Status
Not open for further replies.
kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Eh one thing you have to remember is they were debating each other in a bid to run for the president

Winner takers all in that situation things are going to get heated

I mean she got destroyed later on in the debates by I can't remember her name just woke up that lady just unloaded some bombs on her on one of her key platform points she said qualified her

But once again they're debating on running for president sooner or later the gloves come off

So I don't take all that stuff too seriously they're out for blood Kind off like an episode of survivor you have all those teams but in the end it's winner takes all kind of thing so teams can change in a heartbeat

Just like 2 sports teams competing once it's over I agree with how they handled you compete you shake hands and you get over it

Or in this case you forgive and get back to working together for the greater good of your party and hopefully the American public
I remember a time when words actually mattered. Man I feel old

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This we can agree on:)
There is common ground to be had, we just have to listen to each other with an open mind.
"You take that back!"

Sorry- reacting to something I read somewhere else...... because that never happens, right? :)

highfigh

highfigh

I remember a time when words actually mattered. Man I feel old
Not only the words, but the ability to understand what was meant (within reason) by a comment without over-reacting and resorting to insults, threats and complete melt-down.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
This we can agree on:)
There is common ground to be had, we just have to listen to each other with an open mind.
Hey! hey man Stop making good common sense.;) Them Politicians up in Washington don't like that.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Can you elaborate on good intent? [Added bold] Maybe you're referring to the joe biden of old, the one that hadn't completely adopted all of the radical left policies. I could list the stuff he's for and none of its "mainstream".
If youre thinkin that he wouldn't be a yes man for the radical left and china then I have some really awesome polk speakers that I'd like to sell you.
Imo you'd almost have to see djt as evil to vote for a guy with such far left policies. I'd say most of the leftist leaning folk on here WOULD consider him evil, just by the way they talk.

Calm and steady? You mean like old and feeble. It's sad to see someone start slipping mentally which joe is clearly doing. The leaders of our enemies are salivating over his possible election.
Bottom line I wouldn't be excited to vote for him either....
I'm not sure you comprehend the concept of "good intent" in the first place, considering the rest of your post.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Can you elaborate on good intent? Maybe you're referring to the joe biden of old, the one that hadn't completely adopted all of the radical left policies. I could list the stuff he's for and none of its "mainstream".
If youre thinkin that he wouldn't be a yes man for the radical left and china then I have some really awesome polk speakers that I'd like to sell you.
Imo you'd almost have to see djt as evil to vote for a guy with such far left policies. I'd say most of the leftist leaning folk on here WOULD consider him evil, just by the way they talk.

Calm and steady? You mean like old and feeble. It's sad to see someone start slipping mentally which joe is clearly doing. The leaders of our enemies are salivating over his possible election.
Bottom line I wouldn't be excited to vote for him either....
There where better Potential presidential candidates running. As usual the powers be put who they want in the White House. Been a long time since We had Two Presidential candidates running at the same time that where Worthy of the office. I got tired of voting for the Lesser of two evils. Both of them, Trump and Biden have slipped Mentally. It's a fact of life as we get older it can and will happen often more than one Realizes before it's too late. My exFather-in-law is 86 , went to College got his degree man could read a book in hour's not day's hours he was a speed reader what ever that is. He had a very Bright mind and all that went with a Highly educated person. Before his 80's his mind was slipping it's a sad thing to watch happen to a person you care about. But with that said, it should be mandatory to make sure someone running for Presidential office they should be vetted Mentally. Why not? Cops should, Shouldn't they? But Sociopaths, Psycho sociopaths are very keen at Hiding their Mental state of mind.
Vote for or don't vote for "whoever" your Conscience tells you to do. We gonna get Jerked off by whoever is put in office anyways.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Lmao,, just read a CNN Article, yeah I know it's Fake news Media, but as soon as I saw the Heading: lolo "Oh Great! NASA says an astroid is headed our way right before the election" lolo gonna mess up everyone's "Party" lolo please say its so. We may get our chance to take back Our Nation from the crooks. We'll be sitting up in the Capital Congress Hall going ummm ok what next? :D Anyone seen the movie Oblivion? lolo

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Lmao,, just read a CNN Article, yeah I know it's Fake news Media, but as soon as I saw the Heading: lolo "Oh Great! NASA says an astroid is headed our way right before the election" lolo gonna mess up everyone's "Party" lolo please say its so. We may get our chance to take back Our Nation from the crooks. We'll be sitting up in the Capital Congress Hall going ummm ok what next? :D Anyone seen the movie Oblivion? lolo
I mean, the "asteroid hitting earth" box on my 2020 doomsday bingo card is still empty so this "news" does make some sense. :oops:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe you're referring to the joe biden of old, the one that hadn't completely adopted all of the radical left policies.

[/QUOTE

Radical left? Biden? How does this choice of Kamala Harris fit into that narrative?
I suppose if Trump defines your reality I can understand why you think that.

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
When someone's worldview consists of labeling and blaming, it's not hard to understand.

There's always a boogeyman, and the boogeyman is always defined by the moment. Communists, blacks, homosexuals, immigrants (only the non-Caucasoid, mind you), Muslims, women... if you read enough historical sentiment over the past century and a half, you'll see it's always "someone else" causing all of America's problems.

trump is a culmination of centuries of fear and hate, all wrapped up in a convenient package. He says and implies what a large subset of the population thinks, and they can't get enough of it.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Despite that, this is still the place to be. How f^%&ed up is that?
It's because we've managed to not be a dictatorship, we've managed to ensure that votes count, that laws are deliberated upon and not just mandated.

That's how progress is made, that's how people from all walks of life are afforded opportunities to better themselves.

If you lose democracy, you lose those opportunities. One side fights to expand, one side fights to contract. I hope my fear is overblown, but I see November 3rd as the final tipping point in this nation's history.

In my lifetime only one president has ever declared mail-in voting a massive fraud and instructed the postmaster general to actively dismantle the US mail sorting infrastructure immediately before an election. That's a slippery slope. What comes next after November? News? Internet? Education? Books? We have plenty of examples worldwide to see what happens when checks and balances erode.

We call China and North Korea our enemies, but what happens when we become them...

highfigh

highfigh

When someone's worldview consists of labeling and blaming, it's not hard to understand.

There's always a boogeyman, and the boogeyman is always defined by the moment. Communists, blacks, homosexuals, immigrants (only the non-Caucasoid, mind you), Muslims, women... if you read enough historical sentiment over the past century and a half, you'll see it's always "someone else" causing all of America's problems.

trump is a culmination of centuries of fear and hate, all wrapped up in a convenient package. He says and implies what a large subset of the population thinks, and they can't get enough of it.
You really don't see that the Left does exactly what you have accused Trump of doing. I'm not defending Trump, I'm calling you on your blindness. And no, I don't want to see you tell me this is whataboutism. Don't accuse people of what you do.

Uh, the last part was Hitler and he actually got the non-Jewish population of Germany to go as far as joining Hitler Youth before they joined the army and killed more than 6 million Jews. The fact that the sentiment about Jews wasn't lost on most of Europe didn't help- they had been blamed for Europe's problems, including financial crashes, Plagues and just about everything else for hundreds of years. I don't remember the last time Trump got people to kill a shitload of people or start a war. In fact, the military has been very quiet since he was elected, unlike the last three Presidents. Prove me wrong on that.

If people are so stupid that they parrot what he says and act on it, it's their parents' fault for raising stupid kids.

Speaking of parroting what others have said-

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I'm not blind on anything. But please let me know when the right wing has fought for equal rights or equality. Every example I can think of, the right has fought against it.

And did you really just go Godwin on me? That's funny... I don't compare trump to Adolf. But I know there are plenty of his rabid base who want him to be. You're the blind one if you can't see that. I see it every day in the comments people leave on news sites. I hear it every day in people talking in the background. They would love nothing more than to be given cleansing orders and a free pass. If you really want to go down the Godwin route, just remember the candidate of choice of America's neo nazis and hate groups. It sure as truck isn't Joe Biden.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
It's because we've managed to not be a dictatorship, we've managed to ensure that votes count, that laws are deliberated upon and not just mandated.

That's how progress is made, that's how people from all walks of life are afforded opportunities to better themselves.

If you lose democracy, you lose those opportunities. One side fights to expand, one side fights to contract. I hope my fear is overblown, but I see November 3rd as the final tipping point in this nation's history.

In my lifetime only one president has ever declared mail-in voting a massive fraud and instructed the postmaster general to actively dismantle the US mail sorting infrastructure immediately before an election. That's a slippery slope. What comes next after November? News? Internet? Education? Books? We have plenty of examples worldwide to see what happens when checks and balances erode.

We call China and North Korea our enemies, but what happens when we become them...
1598192445506.png

Pogo 1971 by Walt Kelly

highfigh

highfigh

I'm not blind on anything. But please let me know when the right wing has fought for equal rights or equality. Every example I can think of, the right has fought against it.

And did you really just go Godwin on me? That's funny... I don't compare trump to Adolf. But I know there are plenty of his rabid base who want him to be. You're the blind one if you can't see that. I see it every day in the comments people leave on news sites. I hear it every day in people talking in the background. They would love nothing more than to be given cleansing orders and a free pass. If you really want to go down the Godwin route, just remember the candidate of choice of America's neo nazis and hate groups. It sure as truck isn't Joe Biden.
The Republicans tried to get equal rights in the '50s and LBJ & others fought it only until they found that it would get more votes for them. The rabid followers can KMA, as can the Neo Nazis, hate groups and anyone else who can't see that their candidates has problems that should keep them out of office and I'm not referring only to the Left. It's our duty to find fault and criticize our government and candidates.

As an aside, but related to our problems- why is it OK for our government/Congress to have so much control over us? THEY WORK FOR US! Why is it allowed that Congress determines their own compensation and rules of conduct and we have no say in the matter? POTUS doesn't get to decide when'if they get a raise, that's up to Congress. Congress writes all laws, but are protected from some. Why?

I referred to Hitler because of your description, not because of Godwin. And I'm not blind to what his followers say or want but I'll be damned if I start to listen ONLY to talk radio and read Right or Left propaganda. Don't believe that everyone who didn't vote for Hillary or won't vote for Biden wants that kind of hate. The real problem is that both sides trot out candidates that aren't right for the job, but are considered by their side as "the lesser of two evils" by those who are more reasonable. This dog & pony show needs to stop.

Generalizations need to stop, on all sides- they're blocking progress in all areas. Both parties are pitting their followers against those on the "other side' when we should all be on the same side, which is FOR making the country better. The problem is that the opinions of what is needed are so different and people can't debate without resorting to insults, violence and lying.

Ever hear or read that, in a conflict, the thoughts of each side should be written instead of spoken? It's harder to perceive anger if something is read. I'm not referring to writing the argument as it is on FB, Instagram, etc- I mean "This is what we need and this is the reason", without emotion. If this was the way social media operated, I think much more agreement would be found but since people are such emotional animals, I see zero chance of it happening.

There are no absolutes in politics but far too many believe that their candidate has no flaws.

highfigh

highfigh

The problem I have with mail-in voting is that there's no way to prove who's casting the votes. Sure, the forms ask if the person is who they say they are, but with in-person voting, voters need to bring something with them and if they were new to the area, they could bring a utility bill if their driver's license showed an address that was out of the district. I have no desire for anyone to make voting difficult but I want people to want to vote and to be honest about it. I was on a jury for a trial that involved an election official who engaged in fraudulent voter applications and he admitted to it. I can't remember an election that didn't come with someone finding boxes of ballots in someone's basement, yard, a dump, a field, etc in Milwaukee. People have "voted" when they were actually dead. I'm not saying that it's rampant, but I don't want it to be, either.

Also, at some point, while NK has been more divorced from the rest of the world, China has become engaged in commerce where the were in their own capsule before. Eventually, common ground is found between most countries, if they'll benefit from from the arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis