceived notion that even used it should sell for 60-70% of msrp. When in reality 50% is much more realistic and that'a when it's a '8 out of 10' or better !

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
At the most 33% of what the asking price is on a used market

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think so, as I said to Pogre it's the 'low end of the high end' so with that being said anytime one can do 20% on what is considered 'high end' off msrp new you're feeling good about yourself. But when it comes to used, to which over the years I've bought several items, I've never paid more than 50% of msrp for anything.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think so, as I said to Pogre it's the 'low end of the high end' so with that being said anytime one can do 20% on what is considered 'high end' off msrp new you're feeling good about yourself. But when it comes to used, to which over the years I've bought several items, I've never paid more than 50% of msrp for anything.
I rarely shop for things with msrp particularly in mind except as information to start, let alone for audio gear in a b&m store at msrp....but seems the margins definitely leave room for negotiation from such an msrp in such a joint.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I think sometimes people post things on Craigslist who will sell and upgrade if they get enough .... Then those that want to sell to get the stuff out of their house. Good to find the latter.

I never want to pay more than half of new price for used as there is risk.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To me half price is a good starting point if its relatively new. Old used audio gear is largely only attractive if reasonably priced....

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone runs into a Carver TFM amp in good condition let me know or post up, 25 or 35 would do yeah I know they are very old but some do show up on Ebay.

R

Rip City Dave

Enthusiast
Fixed it. Hey HD, what do you know about Triad speakers? Any experience with them?
Triad makes excellent speakers, but is only available through CEDIA installers. I've been a happy Triad customer since the early days. My family room is a 5.1 setup with Triad Silver Monitors for the L, C & R, Triad Gold bipoles for the surrounds and a Triad Gold Sub. Pre-pro is Marantz with Adcom amplification. It can shake the walls, yet satisfy an audiophile for critical listening.

My two-channel critical listening setup has Triad Gold Monitors and dual Von Schwekert subs with a Parasound preamp and amplifier. Sound is amazing, but I think the Golds will be replaced by my recent Magnepan 1.7 acquisition.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife would kill me if I tried to put something like that in my house. I see a lot of the classic "Vintage speakers" with the 15 inch woofers that would probably be pretty awesome actually driven with a strong AMP. But they are so big and don't look great. They just aren't practical for a living room these days.
Your wife would hate me... lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis