What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
ADK, as much as I want to laugh those images still sicken me. May they all be caught and rot in prison......

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Msnbc are saying FBI and NYPD both warned Capitol police before riots. FBI warned over a dozen extremists not to go to Capitol.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
ADK, as much as I want to laugh those images still sicken me. May they all be caught and rot in prison......
Sorry, I know. Having a couple while watching football. A friend sent them and I laughed. I don't do social media so you guys are my place to share.

T

trochetier

Audioholic
Two questions-

"How do we get this done?"

"Who do we call?".
Get involved - lobby your House and Senate members on matters that are important to you and get others to do the same. The members are easy to contact by email. If they don't respond toss the bums out the next cycle. Vibrant democracy requires active participation by every one - not just by interest groups. Just voting every 2 and 4 years and then simply complaining is our problem.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Several corporations have announced that they are suspending donations to lawmakers who voted against certification.

Ironically, Trump may actually succeed in draining the swamp after all.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
U.S. diplomats, in a diplomatic manner, just called Trump a world class dumbass:

“It is essential that the Department of State explicitly denounce President Trump’s role in this violent attack on the U.S. government,” said the first of the two cables, which added that the president’s own comments should not be used “as he is not a credible voice on this matter.”

“Just as we routinely denounce foreign leaders who use violence and intimidation to interfere in peaceful democratic processes and override the will of their voters, the department’s public statements about this episode should also mention President Trump by name. It is critical that we communicate to the world that in our system, no one -- not even the president -- is above the law or immune from public criticism.”

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Get involved - lobby your House and Senate members on matters that are important to you and get others to do the same. The members are easy to contact by email. If they don't respond toss the bums out the next cycle. Vibrant democracy requires active participation by every one - not just by interest groups. Just voting every 2 and 4 years and then simply complaining is our problem.
I e-mailed one of them and it took months to see a reply that didn't really answer the question to my satisfaction. I think he ran unopposed, so voting for someone else wouldn't work- for him or anyone else. Running unopposed is another problem- it seems that nobody is interested in replacing turds who have screwed the pooch.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
That's my point when i say "we are the government"...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I can be outraged and still see that they are pathetic, but it's a tough time to have a sense of humor...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Canada is still part of the Monarchy, even if they have some level of independence from Great Britain.

Do you consider campaign contributions to be 'money from PACs'? They all take it- even AOC and Sanders.
The Monarchy is "shared" amongst Commonwealth countries. It does not confer any control over Canadian affairs whatsoever to the UK government. Although Canada became a "country" in 1867 with the British North America Act (BNA Act), many aspects of Canadian governance were retained by the British government, such as foreign affairs. That's why when the UK declared war on Germany in 1914, Canada was automatically included.

For all intents and purposes, full independence came with the Statute of Westminster in 1931. When WW2 broke out, Canada made her own declaration of war. The BNA Act remained our constitution until 1982, because that's how long it took for the provinces to agree upon an amending formula. Until that year, when the Canada Act became law, a few vestiges of British rule remained. For instance, at the request of the Canadian Government, an amendment to the preceding constitution (BNA Act), had to be passed by the British parliament, since it was a British Act.

As for being the "most operationally sound democracy in the western hemisphere"...maybe. But, extremism is contagious. So, please get your poop in a group (as a country, not you personally) before it takes root up here.

Thank-you.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The Monarchy is "shared" amongst Commonwealth countries. It does not confer any control over Canadian affairs whatsoever to the UK government. Although Canada became a "country" in 1867 with the British North America Act (BNA Act), many aspects of Canadian governance were retained by the British government, such as foreign affairs. That's why when the UK declared war on Germany in 1914, Canada was automatically included.

For all intents and purposes, full independence came with the Statute of Westminster in 1931. When WW2 broke out, Canada made her own declaration of war. The BNA Act remained our constitution until 1982, because that's how long it took for the provinces to agree upon an amending formula. Until that year, when the Canada Act became law, a few vestiges of British rule remained. For instance, at the request of the Canadian Government, an amendment to the preceding constitution (BNA Act), had to be passed by the British parliament, since it was a British Act.

As for being the "most operationally sound democracy in the western hemisphere"...maybe. But, extremism is contagious. So, please get your poop in a group (as a country, not you personally) before it takes root up here.

Thank-you.
i started the idea here that canada , not the us was the most operationally sound democracy in the hemisphere as a "wake up call" to those that want to overlook the criminality trump is fostering right now with some help from enablers....

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Several corporations have announced that they are suspending donations to lawmakers who voted against certification.

Ironically, Trump may actually succeed in draining the swamp after all.

More companies are pulling back.

A flurry of companies have since reviewed political giving via their corporate political action committees, according to the DealBook newsletter:
  • Morgan Stanley is suspending all PAC contributions to members of Congress who did not vote to certify the results of the Electoral College, a spokesman said.
  • Marriott said it would pause donations from its PAC “to those who voted against certification of the election,” a spokeswoman told DealBook. She did not say how long the break would last or how the hotel chain would decide when to resume donations.
  • The chemicals giant Dow said it was suspending all PAC contributions “to any member of Congress who voted to object to the certification of the presidential election.” The suspension will last for one election cycle — two years for representatives and up to six years for senators.
  • Shopify terminated online stores affiliated with President Trump. “Based on recent events, we have determined that the actions by President Donald J. Trump violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which prohibits promotion or support of organizations, platforms or people that threaten or condone violence to further a cause,” the company said in a statement.

>>>Citigroup confirmed Sunday that it is pausing all federal political donations for the first three months of the year. In a memo to employees Friday, Citi’s head of global government affairs Candi Wolff said “we want you to be assured that we will not support candidates who do not respect the rule of law.”<<<

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

A flurry of companies have since reviewed political giving via their corporate political action committees, according to the DealBook newsletter:
  • Morgan Stanley is suspending all PAC contributions to members of Congress who did not vote to certify the results of the Electoral College, a spokesman said.
  • Marriott said it would pause donations from its PAC “to those who voted against certification of the election,” a spokeswoman told DealBook. She did not say how long the break would last or how the hotel chain would decide when to resume donations.
  • The chemicals giant Dow said it was suspending all PAC contributions “to any member of Congress who voted to object to the certification of the presidential election.” The suspension will last for one election cycle — two years for representatives and up to six years for senators.
  • Shopify terminated online stores affiliated with President Trump. “Based on recent events, we have determined that the actions by President Donald J. Trump violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which prohibits promotion or support of organizations, platforms or people that threaten or condone violence to further a cause,” the company said in a statement.

>>>Citigroup confirmed Sunday that it is pausing all federal political donations for the first three months of the year. In a memo to employees Friday, Citi’s head of global government affairs Candi Wolff said “we want you to be assured that we will not support candidates who do not respect the rule of law.”<<<

Business prefers stability. Trump's GOP sycophants and far-right base personify instability in all senses of the word.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

As you write the ending of contributions seems to be only temporary and not permanent.

It's encouraging that the companies are stopping contributions, but I get the feel that it's damage control with Democrats controlling Senate, House and the Presidency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis