Bernie.........and to think he could have been President !

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Should be a Great Race for the Office of the Presidency between these Three.

eto_trending_kanyenotrunning_071520vidpic.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
About Kanye... you would think Bi-Polar Disorder is a deal killer for giving someone the ability to order nuclear weapons launches. Or am I being unreasonable?
Didn't seem to matter for drumphy's fitness to handle such. Kanye or Drumph what a choice!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
About Kanye... you would think Bi-Polar Disorder is a deal killer for giving someone the ability to order nuclear weapons launches. Or am I being unreasonable?
These GOP staffers don't seem to think it's unreasonable.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Unfortunately, even these platform statements aren't complete. For example, let's take one of my least favorite senators, Ron Wyden of Oregon. Here's what his platform site says about taxation:

economic-opportunity-for-all

Wyden is a long-time proponent of wealth taxes. Are they mentioned on the platform, no, but he is, such as mark to market:

wyden-unveils-proposal-to-fix-broken-tax-code-equalize-treatment-of-wages-and-wealth-protect-social-security-

Wyden is actually not what his web site implies he is: a for the people moderate. Anyone who thinks these new proposals are just for the ultra-wealthy few, needs to read the history of the Alternative Minimum Tax system:

what-amt

Originally aimed at 155 individuals, at its peak AMT ensnared over five million tax returns, so perhaps nearly ten million taxpayers. Counting dependents, that means AMT affected probably one in twenty people in the US. IMO, anyone who thinks these tax-the-wealthy schemes stay narrowly focused on the wealthy is naive.
Any program that imposes a penalty on a few people will almost always grow to include a much larger number- think of it as a 'foot in the door' as in, when a door to door salesman puts their foot in the way of someone who's closing the door when they realize who rang the bell. Once the door stops closing and they have a chance to say something attractive, the person re-opens the door but fails to realize how screwed they are.

AOC said she wants a wealth tax- she's like Sanders, who didn't get what she wanted when she was younger and wants others to pay for the insult. Screw her.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
AOC said she wants a wealth tax- she's like Sanders, who didn't get what she wanted when she was younger and wants others to pay for the insult. Screw her.
I think AOC and Trump are so much alike. They play to their bases like Perlman on a fiddle. Both make the dumbest mistakes and gaffes. Both advocate stupendously dumb policies. Both target groups of people as the root of problems to rally their bases. With Trump it's immigrants, with AOC it's rich people and white men. Both make the dumbest statements to pacify their bases. Give me a break, Trump talking about religion and family values? AOC recommends subway fare evasion and rent strikes. It's only fitting that they hate each other.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think AOC and Trump are so much alike. They play to their bases like Perlman on a fiddle. Both make the dumbest mistakes and gaffes. Both advocate stupendously dumb policies. Both target groups of people as the root of problems to rally their bases. With Trump it's immigrants, with AOC it's rich people and white men. Both make the dumbest statements to pacify their bases. Give me a break, Trump talking about religion and family values? AOC recommends subway fare evasion and rent strikes. It's only fitting that they hate each other.
There is one key difference: Cortez is punching up, and Trump is punching down. Trump attacks the most vulnerable members of society to gain power, while Cortez attacks the most insulated and protected class. There is no moral equivalence between them. Whatever happens, rich people will be just fine, while the harm and suffering that Trump has visited upon immigrants, among other groups, is very real. This "both sides are the same" thinking is absolute garbage.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They all pander to their base- it's how they're elected. The thing that sucks is that the people they're pandering to are the ones who make too much noise and hate everyone. They're ignoring the center, which is just waiting for someone to come along and listen to us.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
There is one key difference: Cortez is punching up, and Trump is punching down. Trump attacks the most vulnerable members of society to gain power, while Cortez attacks the most insulated and protected class. There is no moral equivalence between them. Whatever happens, rich people will be just fine, while the harm and suffering that Trump has visited upon immigrants, among other groups, is very real. This "both sides are the same" thinking is absolute garbage.
That's your opinion. I see the same lack of integrity and stupidity coming from both of these politicians. AOC advocates disregarding property rights, disregarding the law, and she's just as much a bigot as Trump. Cortez is not "punching up". She's just as power-hungry as Trump. And she's not just attacking the "insulated and protected class", she's also attacking anyone who obeys the law and achieved success through hard work. So are all of the confiscate everything progressives. The thinking that lack of success is justification for seizure and anarchy is what's garbage.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
While AOC tries to 'punch her way up' you're right It probably won't hurt the upper crust but it will in all probability adversely effect the middle class, or what's left of it .........

I think Kamala is far smarter to begin with so hopefully she can keep AOC in check(for the time being)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While AOC tries to 'punch her way up' you're right It probably won't hurt the upper crust but it will in all probability adversely effect the middle class, or what's left of it .........

I think Kamala is far smarter to begin with so hopefully she can keep AOC in check(for the time being)
What middle class would the repubs leave, they seem to have no regard for it whatsoever....except to bullshit about.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
While I don't necessarily agree with every policy she advocates, to suggest that she and Trump are opposite sides of the same coin is completely without basis.

She recommends subway fare evasion? As far as I can tell, she is actually against the hiring of 500 new NYC transit cops, which will cost an extra $249 million over four years. The new hires are being partially justified by the suggestion that they will decrease fare evasion, although many observers say they won't come close to recovering their cost. She thinks the funds would be put to better use by investing in transit itself. If you interpret that as supporting fare evasion, I couldn't find any statements to support that view.

Recommending rent strikes? Supporting rent strikers who can't afford to pay their rent due to the collapsed coronavirus economy gets some sympathy from me.

I haven't delved deeply into these issue, as it's not where I live, but there's more to them than simplistic statements would indicate.

To insinuate that AOC and Trump are intellectually equivalent just does not gibe with anything I've seen or read.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis