KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Then, there's this- if it's true, they need to be ground into a fine paste.

Canada Free Press is rated as Low for factual content and Extream Right for political bias!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The Governor of WI recently said "Wear a freaking mask!" and all of the news stations report the new cases, total of cases and deaths, but the number of deaths still hasn't cracked 2000. It hit 1000 fairly early, but that may have been due to the way they were counted and COVID-19 was checked on many death certificates, even though the other health problems were the cause of death.

OK, I just found this link and it shows more deaths than the news outlets- why can I find this stuff and they can't???????

Negative tests far outweigh positive and so far, the deaths come to .9% of positive tests. They made all kinds of noise about how Milwaukee, Madison and the area near Green Bay were hotbeds, but 2031 deaths in more than 7 months doesn't equal the number of auto crash deaths (on pace to reach 599) + opioid-related deaths (245 in Q1, 325 in Q2 + a similar number in Q3), Milwaukee homicides (~175 so far, probably reach 200 in a few weeks) and suicide (850, so far). These amount to more than 2500 deaths, so far. The only two that were estimated are auto crash deaths and suicide- the rest are year to date.

WI COVID summary-

I'm puzzled by the death count here, when New York state has more than 20,000.

Then, there's this- if it's true, they need to be ground into a fine paste.

If a person dies while infected with COVID-19, if they weren't run over by a car or shot, how can they not but count it in the COVID-19 death tally? If the death certificate says pneumonia or incephalitis, it would be disingenuous to not include it in the COVID-19 column. A simpler, more reliable, method for tabulating the true impact would be to look at excess deaths compared to the same period in previous years.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Don't you people know that the death count is inflated so doctors can make more money? ;) Un effin believable.
Um, there’s actually some truth to this but it’s being told in a stupid way. No, Dr’s aren’t inflating the death count, hospitals and other entities within healthcare are. It’s not some grand conspiracy, it’s simple accounting. There is additional money hospitals are getting for COVID-19 and they are trying to find legitimate ways to attribute deaths to COVID. Whether it’s money now or funding in the future for preparedness it’s in the interest of everyone, if it wasn’t they wouldn’t do it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Um, there’s actually some truth to this but it’s being told in a stupid way. No, Dr’s aren’t inflating the death count, hospitals and other entities within healthcare are. It’s not some grand conspiracy, it’s simple accounting. There is additional money hospitals are getting for COVID-19 and they are trying to find legitimate ways to attribute deaths to COVID. Whether it’s money now or funding in the future for preparedness it’s in the interest of everyone, if it wasn’t they wouldn’t do it.
While it's entirely likely that such shenanigans are happening, it's highly unlikely that it's sufficient to have much impact on the overall stats.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
While it's entirely likely that such shenanigans are happening, it's highly unlikely that it's sufficient to have much impact on the overall stats.
Don't try using facts here.

Trump 2024! :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If a person dies while infected with COVID-19, if they weren't run over by a car or shot, how can they not but count it in the COVID-19 death tally? If the death certificate says pneumonia or incephalitis, it would be disingenuous to not include it in the COVID-19 column. A simpler, more reliable, method for tabulating the true impact would be to look at excess deaths compared to the same period in previous years.

Without organ failure, blood clots, the atypical pneumonia and other symptoms, it would be hard to blame it. Some of these deaths were imminent when COVID entered the picture and not all would have strong symptoms, like the rest of the population (80% exhibit mild, or no symptoms). Hadn't heard that Encephalitis is one of the problems that come with it.

highfigh

highfigh

I had never even heard of this website until now.
I hadn't, either- that's the reason I put 'If it's true' at the beginning.

I really have a hard time with the fact that the media have lost any desire to be factual- it takes wastes too much time to verify everything and it's too similar to 'The Boy Who Cried "Wolf" '.

highfigh

highfigh

Canada Free Press is rated as Low for factual content and Extream Right for political bias!
I posted that because I had heard from people that their relatives' death certificates had COVID as the cause when they were already at death's door because of something else, like stroke, Cancer, etc.

I even checked the 'About us' area........cripes!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
This is profoundly unlikely. I just read Jack Nicholas is spreading this conspiracy bullshit too. If uncovered the individuals involved would be convicted of fraud, probably at the federal level. The real risk with fraud like this is that there’s always some do-gooder who leaks it to the authorities.

Making it more unbelievable, in this version of the conspiracy the individuals don’t personally profit, only the companies. Would you risk your freedom and huge fines so your company could make a few thousand more per patient? I doubt it.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I posted that because I had heard from people that their relatives' death certificates had COVID as the cause when they were already at death's door because of something else, like stroke, Cancer, etc.

I even checked the 'About us' area........cripes!
I have seen a lot of memes on social media purporting to be people claiming that a relative’s death certificate listed COVID as the cause when in fact the person was about to die from something else. These memes were spreading like wildfire a while back. However, I have never had anyone I know tell me that it happened to their relative.

I found one or two such reports from TV stations and other “regular” news outlets when I googled it. It appears to be very infrequent. I suspect that in some cases people may be misunderstanding the information on the death certificate. Part I lists the causes of death, whereas Part II lists other health conditions that were present, but did not directly cause the death

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
These conspiracy theories are based on a false premise. The false premise is that hospitals receive more funding if COVID 19 is listed as the cause of death on a death certificate. Hospitals do receive more if a patient is diagnosed with COVID 19, but this is not determined by the cause of death listed on the death certificate.

Also, this type of fraud is a federal felony. How many employees of a hospital (let alone others who are not even employed by the hospital) are going to risk ending their career and spending years in the slammer just to help their employer make more money? I find this highly improbable.

highfigh

highfigh

I have seen a lot of memes on social media purporting to be people claiming that a relative’s death certificate listed COVID as the cause when in fact the person was about to die from something else. These memes were spreading like wildfire a while back. However, I have never had anyone I know tell me that it happened to their relative.

I found one or two such reports from TV stations and other “regular” news outlets when I googled it. It appears to be very infrequent. I suspect that in some cases people may be misunderstanding the information on the death certificate. Part I lists the causes of death, whereas Part II lists other health conditions that were present, but did not directly cause the death
Yeah, lots of bad info coming from many places. The news is one of the worst offenders- conflicting reports are rampant. I think that the info on a death certificate depends on whether an autopsy is done- the certificates we got for my parents were one page each.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I really have a hard time with the fact that the media have lost any desire to be factual- it takes wastes too much time to verify everything and it's too similar to 'The Boy Who Cried "Wolf" '.
I don't believe that is a fair statement!

Look at someone like Reuters:

Read the details on how they made their determination.

Certainly, there are many media sources who are motivated to provide the most extreme stories with the most extreme headlines because they are the ones that compel the most people to click on them.

One thing I do is consider any site that is heavily laden with links to sensationalist news stories suspect!
The National Enquirer has been successful for many years and it is the unfortunate reality that their model is even more profitable if they can get daily exposure with immediate stories as allowed by the internet!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Again, my condolences and well wishes to anybody affected by COVID-19 or any other health emergency. Now, get on the f#%kin' horn with a healthcare professional in your area and ask a few questions about COVID-19 to get some real info. For-profit "news" doesn't care about facts nearly as much as it cares about clicks. "Oh God, the news said our local hospitals' ICUs are already 90% full of COVID-19 patients!" They don't tell you that for some hospitals that means they have nine people in a ten bed room ICU. An E/R nurse might be happy to trade places with the nurses up there. Some E/Rs are running at 150% to 200% on any given day of the week because too many Americans are chronically ill. If you end up there, take a book. You ain't gettin' outta' there for at least six hours. Lay off the f#%kin' hooch and corned beef hash! "If you had married that nice girl like I told you to, instead of that lazy whore, maybe you could have a nice home cooked meal every night and you wouldn't have high cholesterol from all of that junk food. You don't see your father complaining about chest pains." "No, mom. Dad usually complains about that huge pain in his ass!":p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I hadn't, either- that's the reason I put 'If it's true' at the beginning.

Well, the much-maligned mainstream media, ie. networks like CBC, BBC, NPR, CNN; newspapers like the Washington Post, NYT, Globe and Mail, etc strive to be accurate. All will sometimes get stories wrong and whenever they are shown to be wrong, will publish corrections. To lump all news sources into the same category - "the media have lost any desire to be factual" - is completely unfair.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Wow, everyone tried to jump down my throat for that one. The fact he is hospitals manipulate data all the time for profit, this is just another opportunity. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s not a theory, it’s simply a fact of how they operate. This is how all large corporations operate, you manipulate data to get the outcome you want, this is just how business is done in America.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Kinda' like the power rating on AVR's. "Well, according to the sticker, this one puts out the most power. I'm gettin' it!":p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, everyone tried to jump down my throat for that one. The fact he is hospitals manipulate data all the time for profit, this is just another opportunity. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s not a theory, it’s simply a fact of how they operate. This is how all large corporations operate, you manipulate data to get the outcome you want, this is just how business is done in America.
I take it you have proof of these assertions? Or are you still just wallowing in conspiracy theories?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis