M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
But what can steroids do for the willfully ignorant? He still claims that Covid-19 is no worse that the flu. Covid-19 has killed 210,000 since it broke out last winter in the US. That's more deaths than the flu for the last 5 years combined.
The never-ending attempts to minimize the coronavirus by comparing it to the flu drive me bananas.

This is picking nits, but I don't think he's willfully ignorant. I think he knows full well it's not at all comparable to the flu, and he's lying for political purposes. As far as I can tell, he figures that even if his actions cause the virus to spread, the death toll will not increase enough between now and election day to negate the boost he believes he will get from his "downplay the risk" (AKA flood the zone with sh*t) political strategy.

Here's an article from March:

>>>Trump told a White House press conference that "a lot of people" had previously suggested the country should simply let the coronavirus take its course, just like the seasonal flu. "Ride it out, don't do anything, just ride it out and think of it as the flu," they said, according to Trump, who said: "But it's not the flu. It is vicious." . . . "If we did nothing, if we just carried on with our life," he said, "you would have seen people dying on airplanes, you would have seen people dying in hotel lobbies. You would have seen death all over." <<<

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
@PaulDS What is there to dislike about a truthful post, #3233? Is the info incorrect? Is the fact that they are making such a coin embarrassing?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The never-ending attempts to minimize the coronavirus by comparing it to the flu drive me bananas.

This is picking nits, but I don't think he's willfully ignorant. I think he knows full well it's not at all comparable to the flu, and he's lying for political purposes. As far as I can tell, he figures that even if his actions cause the virus to spread, the death toll will not increase enough between now and election day to negate the boost he believes he will get from his "downplay the risk" (AKA flood the zone with sh*t) political strategy.

Here's an article from March:

>>>Trump told a White House press conference that "a lot of people" had previously suggested the country should simply let the coronavirus take its course, just like the seasonal flu. "Ride it out, don't do anything, just ride it out and think of it as the flu," they said, according to Trump, who said: "But it's not the flu. It is vicious." . . . "If we did nothing, if we just carried on with our life," he said, "you would have seen people dying on airplanes, you would have seen people dying in hotel lobbies. You would have seen death all over." <<<

And, he told Woodward how bad it is, so he knows.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And, he told Woodward how bad it is, so he knows.
Oh yeah. To my mind the Woodward "reveal" is actually not a huge scoop given what Trump said publicly back then.

This reminds me of a joke:

Q: What is the definition of a gaffe?

A: When a politician accidentally tells the truth!

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
News blurb: "Eli Lilly says its monoclonal antibody cocktail is effective in treating Covid-19"

All of the usual disclaimers concerning "science by press release" apply (I can sense Swerd's typing fingers getting itchy from here! ;)) At least it wasn't a complete flop.

Achieving high volume production is of course an issue, especially with regards to the combo cocktail:

>>>Lilly said it anticipates it could have as many as 1 million doses of its one-antibody treatment, LY-CoV555, available in the fourth quarter of 2020, with 100,000 available this month. But for the combination therapy, just 50,000 doses will be available in the fourth quarter of 2020.<<<

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys, lets keep this thread more focused on Covid-19 related stuff and save the memes, gifs, political conflict, etc for one of the other threads - like the "F'in", or "Debate", or "Criminal" Trump threads!
I appreciate this thread as being a touchstone of mostly factual/discussion of the virus from a medical aspect, and would sincerely hate to see the joking around spiral into flame wars ending with this thread getting shut down!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
But what can steroids do for the willfully ignorant? He still claims that Covid-19 is no worse that the flu. Covid-19 has killed 210,000 since it broke out last winter in the US. That's more deaths than the flu for the last 5 years combined.
Impotence and baldness? The First Handmaiden hopes for the first, I guess, while the rest of us exercise some delightful tickling schadenfreude.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hey guys, lets keep this thread more focused on Covid-19 related stuff and save the memes, gifs, political conflict, etc for one of the other threads - like the "F'in", or "Debate", or "Criminal" Trump threads!
I appreciate this thread as being a touchstone of mostly factual/discussion of the virus from a medical aspect, and would sincerely hate to see the joking around spiral into flame wars ending with this thread getting shut down!
Ugh. Fine. Now I have nothing to contribute... :(

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Must...resist...temptation...to post picture...

Meh, you guys can find it. Just google "$20 is $20". I'm not responsible for what you find.
Man, you should have informed the Congressional the big tech abuse that just completed about the "$20 is $20" hack :mad:

Or not, don't need that kind of distraction just before the upcoming US elections ;)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for saying that. I've been thinking the same thing, and I was wondering how long I could keep my silence.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis