Are These Finds Good Deals?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Great Job. $10 :)

You just got to find those people who basically want something gone from their house! You found one today!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
They're IL30s, and yes they have a pretty good rep. I read somewhere that Dr Toole said the IL series was one of his favorites in the price range. They're very neutral sounding to my ear and producing more bass than I expected based on specs. They're in a small space right now tho so I must be getting some room gain. ASR measured the Bookshelf version and they do indeed look like a very neutral speaker.

I think he musta had a loose jumper on the one speaker when we listened at his place because they're both working great now, after having messed with them a little once I got them home.
I bought a 1993-era Luxman R-351 receiver off eBay for $79, shipped, because the owner posted it as "for parts only" and said "it was working 2 years ago when I put it in a closet, but now it makes no sound." I could see from a photo of the back that the pre-amp out-to-main in jumpers were missing, those little U-shaped jumpers. I got it it, jumped them with an RCA interconnect and it works GREAT.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Except for their cheapy entry level, Infinity makes good stuff
I've had a lot of their car stuff and always liked it. I have JBL stuff and like it. I've really liked most Harmon made speakers I've heard.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Look what just popped up for $220...

00C0C_6y0DZ27F0ixz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

A pair of IL40s with the vinyl wrap coming loose at the edges. Don't think those will be selling anytime soon... lol.

Plus I found this RBH 1212NR for $950!

00e0e_aAbFTAODwWdz_0jh0t2_1200x900.jpg

Too much for me to spend but one hell of a deal compared to the retail new at $3200!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

View attachment 44376

A pair of IL40s with the vinyl wrap coming loose at the edges. Don't think those will be selling anytime soon... lol.

View attachment 44377

Too much for me to spend but one hell of a deal compared to the retail new at $3200!

Wow $3.2k new I guess used market wins ... if your poor like me.
Stylish

Are these any good ? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/240769514101729/
The newer infinity ones are around the same price when on sale tho .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Paradigm monitor 7 v.4 towers, paradigm cc370 v.4, and paradigm ps-1000 sub for 400?
Those do look nice, but I don't know if they're what you're looking for. Plus the sub is kinda "meh".
Too high. Offer$275
He's looking to put together a decent music system (eventually 5.1) on a budget so I invited him to post up his finds in this thread so we could help him sort through. This is his original thread below.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic

View attachment 44376

View attachment 44377

I'd love to try out that sub for a little less if it was in town. Stil $1K though so nothing to sneeze at in the used market.

M

mixlsplitz1

Audioholic Intern
What about rbh 61-se for 200? Haven't come across that brand before.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What about rbh 61-se for 200? Haven't come across that brand before.
That's a pretty good deal. There are a pair of those available to me in the Phoenix area for $200 and I almost got them.

*Edit: Looks like they sold!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I keep seeing these KEF R3s in there for $1300. Might take 1100 or a thousand?

Those would be a great start to a 2.1 music system, but you'll want to find the matching center down the road. Looks like the R2C. $1200 brand new, but at least you know there's a match.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@ryanosaur has done some homework on Monitor Audio and really liked the newer silver series speakers. They are asking 500 for this pair. What say you, Ryan? Are those one of the good ones? Owner is in Scottsdale, the Richie Rich neighborhood, lol.

Last edited:
R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
@ryanosaur has done some homework on Monitor Audio and really liked the newer silver series speakers. They are asking 500 for this pair. What say you, Ryan? Are those one of the good ones? Owner is in Scottsdale, the Richie Rich neighborhood, lol.

i would stay away from that version of the silver's.i heard them back in the day at a local hifi shop that is now long gone.in my opinion they look better than they sound.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here is an interesting one:
Retailed for $1650 in '87 - the same seller is asking $599 on Ebay. This would be a fun one to refinish/refurb as they look pretty cool and unusual.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Here is an interesting one:
Retailed for $1650 in '87 - the same seller is asking $599 on Ebay. This would be a fun one to refinish/refurb as they look pretty cool and unusual.
I guess that extra $200 is for shipping.

I see the potential of these things, but those cabinets look rough and I'm not sure how easy that finish would be to remove.

I would REALLY like to hear those though. Very interesting design.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis