For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Area 51 as well as some others have controlled entry and exit times based on foreign satellite flyover times. If a president wanted access to certain facilities that access may conflict with schedules.
Crazy Train just pulled into the station. :D

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
You gave your wife a Dumb rating?
Haven't we all, at one time or another. :p

The missus yesterday tried to convince me to go look at lit-up Christmas trees in a park; in a car with 2 other women and my grandson. o_O

Oh yeah, sounds like a grand old time sweetheart ... NO.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You gave your wife a Dumb rating?

Stone Cold :D
No, I gave Roswell a dumb rating. The evidence is that she's smarter than I am. Of course, she did marry me, which some people think is a very questionable decision.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The evidence is that she's smarter than I am. Of course, she did marry me, which some people think is a very questionable decision.
Ah yes.

My immigrant mother warned my wife, before the wedding, 'you seem to be a good, smart girl ... my son he's a no good, he's a just a like just like a my husband'.

Thanks Ma! o_O

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I might be the only regular poster on AH who ever had a security clearance. Everyone with a high level clearance was limited to knowing only those secrets that directly pertained to his or her work. It was called "Compartmentalization". I had a very low rank, but Compartmentalization applied to everyone, no matter what rank, even the President. If a president wanted to visit Area 51, any clearance required to go there would have not been granted. It is likely that he could be briefed on some of what happens there, but the briefing would only be for him, and not the White House aides and press who might accompany him if he actually traveled there.

I had a TOP SECRET UMBRA clearance while in the US Navy until I was debriefed in 1975. That word UMBRA was itself highly classified, and it was followed by a few other code words, also highly classified. They stood for highly classified missions that I directly worked on. I knew plenty about radio and satellite communications of a certain nation that no longer exists today. It's language had an alphabet with 29 letters, unlike ours which has 26 letters. I knew absolutely nothing about our own radio and satellite communications. And of course, I knew nothing about anything else classified.

After getting out, I had a 5-year travel restriction, until 1980. No travel to any Communist nation, or other nation on a trouble spot list maintained by the Defense and State Departments. If I applied for a travel visa to any of those countries, my request would have been blocked. I guess, after 5 years passed, whatever I knew was no longer considered sensitive.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Working in data processing (I.T.) nowadays while in the USAF at a command base I had a Secret (Not Top) clearance. I would imagine there are more people here than you suspect that have had some level of clearance in their past.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I might be the only regular poster on AH who ever had a security clearance. Everyone with a high level clearance was limited to knowing only those secrets that directly pertained to his or her work. It was called "Compartmentalization". I had a very low rank, but Compartmentalization applied to everyone, no matter what rank, even the President. If a president wanted to visit Area 51, any clearance required to go there would have not been granted. It is likely that he could be briefed on some of what happens there, but the briefing would only be for him, and not the White House aides and press who might accompany him if he actually traveled there.

I had a TOP SECRET UMBRA clearance while in the US Navy until I was debriefed in 1975. That word UMBRA was itself highly classified, and it was followed by a few other code words, also highly classified. They stood for highly classified missions that I directly worked on. I knew plenty about radio and satellite communications of a certain nation that no longer exists today. It's language had an alphabet with 29 letters, unlike ours which has 26 letters. I knew absolutely nothing about our own radio and satellite communications. And of course, I knew nothing about anything else classified.

After getting out, I had a 5-year travel restriction, until 1980. No travel to any Communist nation, or other nation on a trouble spot list maintained by the Defense and State Departments. If I applied for a travel visa to any of those countries, my request would have been blocked. I guess, after 5 years passed, whatever I knew was no longer considered sensitive.
Unfortunately, Swerd, the reality seems far more frightening than your view, at least if this website is correct. I remember looking at this site when I was being considered for a job that required clearance some years back:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Working in data processing (I.T.) nowadays while in the USAF at a command base I had a Secret (Not Top) clearance. I would imagine there are more people here than you suspect that have had some level of clearance in their past.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. I was surprised, back in the day, to learn just how many people were involved.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Unfortunately, Swerd, the reality seems far more frightening than your view, at least if this website is correct. I remember looking at this site when I was being considered for a job that required clearance some years back:
Ever since 1975, I never knew any more about that subject. As stories appeared more recently in the news about major security leaks, especially Edward Snowden, I was quite surprised to see how lax the military and NSA had become about things. It seems an enormous amount of people had clearances. And it seemed, from reading newspaper reports about security clearances, that they were much easier to get than in the past.

A quick Google search of top secret umbra revealed a number of websites. All of this is much too detailed to mention, and I maintain that any president wouldn't have time for those details. But a president would most definitely be informed of the results and conclusions based on the contents. That's what presidential security briefings are for. Of course, the POTUS would have to actually pay attention to them ;). I can think of one who couldn't be bothered to do that.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The only thing missing is little green men. Or is there a wall for those aliens too?

See? That's funny. :D
You’ve never heard of the buss rides to LAX with blacked out windows and the random flight times to Area 51? This is all well documented. Has nothing to do with little green men and everything to do with Russian spying. We track their spy satellites and know flyover times, all activities at Area 51 are timed to these satellites.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
@Alex2507 so you’re laughing at my assertions, do you know something different that you’d like to share? The workers of Area 51 have to get to work somehow, if I’m wrong please enlighten me, do they drive to work? Maybe they carpool or take the subway... you want to laugh but I think you laugh at yourself because you know nothing. Please share your knowledge, you can even PM me, I won’t share...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You’ve never heard of the buss rides to LAX with blacked out windows and the random flight times to Area 51? This is all well documented. Has nothing to do with little green men and everything to do with Russian spying. We track their spy satellites and know flyover times, all activities at Area 51 are timed to these satellites.
Thought that was from LAS rather than LAX?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
It was called "Compartmentalization". I had a very low rank, but Compartmentalization applied to everyone, no matter what rank, even the President. If a president wanted to visit Area 51, any clearance required to go there would have not been granted.
And that would be more than enough for the popular culture to start spinning the usual yarn. It may have very well been compartmentalization, but it would get someone's imagination going.

I sure hope during these long 5 years there was at least one person in the entire US to at least jokingly say: God, I doubt we're compartmentalized enough.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis