Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Plain old grilled cheese... Did you jazz it up at all???
Whoa, did you just call grilled cheese 'plain'?

There's an episode of 'Chance' where the fat guy talks about making a grilled cheese properly.

Rated PG13

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Up state NY'er... I figure its some hand ground multi-grain bread with local farm cheese made from the milk of a goat named Bella...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Up state NY'er... I figure its some hand ground multi-grain bread with local farm cheese made from the milk of a goat named Bella...
I know somebody like that up in Maine that gets dairy from a local operation with the best yogurt ever. Killer milk of course. This lady claims to know the cow her dairy comes from. Craig is more likely to know the local moonshiner.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Why is it next to impossible to buy whole wheat bread without added sugar? I don't want my sandwich bread slices to be sweet. Not even a little bit. This isn't a fucken desert! If I wanted sweet, I'd gotten a wonder bread.
This includes my local Whole Foods :mad:

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Why is it next to impossible to buy whole wheat bread without added sugar? I don't want my sandwich bread slices to be sweet. Not even a little bit. This is a fucken desert! If I wanted sweet, I'd gotten a wonder bread.
This includes my local Whole Foods :mad:
That's it... Screw this audio bull crap... I'm going to join a bread baking fourm!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
@Gmoney

Continuing from the yamaha thread...

AH was very different back in the day. There were strict rules against political and or religious conversation and a group of mods that did a good job keeping things civil. There were a few members that went out of their way to be welcoming and not be judgemental... most of those members don't frequent the forum anymore.

The political threads kill this place. Turns people against each other when they should be discussing av... AH is still one of the better AV forums though, imo. Just not as good as it once was.

I think the hobby was much different also... There were lots of budget speakers at the time. The internet direct brands weren't as expensive as now, but, the product has gotten better. Even before covid, the get togethers and audio shows were dwindling. There use to be quite a few gtg's. It's a shame but things change and it can change again for the better.

I miss a couple of the old reviewers but they gained a couple good ones too...

Sorry for the babbling... But you did call me an ole timer.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Even before covid, the get togethers and audio shows were dwindling. There use to be quite a few gtg's. It's a shame but things change and it can change again for the better.
I sponsored a get-together at my house once. I had av123 sponsor sending a pair of Strada Mini's. I had SVS sponsor HSU. And several others Polk, Paradigm. I have a bunch of speaker company sponsor and ship me Speakers/Subs. We demoed here at my house wasn't the most perfect setup but we had fun. I catered some food drinks and met some friends.
Even had a guy flying from Arizona to attend. Gene sent someone from Audioholics because he had other obligations

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I sponsored a get-together at my house once. I had av123 sponsor sending a pair of Mini-Strada's. I had SVS sponsor HSU. And several others Polk, Paradigm. I have a bunch of speaker company sponsor and ship me Speakers/Subs. We demoed here at my house wasn't the most perfect setup but we had fun. I catered some food drinks and met some friends.
Even had a guy flying from Arizona to attend. Gene sent someone from Audioholics because he had other obligations
Yeah, it used to happen...

BTW, How many times have you been banned?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
@Alex2507 ... Hey Uncle Monkey... @Gmoney sounds like he wants to have more fun on these forums. The members are too sensitive... Should we turn up the nonsense like olden times?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it used to happen...

BTW, How many times have you been banned?
@STRONGBADF1, Completely banned? or just banned for a week? Me, 2 times in Genes jail maybe more cause I've had Several profiles on here. I can't get back in because I forgot or I lost the password or the email account that was used to open an account on AH has been closed.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@Alex2507 ... Hey Uncle Monkey... @Gmoney sounds like he wants to have more fun on these forums. The members are too sensitive... Should we turn up the nonsense like olden times?
Oh hell yeah! When I first signed up on AH I got Blasted for mentioning "dampening ;)feedback" got banned cause the chump started to make it his Personal mission to start bullying with personal Attacks of my choice of beer. I tried my best to lighten up the thread No matter what I posted up I was getting Bushwhacked by some of the fold followers. So I started making Personal comments and posting Up belittling posts got banned. Their fold follower stated reporting my Profile to MODs , it wasn't till Gene and I had many Private inbox messages back-and-forth where I sent in to Gene for him to Judge to get some of them off my back for trolling. Gene our leader Hates internet bullying. It's one thing to polk fun and it's a Whole Nother thing to take out of context "Bait" than make it a personal Attack. I'm all in for Dumpster fire fun as long as it's within the Guidelines of Genes forum after all Gene is "God" here it's his website.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I sponsored a get-together at my house once. I had av123 sponsor sending a pair of Strada Mini's. I had SVS sponsor HSU. And several others Polk, Paradigm. I have a bunch of speaker company sponsor and ship me Speakers/Subs. We demoed here at my house wasn't the most perfect setup but we had fun. I catered some food drinks and met some friends.

@mazersteven, A few of us Louisiana boys use to do Similar, with get togethers, we didn't have Sponsors just hanging out checking out one's new gear even a Double blind thing sit down. Those day's where good clean fun, some of the guys wifes cooked some of the guys wife's even understood the why of this hobby but weren't into the Actual audio thing they just supported their husbands of this hobby.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis