What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
One Republican representative said THIS was the event that brought Trump's legacy down (not all the other incidents over these past four years). Another couple said yes the Capitol event was bad, but when asked, they'd vote for Trump again. I'd like to think this is a good reason to move forward with impeachment.:rolleyes:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Quote for the day:

A former senior White House official said, “Morale plummeted under him, huge mistakes were made — and now he’s scrambling to stick around after. He’s a dishonest asshole who pretends to be this religious Southern gentleman. F*ck that.”

I asked my grandma what she thought of the non-religious, NY democrat that had been president for the last four years. She got confused for a second...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One Republican representative said THIS was the event that brought Trump's legacy down (not all the other incidents over these past four years). Another couple said yes the Capitol event was bad, but when asked, they'd vote for Trump again. I'd like to think this is a good reason to move forward with impeachment.:rolleyes:
The fact that these people's reasoning is "he's not a democrat" makes no sense. Especially since he WAS A DEMOCRAT FOR DECADES...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The fact that these people's reasoning is "he's not a democrat" makes no sense. Especially since he WAS A DEMOCRAT FOR DECADES...
The truth is: trump has no political affiliation.. He is his own party.. He cannibalized the Republican party because it was easy.. They have no real platform or soul, just" we hate liberals "..

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Another random thought: can we get our government to subscribe to the idea of arresting these "protesters " if they get out of control next week...as in *any*of them that participate in unlawful acts...we need to know our democracy is being protected above the interests of a cult

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
He cannibalized the Republican party because it was easy.. They have no real platform or soul, just" we hate liberals "..
Utter nonsense, I love Liberals, they're like Slinky's , pretty much useless but they put a smile on your face every time you push them down a flight of stairs ! ..... ;)

On a serious note I do agree that the 'far' right just hates all Dems / libs as I'm sure the far left feels the same about the right. But believe me those of right of center can't stand the radical right anymore than you folks left of center !

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Utter nonsense, I love Liberals, they're like Slinky's , pretty much useless but they put a smile on your face every time you push them down a flight of stairs ! ..... ;)

On a serious note I do agree that the 'far' right just hates all Dems / libs as I'm sure the far left feels the same about the right. But believe me those of right of center can't stand the radical right anymore than you folks left of center !
I'm a moderate independent that is considered "libtard"_by some, and have been told so..that problem is not even on my radar.. We need social security reform, as in a living wage, min wage reform, tax reform( as in the top 600 *income*people in the country need to pay some), 501c3 reforms, healthcare reform, and reform in congressional funding... Every one of these issues is mainstream , but the uber wealthy ( who need to fund much of these) would have you think it's all a communist plot...fu** em ...

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

This is politics, absolutes don't exist. Not all of any party is what they're called.

I have said it for years- get rid of the extremes and let the middle work it out.

For those playing at home, a one-party government where the ones who won the most recent elections because of reactions to the other party is a dangerous thing. Doesn't matter which party, either- they want to stay in power and it's gonna be a bumpy ride for a while.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
But believe me those of right of center can't stand the radical right anymore than you folks left of center !
That may be true but they have a funny way of showing it by the looks of this last election.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Quote for the day:

A former senior White House official said, “Morale plummeted under him [Mark Meadows], huge mistakes were made — and now he’s scrambling to stick around after. He’s a dishonest asshole who pretends to be this religious Southern gentleman. F*ck that.”

Edit: Just to clarify, this quote refers to Mark Meadows.

What is disturbing about this article is that it implies Trump is ignoring his own cabinet members (who must be confirmed by the Senate) and listening to people like Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, etc.

These people appear to be craven opportunists.

highfigh

highfigh

That may be true but they have a funny way of showing it by the looks of this last election.
Normally, those to the Right of center aren't going to vote for a Democrat any more than the left of center will vote for a Republican. In this case, the right of center either voted for no POTUS, wrote in or voted for someone who, once again, WASN'T the other candidate.

This election had the highest vote total in history- the votes cast for Trump this time was more than ALL votes cast in 1968 and in 1972, the total votes cast was only a couple of million more than Trump received in 2020.

We need another party that has the brains to avoid the tactics of the existing parties and the balls to say & do what needs to be said & done.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
This is politics, absolutes don't exist. Not all of any party is what they're called.

I have said it for years- get rid of the extremes and let the middle work it out.
I agree with the sentiment, but I don't believe the US has any meaningful 'extreme' left. Far from a definitive source, but experts do seem to agree that the Democrats are moderates, not the far-left liberal party they are depicted as. Republicans are an extreme right party, though.

So to the spirit of your statement, yes I'd like to see essentially the DNC platform of today implemented as a minimum-positive-progress platform to improve the country. But IMO those are table stakes for a declining democracy to tackle, not some 'liberal' platform. I'd love democrats to present a truly liberal platform to bring the conversation out of the extreme right where americans are brainwashed to argue whether we want all citizens to be able to afford basic healthcare.

highfigh

highfigh

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't believe the US has any meaningful 'extreme' left. Far from a definitive source, but experts do seem to agree that the Democrats are moderates, not the far-left liberal party they are depicted as. Republicans are an extreme right party, though.

So to the spirit of your statement, yes I'd like to see essentially the DNC platform of today implemented as a minimum-positive-progress platform to improve the country. But IMO those are table stakes for a declining democracy to tackle, not some 'liberal' platform. I'd love democrats to present a truly liberal platform to bring the conversation out of the extreme right where americans are brainwashed to argue whether we want all citizens to be able to afford basic healthcare.
You need to look harder.

The healthcare coverage problem and education should have been dealt with/solved long ago. College used to be affordable, but the costs have skyrocketed. The idea that a degree was necessary was sold to kids who weren't taught to question much of anything, their parents didn't bother to look into it and nobody paid attention to this while it was happening. Vocational training, especially in high schools died and the people whose kids may have done well in those areas either got low-paying jobs, went to school for something else (whether they performed well, or not) and some went into the trades because they knew what they wanted. THEY're the ones who are doing well, now- the ones who went to school for something that was of no interest are angry, confused and broke.

Look at the nebulous areas of study and how they bear no connection to the job market to see why people can't get a good job. If someone wants to learn about something that won't make them employable, they can do it on their own time, after they get a job that pays the bills.

I don't know if people are generally unaware of the job market, or if they don't think to look into the jobs that are in demand and pay well.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Normally, those to the Right of center aren't going to vote for a Democrat any more than the left of center will vote for a Republican. In this case, the right of center either voted for no POTUS, wrote in or voted for someone who, once again, WASN'T the other candidate.

This election had the highest vote total in history- the votes cast for Trump this time was more than ALL votes cast in 1968 and in 1972, the total votes cast was only a couple of million more than Trump received in 2020.

We need another party that has the brains to avoid the tactics of the existing parties and the balls to say & do what needs to be said & done.
Comparing then to now isn't a good comparison in terms of population/votes. It was much lower. Millions of people simply voted for Trump on the economy. Because that's about all they could look at. They couldn't control his behavior and voted for him on that while tuning out the rest. Yet that was the problem: he was viewed solely on his policy while sweeping his behavior under the rug. Trump Fatigue set in, and some are still wondering why. That's how stupid it has become. A blue wave did come in mail-ins.

We can say we want to do away with this party or add that party, but the Constitution decides all of this because it prevents things from getting too bad. It's called the two-party system. Yes there's a Trump that comes around once every century, but revenge is also a viable solution because the other party has become so awful.

highfigh

highfigh

Comparing then to now isn't a good comparison in terms of population/votes. It was much lower. Millions of people simply voted for Trump on the economy. Because that's about all they could look at. They couldn't control his behavior and voted for him on that while tuning out the rest. Yet that was the problem: he was viewed solely on his policy while sweeping his behavior under the rug. Trump Fatigue set in, and some are still wondering why. That's how stupid it has become. A blue wave did come in mail-ins.

We can say we want to do away with this party or add that party, but the Constitution decides all of this because it prevents things from getting too bad. It's called the two-party system. Yes there's a Trump that comes around once every century, but revenge is also a viable solution because the other party has become so awful.
It's a bi-cameral system, but that doesn't have anything to do with political parties.

So, what does the Constitution say about both parties going off the rails and leaving a large number of people unable or unwilling to choose one of them because they just don't agree with what those parties stand for and are doing?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Kevin Seefried, the guy carrying the confederate flag in the Capitol Building during the riots, has been arrested. These people were duped (quite willingly, it appears) to create tremendous problems in their lives based on a fantasy that their actions would somehow keep Trump in office. It's almost as if Trump said "throw yourself under the bus for me" and they did just that.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Since my life is so informed by music, this song this morning felt so apropos.

Van Morrison - Man Has To Struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis