Are These Finds Good Deals?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@ryanosaur has done some homework on Monitor Audio and really liked the newer silver series speakers. They are asking 500 for this pair. What say you, Ryan? Are those one of the good ones? Owner is in Scottsdale, the Richie Rich neighborhood, lol.

I think the S6 was the previous generation to what is current. Well regarded, but improved upon in the current iteration.
(I'm still surprised they haven't updated the Silver line considering the Gold and now Bronze has been refreshed over the last 2 yrs.)
Hmmm... as I look closer at the photos in your link, that doesn't look right:
The S6 may be an older model than the Silver 6...
there's this undated review, but the pic looks to be a match:
And here:
And this:

I'd pass.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I guess that extra $200 is for shipping.

I see the potential of these things, but those cabinets look rough and I'm not sure how easy that finish would be to remove.

I would REALLY like to hear those though. Very interesting design.
Maybe refinish is the wrong word - I could imagine filling nicks and dings and painting them to look something like this:
1612978277180.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have the Atlantic center and its fantastic. Mine has two dials on the back. I bet that set is great. Pogre Is it for a basement setup or resell?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the Atlantic center and its fantastic. Mine has two dials on the back. I bet that set is great. Pogre Is it for a basement setup or resell?
@mixlsplitz1 is looking for a nice 2.1 for music, eventually 5.1 on a budget and he lives in the same area I do. I linked him to this thread and started flipping through the ads in hopes of finding a gem.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I found a few postings of interest for @mixlsplitz1. These are not necessarily suggestions yet, and most will probably be a pass. I usually get some good feedback and every once in a while we find something.

These Sonus Fabers are over budget but they sure look nice, and it looks like he's selling the matching center separate too. Might be able to see if he'll package it. I don't know if you can swing it tho.

There are a pair of ML books in there with folded ribbon tweeters too. $400 for the books.*

The RBH 61-SEs have been reposted. Says in the ad that there's 1 jumper missing. Not a big deal. These are really tempting for the price. You definitely will need a sub to go with them.

*Edited to delete a pair of ML electrostats.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@William Lemmerhirt has experience with JBL Northridge speakers iirc. Not sure about the sub tho. If you can get him to come down and just sell the mains and center they might be worth a look.

Does anyone else think these drivers look like rolled up condoms..?

00z0z_1lo4wNXlrfF_0nF0t2_1200x900.jpg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
@William Lemmerhirt has experience with JBL Northridge speakers iirc. Not sure about the sub tho. If you can get him to come down and just sell the mains and center they might be worth a look.

View attachment 44447
Yeah, but they're a little small...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 44447
am93YWX_460s.jpg

M

mixlsplitz1

Audioholic Intern
Okay, I found a few postings of interest for @mixlsplitz1. These are not necessarily suggestions yet, and most will probably be a pass. I usually get some good feedback and every once in a while we find something.

These Sonus Fabers are over budget but they sure look nice, and it looks like he's selling the matching center separate too. Might be able to see if he'll package it. I don't know if you can swing it tho.

There are a pair of ML books in there with folded ribbon tweeters too. $400 for the books.*

The RBH 61-SEs have been reposted. Says in the ad that there's 1 jumper missing. Not a big deal. These are really tempting for the price. You definitely will need a sub to go with them.

*Edited to delete a pair of ML electrostats.
I wish I had the funds to get those fabers, but sadly no. Do you know if the rbh has a matching center? I looked them up and it says they're discontinued. And I saw the ML before, but that chip would eat at my soul everytime I looked at it. I don't mind scuffs and scratches or a missing post, or anything minor.

And you're pretty awesome dude, thanks for all the advice and now help looking for my mains. This forum is probably the best source I've found so far.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

View attachment 44447
W. T. F..... those drivers look so dumb. Reminds me of a joke is heard as a kid. Something about fitting a camel... lol

I do have a little experience with northridge. Mostly the older N series, which are more similar to my
Studio II’s.
My friend actually has the same set you found on CL, in ash. Imo, 500 would be a pretty good buy on the whole set of them, especially in cherry. They sound pretty nice. I have a pair of E10’s somewhere in my house. They’re very small, but ok. I wouldn’t seek them out, but I got them on a trade for some other stuff.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wish I had the funds to get those fabers, but sadly no. Do you know if the rbh has a matching center? I looked them up and it says they're discontinued. And I saw the ML before, but that chip would eat at my soul everytime I looked at it. I don't mind scuffs and scratches or a missing post, or anything minor.

And you're pretty awesome dude, thanks for all the advice and now help looking for my mains. This forum is probably the best source I've found so far.
I think the 61-SEs are worth a look and you might be able to get him to come down a little. Fwiw I found a matching center on ebay for $240 with free shipping...

*Edit: On closer inspection the cab is a little dinged up on that cc. Probably not acceptable.

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
If you're talking about the 61se here on cl, the seller has or had a center listed as well...At least that's by best recollection

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you're talking about the 61se here on cl, the seller has or had a center listed as well...At least that's by best recollection
He does! For $200. I'll bet he'd take $350 for all 3... now we're getting somewhere.

M

mixlsplitz1

Audioholic Intern
He does! For $200. I'll bet he'd take $350 for all 3... now we're getting somewhere.

I'll txt him and see if he responds

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis