Yamaha Owners’ Thread (AVR, Pre-pro, Amp)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yamaha suprises me with everything I throw at it, be it music, movie. Its sheer power is unmatchable. Pure direct is holy grail for 2 channel music.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Nice stands. Still sounds like my iPhone though...

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
They delivered me the wrong one. I bought the 26" version but they sent the 32". It sits a bit higher to my liking.

Yes it will sound like an iphone speaker if you play it through the speaker afcourse.

If you use a little common sense and plug in an earphone then you'll get a closer picture. I mean comments like yours are so silly.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They delivered me the wrong one. I bought the 26" version but they sent the 32". It sits a bit higher to my liking.

Yes it will sound like an iphone speaker if you play it through the speaker afcourse.

If you use a little common sense and plug in an earphone then you'll get a closer picture. I mean comments like yours are so silly.

Well I was gonna play it through my HT rig, but I know my crappy Marantz can’t transfer the amazing Yamaha sound. Captured by a phone mic...
Silly. Imo, is trying to evaluate how a system sounds via YouTube. Even the best headphones I own will NOT sound like your system.

Serious Question. When you play that back on your system, or your own headphones, does it sound like actually being in your room? I’ll humor you and try it with a variety of headphones and see what happens.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So yeah. Watched the vid with good phones. Also listened to the original track. The video from the room sounds like a room. Full of reverb. Unlike the original track. So the video does nothing to showcase the quality of sound. Sorry.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
So yeah. Watched the vid with good phones. Also listened to the original track. The video from the room sounds like a room. Full of reverb. Unlike the original track. So the video does nothing to showcase the quality of sound. Sorry.
No 1 gives a damm about your stupid opinion. You're married to Denon/Marantz, that's what I can say. This video just a Demo, and you seem so negative about yamaha. Why don't you sell that yamaha gear & go complete Denon then instead of making a nuisance here.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No 1 gives a damm about your stupid opinion. You're married to Denon/Marantz, that's what I can say. This video just a Demo, and you seem so negative about yamaha. Why don't you sell that yamaha gear & go complete Denon then instead of making a nuisance here.

Why ya gotta be like that? I watched your video on quality headphones. I heard what I heard. Not my fault that you don’t like it.
Btw, I asked you a question earlier. I answered your, and played nice. Why can’t you?

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
And yes my stands are really good, I didn't even consider your advise about mounting some wall mounts on the walls. God forbid if something had happened to the wall I would be held responsible for it.

Good point Wayne. You can also find some at antique stores and garage sales for cheap. Wall mount is even cleaner looking IMO but hey...
Please stop giving wrong advices to people.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
And yes my stands are really good, I didn't even consider your advise about mounting some wall mounts on the walls. God forbid if something had happened to the wall I would be held responsible for it.

Please stop giving wrong advices to people.

What’s all this for? Didn’t know an opinion could be considered wrong. Huh...
Also, you still didn’t answer my other question about your recording, which I did take time to watch btw.
Seems like you don’t want to answer anybody’s questions. Why is that?

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
What’s all this for? Didn’t know an opinion could be considered wrong. Huh...
Also, you still didn’t answer my other question about your recording, which I did take time to watch btw.
Seems like you don’t want to answer anybody’s questions. Why is that?
What part of my previous post you didn't understand? I told you it was a demo. Really what's wrong with you ? Stop derailing the thread. I'm not here to argue with you, but you seem so devoted into trolling, this thread isn't about my stands or anything but about yamaha, if you don't have anything to comment on Yamaha then please kindly refrain from commenting further.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What part of my previous post you didn't understand? I told you it was a demo. Really what's wrong with you ? Stop derailing the thread. I'm not here to argue with you, but you seem so devoted into trolling, this thread isn't about my stands or anything but about yamaha, if you don't have anything to comment on Yamaha then please kindly refrain from commenting further.

Sure. I’ll comment. I love my Yamaha amp!
Yep. You said it was a demo. I asked how it sounded to you when you played it back on various equipment. No answer...
You put it in this thread, not me. That makes it eligible for questioning.
Seems like you’re the one to argue.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Shaboom! That´s what i have been saying for @PENG ages, but he still insists with that old Denon which sounds horrible with music. ;) :D

CES show is next week. Any news will we finally see the official introduction of Aventage range? :rolleyes: @AcuDefTechGuy spill it out!
There is a reason why Yamaha sounds a lot better than Denon, they label each and every product on them as "Natural Sound" which translates to more closer to the source.

Denon and its overprocessing eek makes me sick. They may do good for movies cause they have this artificial boost in surround volume, anything else will always sound terrible, even music videos.
Stereo mode on it is terrible, straight on Yamaha is much better.

EDIT:
Yamaha also released a new firmware for RX-A1080 and other models for spotify where even Free accounts like mine could stream directly to the receiver.

Nothing of that sort on Denon I guess.

Last edited:
C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
Okay guys I'm having an issue with my CX-A5200, specifically the subwoofer outputs. It is hooked to an SVSound PB13 Ultra and the processor controls all the crossover points. It's all set to 80hz, speakers to small so the sub will handle the low end and LFE. The issue is I'm getting nothing below 50hz, like not even playing. I tested the system with REW and it showed the following. I checked the setup and no PEQ, level or gains are applied, everything is zero.

I tested the sub directly by playing it through my iphone and it was full of low end, 20hz sine waves made the walls shake. When i turned it back to the processor, nothing.

I'm missing something........
Sub output.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is this a new unit? Or a new issue that’s just cropped up? At first glance it seems like the sub is selected to NO. Seems the sub itself is good, so it has to be a setting, or bad sub out. The latter seems unlikely.

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
It's about 1.5 years old now. I checked again and the sub is selected correctly which is why this is frustrating because this issue just came up.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It's about 1.5 years old now. I checked again and the sub is selected correctly which is why this is frustrating because this issue just came up.
Have you done a hard/soft factory reset? That can fix issues like that sometimes.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't done that yet, but I think I'm going to have to try it.
That’s all I got.
Seems like it’s probably set up right. I don’t know ho to test a bad RCA. Maybe some else?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis