Yamaha Owners’ Thread (AVR, Pre-pro, Amp)

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
So before I reset, I used my older laptop where I had REW and my old files. Took a sweep and all the low end was back. Old laptop ran windows 7 and the new one is windows 10.

Any idea which one to trust before I go further? Interesting to note that the old one used the NVIDIA HDMI out while the new one saw the Cx_a5200 in the preferences menu.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So before I reset, I used my older laptop where I had REW and my old files. Took a sweep and all the low end was back. Old laptop ran windows 7 and the new one is windows 10.

Any idea which one to trust before I go further? Interesting to note that the old one used the NVIDIA HDMI out while the new one saw the Cx_a5200 in the preferences menu.
Huh. That’s interesting.
Did you set the sweep to run from 10-200 or somewhere thereabouts?
I’m not sure what you’ve got there. My laptop requires me to manually select my output device etc. and rew used to have a selection for running subwoofer sweeps. Also, Asio is a PITA so maybe it’s a setup issue there.
@PENG!!!!!!!!!!!

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
Huh. That’s interesting.
Did you set the sweep to run from 10-200 or somewhere thereabouts?
I’m not sure what you’ve got there. My laptop requires me to manually select my output device etc. and rew used to have a selection for running subwoofer sweeps. Also, Asio is a PITA so maybe it’s a setup issue there.
@PENG!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I'm sweeping from 10-200 and I have to choose the output as well. One just sees the preamp and the other doesn't. Both are using Java drivers because like you said ASIO is a complete PITA.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay guys I'm having an issue with my CX-A5200, specifically the subwoofer outputs. It is hooked to an SVSound PB13 Ultra and the processor controls all the crossover points. It's all set to 80hz, speakers to small so the sub will handle the low end and LFE. The issue is I'm getting nothing below 50hz, like not even playing. I tested the system with REW and it showed the following. I checked the setup and no PEQ, level or gains are applied, everything is zero.

I tested the sub directly by playing it through my iphone and it was full of low end, 20hz sine waves made the walls shake. When i turned it back to the processor, nothing.

I'm missing something........
Sorry to hear that, Chris.

So nothing was changed and the Subs output just went down?

Hard Reset will probably fix it.

Another thing might be to use Manual PEQ for both subs:
39.4Hz, 49.6Hz, 62.5Hz, 78.7Hz, +3.0dB, Q=0.5.

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
Sorry to hear that, Chris.

So nothing was changed and the Subs output just went down?

Hard Reset will probably fix it.

Another thing might be to use Manual PEQ for both subs:
39.4Hz, 49.6Hz, 62.5Hz, 78.7Hz, +3.0dB, Q=0.5.
Well I'm going to keep digging in to why there is a difference between the two laptops. I'm starting to think that the windows 10 version may have a driver issue. Once I used the old one and adjusted a couple of settings it appears to have fixed the issues.

I'm just not sure which one to trust at this point.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well I'm going to keep digging in to why there is a difference between the two laptops. I'm starting to think that the windows 10 version may have a driver issue. Once I used the old one and adjusted a couple of settings it appears to have fixed the issues.

Oh, so the issue is in the REW software measurement between Win7 vs Win10.

That's why I played with REW initially for kicks and then put it away and just went with what sounds great. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

You can ask at Home theater shack or AV Nirvana. The author of rew John, is very supportive to users and providing he’s not busy, should really be a big help. He’s a nice fellow.

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
Oh, so the issue is in the REW software measurement between Win7 vs Win10.

That's why I played with REW initially for kicks and then put it away and just went with what sounds great. :D
Ha Ha, yeah that's why I had to pull REW out because it started to sound really lacking on the low end. I have no idea why.

I'll figure it out, but this Yamaha is still a fantastic sounding processor!

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
You can ask at Home theater shack or AV Nirvana. The author of rew John, is very supportive to users and providing he’s not busy, should really be a big help. He’s a nice fellow.
I may have to do just that. I've read all his documents on REW.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Why ya gotta be like that? I watched your video on quality headphones. I heard what I heard. Not my fault that you don’t like it.
Btw, I asked you a question earlier. I answered your, and played nice. Why can’t you?
Lemmerhirt, Don't be so negative about Yamaha!! Lord Yamaha will infiltrate your house and lay waste to your low IQ Denon/Marantz (united in sound apparently!) shtboxes with EMP weapons.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
And yes my stands are really good, I didn't even consider your advise about mounting some wall mounts on the walls. God forbid if something had happened to the wall I would be held responsible for it.

Please stop giving wrong advices to people.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Wall mounts?!?! Continue to keep the speakers on dedicated stands. It will sound a whole lot better than wall mounts after you get the placement worked out. Lemmerhirt's fcking with you man. He deserves to have his chair and his ass mounted on a wall instead :D

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Wall mounts?!?! Continue to keep the speakers on dedicated stands. It will sound a whole lot better than wall mounts after you get the placement worked out. Lemmerhirt's fcking with you man. He deserves to have his chair and his ass mounted on a wall instead :D
He is more of a troll who knows very little about the Yamaha & audio in general. I wouldn't take any advice from him but he insists on trolling even more. :D

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Lemmerhirt, Don't be so negative about Yamaha!! Lord Yamaha will infiltrate your house and lay waste to your low IQ Denon/Marantz (united in sound apparently!) shtboxes with EMP weapons.
Never said anything against Yamaha except I dislike some of their interface and proprietary crap. I own and have set up yamaha gear so wtf? I’m not goin around stroking D/M’s dikk.
Unlike the troll king sack B who won’t answer any questions, or reciprocate a conversation. Just spout off about Yamaha Yamaha Yamaha!!!!! And then the moron thinks he’s showing us how AMAZING it sounds with a video, recorded by a cell phone, in his room. How the Fukk is that proof of anything, other than ignorance...
And if lord Yamaha sees fit to emp my junk, fine. As long as he leaves me a new Yamaha.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
He is more of a troll who knows very little about the Yamaha & audio in general. I wouldn't take any advice from him but he insists on trolling even more. :D
Is that so? So if you’re so smart, you would know that a cellphone video of your shitty sounding room is nothing. You should try some acoustic treatments. It really sounds bad in there.
Advice? Yeah, YOU’RE qualified.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
There is a reason why Yamaha sounds a lot better than Denon, they label each and every product on them as "Natural Sound" which translates to more closer to the source.

Yeah. The label is why.....
More ignorance.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Never said anything against Yamaha except I dislike some of their interface and proprietary crap. I own and have set up yamaha gear so wtf? I’m not goin around stroking D/M’s dikk.
Unlike the troll king sack B who won’t answer any questions, or reciprocate a conversation. Just spout off about Yamaha Yamaha Yamaha!!!!! And then the moron thinks he’s showing us how AMAZING it sounds with a video, recorded by a cell phone, in his room. How the Fukk is that proof of anything, other than ignorance...
And if lord Yamaha sees fit to emp my junk, fine. As long as he leaves me a new Yamaha.
Lemmerhirt, right now you're kind of annoying us the proud Owners of Yamaha with your shitty posts and I can see you wrote 3 different post instead of quoting us on one post, how bad are you with technology? Do I have to teach you how to quote multiple posts into one?
How small is your brain? Tell me.

Everything is in front of you and yet you failed to accept the truth. Perhaps we the owners of Yamaha have been laughing at you in the inside for your sheer ignorance.

Denon/Marantz isn't what you think it is. There are more issues than ever on Marantz and denon, infact you'll find whole lot of complaints with "Overheating" on Google's first page.

I can personally give my own experience of the X2300W. Also look up Amir's review on the X4700, he clearly mentioned about Denon's overheating issue even while running 2 channel.

Read here, can you?

"Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated) | Page 42 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum" https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denon-avr-x4700-avr-review-updated.14493/page-42

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis