For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
And this is a new thing? Been happening since the Facebooks, Twitters and other social media (s)platforms started. It's easier to copy/paste than to look up the facts.

View attachment 41422
True, but when a lot of those things started, they didn't have the audience they do now.

There's a saying about the internet. Something along the lines of "ever notice how the internet is much dumber than it used to be? Well, that's because all the stupid people figured out how to use it".

Phones made it much easier to be connected. Back before mass adoption of smart phones, people didn't spend very much time on the internet. It was usually just younger people. Once phones made it stupid simple to get on facebook and the like, you started seeing mass adoption of stupid "theories" like flat earth, anti vaxx, etc. Those used to be in the dark, dumb corners of the internet that only a few people went to. Now it's everywhere.

That's the difference.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
ahhhh the Wizard of Oz and the 'Wicked witch is dead' !! Now I've gotta pray Joe can survive at least 4 years !

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
ahhhh the Wizard of Oz and the 'Wicked witch is dead' !! Now I've gotta pray Joe can survive at least 4 years !
Lol. Yeah right. How long till cameltoe Harris is sittin in the big chair?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
my only thoughts are to who is in charge of the trump investigation..and how many secret service agents can fit into a jail cell? edit .. knowing Biden's character he will probably shelter donny from prosecution for the good of the country in return for some return goodwill.. of course it's tough making a deal with the devil..

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
True, but when a lot of those things started, they didn't have the audience they do now.

There's a saying about the internet. Something along the lines of "ever notice how the internet is much dumber than it used to be? Well, that's because all the stupid people figured out how to use it".

Phones made it much easier to be connected. Back before mass adoption of smart phones, people didn't spend very much time on the internet. It was usually just younger people. Once phones made it stupid simple to get on facebook and the like, you started seeing mass adoption of stupid "theories" like flat earth, anti vaxx, etc. Those used to be in the dark, dumb corners of the internet that only a few people went to. Now it's everywhere.

That's the difference.
Yeah, I remember a meme with a kitten being chased by a mitten with teeth, captioned "Every time someone posts something dumb on the internet, God kills a kitten".

Not saying it's widespread, but elections could become a total free for all if they don't secure mail-in voting. There's no requirement for ID for mail-in but there is for in=person and absentee- and since people handle the ballots, they end up in places other than where they should be. They found ballots in the trunk of a mail carrier's car, a woman received a couple with her regular mail and there's a video of some boxes from a mail truck being put in a dumpster. If I had it my way, they would use a secure site with a hack-proof firewall and constant monitoring, requiring an e-signature for the ballots. I don't want to hear any crap about this being racist and that "some people don't have access to the internet", either. The people who don't have a computer or smart phone (at this point, that has to be a small number) or can't leave their house could vote by having someone from the official local agency go there with a laptop and hotspot. The fact that COVID has kept people at home seems awfully convenient, if I were one one of those people with a custom-fitted tin foil hat. I want no way to screw with the election- it's too important to put up with this BS and doubt. Other people saw it as important too, or the count up to this morning wouldn't be more than ten million votes higher than 2016 and 2012.

This election cycle wasn't good for the country. I think the rules need to change- no attack ads. They should state their case, outline their plans and use real data, rather than BS their way through and tell POTUS to "shut up, man!"- even if one candidate doesn't have a morsel of respect for their opponent, they should have some for the office. While it shows how someone reacts under stress, it doesn't make anyone look good. The goals need to be realistic and possible, too- saying "I want to shut the country down if necessary, get rid of oil and create X million jobs" is telling people what they want to hear. Conversely, saying "The days of double digit growth are gone" is far from optimistic and that's not a good thing to do, either.

I would advise people to refrain from making comments about how good a new POTUS is for the country until at least six months after they're inaugurated, too. ANY POTUS.

highfigh

highfigh

Depends- Pelosi needs to clarify her comments about the 25th Amendment. She has already said her interest in it wasn't about Trump, so it begs the question "Who is the one that needs to be removed?".

She never struck me as so forward-thinking that it's a premonition.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Depends- Pelosi needs to clarify her comments about the 25th Amendment. She has already said her interest in it wasn't about Trump, so it begs the question "Who is the one that needs to be removed?".

She never struck me as so forward-thinking that it's a premonition.
With all the craziness of the past year I must have missed that one. Got a link?

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

Can they actually call the election if some votes are still to be tallied?

Asking for a friend.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does it really matter that some television network has forecast the winner? TYT did it yesterday :)

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I remember a meme with a kitten being chased by a mitten with teeth, captioned "Every time someone posts something dumb on the internet, God kills a kitten".

Not saying it's widespread, but elections could become a total free for all if they don't secure mail-in voting. There's no requirement for ID for mail-in but there is for in=person and absentee- and since people handle the ballots, they end up in places other than where they should be. They found ballots in the trunk of a mail carrier's car, a woman received a couple with her regular mail and there's a video of some boxes from a mail truck being put in a dumpster. If I had it my way, they would use a secure site with a hack-proof firewall and constant monitoring, requiring an e-signature for the ballots. I don't want to hear any crap about this being racist and that "some people don't have access to the internet", either. The people who don't have a computer or smart phone (at this point, that has to be a small number) or can't leave their house could vote by having someone from the official local agency go there with a laptop and hotspot. The fact that COVID has kept people at home seems awfully convenient, if I were one one of those people with a custom-fitted tin foil hat. I want no way to screw with the election- it's too important to put up with this BS and doubt. Other people saw it as important too, or the count up to this morning wouldn't be more than ten million votes higher than 2016 and 2012.

This election cycle wasn't good for the country. I think the rules need to change- no attack ads. They should state their case, outline their plans and use real data, rather than BS their way through and tell POTUS to "shut up, man!"- even if one candidate doesn't have a morsel of respect for their opponent, they should have some for the office. While it shows how someone reacts under stress, it doesn't make anyone look good. The goals need to be realistic and possible, too- saying "I want to shut the country down if necessary, get rid of oil and create X million jobs" is telling people what they want to hear. Conversely, saying "The days of double digit growth are gone" is far from optimistic and that's not a good thing to do, either.

I would advise people to refrain from making comments about how good a new POTUS is for the country until at least six months after they're inaugurated, too. ANY POTUS.
mail in voting was/ is secure.. the myth that it isn't was created by the loser of the election as a strategy to call into question the validity of the election if he lost .. he did the exact same thing in 2016..republican election officials in both georgia and arizona have dismissed the allegations of fraud.. Katie Hobbs (s.s. in az ,my home state) said "anybody that says there is any fraud here in AZ just doesn't know what they are talking about",, to further this point: last election cycle it took several days to count all the votes when Mcsalley was defeated by Synema for the other senate seat... this is SOP for mail in ballots .. AZ does this every election, and it's not corrupt...it takes longer to validate mail in ballots... and a buncha facebook news getting bitchers better get used to it , because mail in voting is here to stay.. it increases turn out and helps keep people from being dis- enfranchised..

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Can they actually call the election if some votes are still to be tallied?

Asking for a friend.
yes.. they can.. and they did.. if they are wrong about it then you can say they were wrong.. it doesn't happen very often..

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis