Denon or Onkyo or ???

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
He does have a point, & I might get criticized for it.

Yamaha does have an Advantage over other brands:

1) No 1 in reliability
2) They verify their HDMI for HDCP compatibility.
3) Yamaha is a brand which has in house production, i.e they don't outsource their parts unlike Denon, so quality is much better.
4) Yamaha has less of that nonsense that audyssey has, including dynamic volume, dynamic eq.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
How’s the reliability going for the HDMI 2.1 equipped units ?

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
How’s the reliability going for the HDMI 2.1 equipped units ?
Look at 4) point, Read it again and again. Understand then tell me what it means.

Your 2.1 issue is not just a yamaha thing, don't troll.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Lurking in the shadows, that was a good laugh. It’s Thanksgiving so I’ll let all this slide.

I think this was an onkyo vs denon question right? I choose onkyo, pioneer elite, integra and Yamaha before denon or marantz. With that being said, I’d take arcam, nad, jbl, audio control, lexicon, anthem and lyngdorf over any onkyo.

Lastly, if I had a denon, oh wait I do. I own two, they’d be fine too. Just needs to be setup the way you like it best or the right way. Lol

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I'm thankful my new Onkyo stays cool after hours of use at high volume and has a modern GUI. It's nice to use the feature set right out of the box.;) Since none of you have been to my home to hear it, you have no idea how good or bad it sounds and you can just pipe the f#%k down about it.:p Oh, I hear the OP was moved up to one of the floors at the hospital. Gonna need lots of physical and emotional rehab. Way to go guys!;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You've been throwing your audyssey on others face about the XT32, and how its miles better than ypao.

What on earth are you drinking? For the last time I'll ask you,have you borrowed any of the yanaha gear and compared to your nice little denon side by side.

I have had both the Denon and now the Yamaha, in the SAME ROOM, with SAME CABLES, SAME SPEAKERS.

Ok fine. I’ll give you one and you give me one. Fair? Yes. I have set up a Yamaha 3080. 5.1.4 system. Four subs in the room and yes, audyssey was MUCH more effective in dealing with bass response. This was verified with REW. I know this Because we used my Marantz (not denon). Also the things that sounded different were OT in direct mode. Audyssey vs ypao were the only things that changed the sound.
Yamaha also uses terminology that’s different, I think just for the sake of it. The front and rear subwoofer thing is confusing, and not affective. I’ve also owned yamahas and onkyos and a bunch of Yamaha speakers too. So to answer your question. Yes. Yes I have.
So back to my very simple question. Do you really believe those cheap boom box systems out out 3500 watts? Or 10,000 watts for that matter?
Next...
Edit: why you ask me if I’m drinking anything? Seems like you’re attacking me. I’m being nice here.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm thankful my new Onkyo stays cool after hours of use at high volume and has a modern GUI. It's nice to use the feature set right out of the box.;) Since none of you have been to my home to hear it, you have no idea how good or bad it sounds and you can just pipe the f#%k down about it.:p Oh, I hear the OP was moved up to one of the floors at the hospital. Gonna need lots of physical and emotional rehab. Way to go guys!;)
Lmao. Good stuff.
Since only is in the thread title and I’ve owned a few I’ll add. Beautiful machined aluminum face plate, ran cooler than any other AVR I’ve owned and sounded awesome with plenty of power on tap. It was great.

C

cpmiller22

Enthusiast
I’ve had both. I recently picked up a Denon X3600H and I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Y'all are distracting me and fckin up my sweet potato prep...Anyways, HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Lurking in the shadows, that was a good laugh. It’s Thanksgiving so I’ll let all this slide.

I think this was an onkyo vs denon question right? I choose onkyo, pioneer elite, integra and Yamaha before denon or marantz. With that being said, I’d take arcam, nad, jbl, audio control, lexicon, anthem and lyngdorf over any onkyo.

Lastly, if I had a denon, oh wait I do. I own two, they’d be fine too. Just needs to be setup the way you like it best or the right way. Lol
It's alright mate, nothing to be embarrased off, there are lots of Denon fans out here. This forum is filled with trolls/bullies, and some novice who think they know everything just because they saw some measurements and tried to do it on their own.

Happy thanksgiving

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
It's alright mate, nothing to be embarrased off, there are lots of Denon fans out here. This forum is filled with trolls/bullies, and some novice who think they know everything just because they saw some measurements and tried to do it on their own.

Happy thanksgiving

Gobble gobble gobble Happy Thanksgiving to you twos :p ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't wait for sachb to teach us about cables! LOL he knows the comparison was valid because he used the same cables.....priceless.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I can't wait for sachb to teach us about cables! LOL he knows the comparison was valid because he used the same cables.....priceless.
And when he mentions novice who think they know everything to Timforhifi... :D:D:D At this moment in time it is LITERALLY the two of them!!

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
And when he mentions novice who think they know everything to Timforhifi... :D:D:D At this moment in time it is LITERALLY the two of them!!
You should teach me what you know. I don’t have much experience in this hobby.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
You should teach me what you know. I don’t have much experience in this hobby.
You're asking a troll how to teach you to troll.
He knows nthing...his posts are just plain rants of some DM. I showed him some pics of the enclosures, and he never responded to it.
He is a dumb founded ranter. If you really wanna learn a thing or two then @PENG is the right guy to approach.

You can actually go back a couple of pages to see it yourself.

Last edited:
S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Should have sold tickets for the wwe brawl we had here. I could have been rich!

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Me too, my Denon(s) and Marantz(s) all have those infinity fans on top but there for added insurance only, none of them had shutdown before the fans were added. ADTG might have his Denon(s) placed in such ways that they didn't get the recommended natural cooling, but I am just guessing. Hopefully he will tell us more.

Just an aside, don't we all notice the Yamaha photos someone posted earlier revealed an obviously larger enclosure, more heat sink area, but sadly, made of stamped metal instead of Denon's seemingly smaller but much better real heat sinks? Denon's design is actually smarter, choosing fans over size and weight. They ran hotter than Yamaha's, likely due to higher bias current used for the sake of reduced crossover distortions, and the overall cost might be lower because of the reduced weight that should result in lower shipping costs, just one example..

If you compare the look of the transformers, Denon's are very well shielded with copper wraps to offset the one advantage that Toroidal transformers offer, i.e. lower magnetic flux leakage. The Yamaha's don't seem to have the same degree of shielding.

For real heat sinks, like Denon/Marantz's (higher models), one can look to the Yamaha MX-A5000:

This is not directed at you, and am not choosing side, just making some factual observations. Just a by the way kind of thing, instead of making a separate post, and since we both are D+M users.:)

View attachment 41998
This is what I call a genuine response.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis