What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Two questions-

"How do we get this done?"

"Who do we call?".
We elect people who won't take pac money .. Bernie , aoc.. It needs to become the norm to insist on this in the platform.. at some point there are enough to change the law.. We gotta stop fearing what Bernie might try.. Socialized democracy can work... The example i give would be Canada.. They now have the most operationally sound democracy in the western hemisphere...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
All of them should resign or be removed from office. And they should be charged with insurrection, or other federal charges.
... and would these federal charges carry a more severe punishment than being banned from FB and Twitter?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
You would hope.. But the whole of Washington seems to be afraid to take a stand against the craziness... You bring up a good point... The rioters are gonna take all the heat off of the pigs at the trough.. Lindsey had a set of balls for about 12 hours then retreated into his enabling self the next day in a foxnoise interview... Hell even some of the dems in the senate need to grow some cojones.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/09/955128569/more-than-a-dozen-gop-state-lawmakers-attended-rally-that-gave-way-to-riots

Virginia state Sen. Amanda Chase, and Republican gubernatorial candidate, is facing calls to resign after attending the pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday. She claims she did not go to the Capital after the rally.

West Virginia state house Delegate Derrick Evans live-streamed as he entered the Capital. He's now facing federal charges.

"Republican lawmakers from at least eight other states — Michigan, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Alaska, Arizona and Illinois — were present ahead of the riot or said they departed as the mob began to storm. Two outgoing state representatives — Rep. Anthony Kern of Arizona and Rep. Vernon Jones of Georgia — were in attendance. Another Virginia lawmaker, Del. Dave LaRock, was also at the rally."

All of them should resign or be removed from office. And they should be charged with insurrection, or other federal charges.
Let me tell ya ... We've got some serious cult following going on here in Az.. Paul Gosar had his entire 5 siblings campaign for his opponent a few years ago , they all said he's crazy .. Of course he won b/c he road trump coat tails ...

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I took a three mile walk this afternoon. since the George Floyd murder and the racial animosity that was dredged up (again), I no longer walk on the walking trail/bike path near my home. It has too many stretches that are not visible from the streets. I walk down major streets, opposite traffic so I can see anyone approaching me. So I see a lot of people in cars on my walks.

As usual, after a tragedy like we witnessed this week this there is a call for “unity.”
my walk was no different than most days. There was a 50/50 split of people that waved at me enthusiastically, as if to assure me that everything was ok. Juxtaposed with an equal amount of derisive stares and glares, as if I were somehow a part of the problem.

So instead of enjoying my music and a beautiful Southern California day, my mind wandered and I relived a number of racial incidents I have experienced since I lived here. I got home emotionally drained. I sat down and I tried to figured out what triggered my emotions.

I realized I went through the same trauma when George Floyd was murdered. When the capital was under siege like my reaction to the Floyd murder, I was yelling at the tv, wondering why the police were not taking action, then why was it taking so long for help to arrive.

I concluded that in the same manner that I mourned for an America that could sanction and at least 50% of the citizenry support the murder of Floyd, I now mourned for an America that could sanction, and at least 50% of the populace support the President of the United States after he called an army of his followers to D.C. and lead an attempted overthrow of the government.

While these two disparate events triggered me emotionally, i know that the seed of my despair lay in the reminder (again), that in my 60th year things were not likely to get any better in my lifetime.

The morning after the Floyd murder, I walked outside and removed an American flag from my front yard. I pray that there comes a time in my life when I am equally moved to return it.

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I took a three mile walk this afternoon. since the George Floyd murder and the racial animosity that was dredged up (again), I no longer walk on the walking trail/bike path near my home. It has too many stretches that are not visible from the streets. I walk down major streets, opposite traffic so I can see anyone approaching me. So I see a lot of people in cars on my walks.

As usual, after a tragedy like we witnessed this week this there is a call for “unity.”
my walk was no different than most days. There was a 50/50 split of people that waved at me enthusiastically, as if to assure me that everything was ok. Juxtaposed with an equal amount of derisive stares and glares, as if I were somehow a part of the problem.

So instead of enjoying my music and a beautiful Southern California day, my mind wandered and I relived a number of racial incidents I have experienced since I lived here. I got home emotionally drained. I sat down and I tried to figured out what triggered my emotions.

I realized I went through the same trauma when George Floyd was murdered. When the capital was under siege like my reaction to the Floyd murder, I was yelling at the tv, wondering why the police were not taking action, then why was it taking so long for help to arrive.

I concluded that in the same manner that I mourned for an America that could sanction and at least 50% of the citizenry support the murder of Floyd, I now mourned for an America that could sanction, and at least 50% of the populace support the President of the United States after he called an army of his followers to D.C. and lead an attempted overthrow of the government.

While these two disparate events triggered me emotionally, i know that the seed of my despair lay in the reminder (again), that in my 60th year things were not likely to get any better in my lifetime.

The morning after the Floyd murder, I walked outside and removed an American flag from my front yard. I pray that there comes a time in my life when I am equally moved to return it.
i hope you can as well ...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
... and would these federal charges carry a more severe punishment than being banned from FB and Twitter?
Depending upon your party affiliation I imagine.:rolleyes: What pursuing more severe punishment does is a) sends a message that this won't be tolerated, b) prevent with 100% certainty a reelection, and c) Trump cannot receive a pension at taxpayer expense.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
We elect people who won't take pac money .. Bernie , aoc.. It needs to become the norm to insist on this in the platform.. at some point there are enough to change the law.. We gotta stop fearing what Bernie might try.. Socialized democracy can work... The example i give would be Canada.. They now have the most operationally sound democracy in the western hemisphere...
Canada is still part of the Monarchy, even if they have some level of independence from Great Britain.

Do you consider campaign contributions to be 'money from PACs'? They all take it- even AOC and Sanders.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Canada is still part of the Monarchy, even if they have some level of independence from Great Britain.

Do you consider campaign contributions to be 'money from PACs'? They all take it- even AOC and Sanders.
canada is independant of britain at this point in every way but ceremony.. they *are *self governed.. let's not have this as a discussion.. and like i said at this point we have the privilege of being 2nd fiddle in effective (democratic) govt.. i looked it up.. canada is entirely independant as of 1982.. as far as aoc and bernie taking campaign money.. ya they do it .. it's the only way to get elected right now... they would both vote to rebuke that system....
In the US State Department map of countries in the Western Hemisphere (https://2009-2017.state.gov//s/d/rm/rls/dosstrat/2007/html/82977.htm) there are some grey areas not listed. Probably some territories of no importance at all.

yes sir .. i'm aware of the geography

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
random thought: ... why hasn't anybody in washington suggested treating trump like a common drug dealer and seize all his assets? maybe because rich white guys don't have that happen?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

I feel sorry for the person who rated this post as dumb. They really need to look in the mirror to see where dumb actually exists.

highfigh

highfigh

random thought: ... why hasn't anybody in washington suggested treating trump like a common drug dealer and seize all his assets? maybe because rich white guys don't have that happen?
Yeah, it happens to white guys- I know some who lost everything and went to prison for quite a while. The guy would throw parties and bring the guests in by limo- I guess he didn't think it would raise attention. I guess they didn't get everything- the 'family' (not mafia) still has hundreds of rental units.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

canada is independant of britain at this point in every way but ceremony.. they *are *self governed.. let's not have this as a discussion.. and like i said at this point we have the privilege of being 2nd fiddle in effective (democratic) govt.. i looked it up.. canada is entirely independant as of 1982.. as far as aoc and bernie taking campaign money.. ya they do it .. it's the only way to get elected right now... they would both vote to rebuke that system....

yes sir .. i'm aware of the geography
Do you really think the US could do a 180 and survive? I don't.

highfigh

highfigh

Some internal USAID and diplomacy is just what USA needs :)
I was going to write something about that- the US has millions who are called 'food insecure', but the amount of money spent for food aid (SNAP and WIC benefits) is staggering. SNAP and WIC cards are frequently sold, so the money can be used for something else, too. Also, defrauding these programs happens on a large and frequent basis.

Ivory tower governing doesn't work, but those doing it are so disconnected from the general population they can't see the damage they're doing.

I wrote to a Wisconsin Senator after seeing that he had voted against a bill that would have helped US military veterans and when I received the reply, it took that turd seven paragraphs to finally get to the answer. I guess he has a word quota to use by a certain date, so he makes sure to blather on about random crap before the recipient becomes bored and deletes the e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis