What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They demonstrably are in many cases , but if the fix is trump as a dictator, Well I'm all for a second Revolution.. Not this phony white privilege sniveling that's going on now...Edit : random thought... As the first ruling generation after the generation that saved the world , the whiny pissants that roam the halls of govt are what we created as a society... We had it waaay too easy and had too much handed to us .. We haven't handled prosperity well .. We created trump as an icon, now we have to fix the mess...
Based on the time I have been alive, I'm skeptical of anyone who sees a POTUS as an icon.

I agree about people having it way too easy and having too much handed to them. People used to work for what they wanted, paid cash and didn't expect instant gratification. Now, if someone wants something, they expect it to be given to them, usually by the government. Ask them who pays for it and they'll likely say "The government", without realizing or understanding that it's taxpayers who have to fork over the money for everything the government wants to "pay for".

We need a better way to get the attention of the slugs who are supposed to represent us. They'll never enact term limits on their own, but we need that. We need them to balance the budget. We needed them to use whatever powers they have to reign Trump in before we got to the point where we find ourselves. The two parties we're stuck with have veered away from where they need to be and must be corrected if this country is to stand.

highfigh

highfigh

I don't think he spends 24 hours a day in the oval office- someone needs to sneak in and disconnect the Nuke control and replace it with an Office Max 'Easy' button, hooked up to a recording of bombs exploding with 'Boom!' on the button. They can explain that it's bigger, so it has to be better.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Based on the time I have been alive, I'm skeptical of anyone who sees a POTUS as an icon.

I agree about people having it way too easy and having too much handed to them. People used to work for what they wanted, paid cash and didn't expect instant gratification. Now, if someone wants something, they expect it to be given to them, usually by the government. Ask them who pays for it and they'll likely say "The government", without realizing or understanding that it's taxpayers who have to fork over the money for everything the government wants to "pay for".

We need a better way to get the attention of the slugs who are supposed to represent us. They'll never enact term limits on their own, but we need that. We need them to balance the budget. We needed them to use whatever powers they have to reign Trump in before we got to the point where we find ourselves. The two parties we're stuck with have veered away from where they need to be and must be corrected if this country is to stand.
Lol.. Sorry to be a smartass , i seriously couldn't help it.. You do know that trumpism is a cult by now???.. That would be the 1st definition of icon.. Now i can go back to reading the bulk of your response.. Give me a minute... Thanks

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/09/955128569/more-than-a-dozen-gop-state-lawmakers-attended-rally-that-gave-way-to-riots

Virginia state Sen. Amanda Chase, and Republican gubernatorial candidate, is facing calls to resign after attending the pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday. She claims she did not go to the Capitol after the rally.

West Virginia state house Delegate Derrick Evans live-streamed as he entered the Capitol. He's now facing federal charges.

"Republican lawmakers from at least eight other states — Michigan, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Alaska, Arizona and Illinois — were present ahead of the riot or said they departed as the mob began to storm. Two outgoing state representatives — Rep. Anthony Kern of Arizona and Rep. Vernon Jones of Georgia — were in attendance. Another Virginia lawmaker, Del. Dave LaRock, was also at the rally."

All of them should resign or be removed from office. And they should be charged with insurrection, or other federal charges.

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

Ok here we go .imo, term limits are useless.. Lipstick on a pig... We*need* special interest money out of congress and elections.. period.. limited public funding.. Most of the rest of your post is perfectly sensible..

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/09/955128569/more-than-a-dozen-gop-state-lawmakers-attended-rally-that-gave-way-to-riots

Virginia state Sen. Amanda Chase, and Republican gubernatorial candidate, is facing calls to resign after attending the pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday. She claims she did not go to the Capital after the rally.

West Virginia state house Delegate Derrick Evans definitely entered the Capital. He live-streamed it. He's now facing federal charges.

Republican lawmakers from at least eight other states — Michigan, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Alaska, Arizona and Illinois — were present ahead of the riot or said they departed as the mob began to storm. Two outgoing state representatives — Rep. Anthony Kern of Arizona and Rep. Vernon Jones of Georgia — were in attendance. Another Virginia lawmaker, Del. Dave LaRock, was also at the rally.

All of them should resign or be removed from office. And they should be charged with insurrection, or other federal charges.
The douchenozzle from WV is already facing charges and was arrested...

highfigh

highfigh

Ok here we go .imo, term limits are useless.. Lipstick on a pig... We*need* special interest money out of congress and elections.. period.. limited public funding.. Most of the rest of your post is perfectly sensible..
I absolutely agree on special interest money, but there's no reason anyone should use their seat in Congress as a career. I have posted info about the longest-term members and it's ridiculous. IMO, the money spent/wasted on elections should be limited, severely. Election reform needs to happen immediately.

highfigh

highfigh

Lol.. Sorry to be a smartass , i seriously couldn't help it.. You do know that trumpism is a cult by now???.. That would be the 1st definition of icon.. Now i can go back to reading the bulk of your response.. Give me a minute... Thanks
People in cults can kiss my ass. Expose them for what they are and the problem may end. However, being America, where we're 'special', it might not.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Here's a fun weekend thought.. What if crazy Kim decides to launch a nuke at somebody in the next few days?.. Who runs the response ?? Think that may be a shitshow?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
People in cults can kiss my ass. Expose them for what they are and the problem may end. However, being America, where we're 'special', it might not.
That's my point.. This is historically the biggest cult ever.. And most have been fed the " you are fine hardworking Americans "( and some kinda are, if you excuse the obvious racism , place-ism the have) line of happy horseshit.. It's gonna take a minute to unpile this mess... We are talking 30 million uneducated privileged people ( give or take a few million)...

highfigh

highfigh

That's my point.. This is historically the biggest cult ever.. And most have been fed the " you are fine hardworking Americans "( and some kinda are, if you excuse the obvious racism , place-ism the have) line of happy horseshit.. It's gonna take a minute to unpile this mess... We are talking 30 million uneducated privileged people ( give or take a few million)...
Oh, I don't know about this being the biggest cult, but if I expand on that, I'm sure it will anger many people.

What's the point of having convictions, if they can't be wrong? :)

What about the roughly hundred million un-priviledged people? I think they have generally been screwed by our government, on a local, state and national level.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I absolutely agree on special interest money, but there's no reason anyone should use their seat in Congress as a career. I have posted info about the longest-term members and it's ridiculous. IMO, the money spent/wasted on elections should be limited, severely. Election reform needs to happen immediately.
imo .. if you fix the special interest money issue in congress the term limit issue will fix itself .. nobody wants that type of pressure long term.. they will take their pensions and health care package home and retire .. no pot of gold by way of bribes and campaign funding , and the job will suddenly become "too hard" for 90%of them after a couple terms..

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Oh, I don't know about this being the biggest cult, but if I expand on that, I'm sure it will anger many people.

What's the point of having convictions, if they can't be wrong? :)

What about the roughly hundred million un-priviledged people? I think they have generally been screwed by our government, on a local, state and national level.
if you can find an example of a bigger cult i'll kiss yer butt:).. that's the thing , we gotta quit letting congress give away trillions in "rich people" tax breaks and let em (the filthy rich ruling class )swim on their own.. the working class and poor bear way too much of the tax burden...

highfigh

highfigh

if you can find an example of a bigger cult i'll kiss yer butt:).. that's the thing , we gotta quit letting congress give away trillions in "rich people" tax breaks and let em (the filthy rich ruling class )swim on their own.. the working class and poor bear way too much of the tax burden...
Religions. Pucker up.

I know someone who was told "Kiss my ass!" and his response was "I wouldn't know where to start". :)

highfigh

highfigh

imo .. if you fix the special interest money issue in congress the term limit issue will fix itself .. nobody wants that type of pressure long term.. they will take their pensions and health care package home and retire .. no pot of gold by way of bribes and campaign funding , and the job will suddenly become "too hard" for 90%of them after a couple terms..
Two questions-

"How do we get this done?"

"Who do we call?".

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
if you can find an example of a bigger cult i'll kiss yer butt:)
See that's what I don't like about partisanship. You've gotta be able to look at Trump's cult and see that it's huge. Now its antifa (even though there's a lot of red MAGA hats). The Doral resort incident? Well he wanted to host it outta the goodness of his heart. The hypocrisy and lies are even bigger than under Obama. Yet after the Capitol incident, well I dunno that its a big cult. :rolleyes: It's the stupidest era I've ever experienced in my lifetime. It isn't even close.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
If you still support Trump you are now faced with the reality that it was never really about politics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis